iPhone '4' thread

Comments

• cactusdust
    cactusdust Posts: 427 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hmmm- anyone care to guess a PAYG price? Certainly not buying it on contract. :o

My guess- just over or around £400. With the iPad around, I'm not sure they want to tap too into that market.
  • bloaty
    bloaty Posts: 757 Forumite
    djrobmac wrote: »
    Haha love it! U just know Apple aint gonna hang onto this to themselves for long, the EVO 4G is prehaps the most serious threat to the iPhone yet and it's out on June 4th (US only handset) so they gotta get this beast out damn quick.

Let's just recap on some of the iPhone '4' rumour spec list..
    • 960 x 640 resolution screen (highest of any mobile device)
    • 'IPS' LCD screen
    • Forward facing camera
    • 5 Megapixel main camera with LED flash
    • Higher capacity battery!
    • Noise cancelling microphone
    • Microsim slot
    • NEW DESIGN :)
    Remember how '3' years ago tried to get video calling a standard? They failed. You know how apple just make things that work.....well could this be the start of the video calling generation? Obviously the network could hamper its success but seeing as O2 are including video mins from your inclusive allowance we could see the future :beer:

Do you have any more info on highlight above please?

My contract has just finished and now got a 12 mths Simplicity i-phone Sim only contract. Do you know if video calls are included with this contract please?
    We seek a world in which everyone with HIV/AIDS can live an abundant life
    Want to join us?
  • ukbill69
    ukbill69 Posts: 2,789 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    cactusdust wrote: »
    Hmmm- anyone care to guess a PAYG price? Certainly not buying it on contract. :o

My guess- just over or around £400. With the iPad around, I'm not sure they want to tap too into that market.

I can say it wont be on pay as you go for months even a year. Sim free, about £550-600 I should think.
    Kind Regards
    Bill
  • brranger
    brranger Posts: 250 Forumite
    I'm abit worried about what a "micro simslot" is will it mean not being able to by a sim free phone to pop my old fat 3 sim in?
    Thought I saw the light at the end of the tunnel....Then got hit by a train! :A
    Lightbulb Feb 2006 :o
    Debt free Nov 2011
  • djrobmac
    djrobmac Posts: 414 Forumite
    edited 31 May 2010 at 3:38AM
    They have booked their usual venue for product launches for June 22 and 23. So probably will be on those days.

Nah, iPhone always releases on a Friday.
    bloaty wrote: »
    Do you know if video calls are included with this contract please?

Yes they are.

http://www.o2.co.uk/support/generalhelp/howdoi/videocalling
    cactusdust wrote: »

Unlike a previous posters comments it WILL almost cert be on PAYG on the launch day as was the 3GS, my guess is....£499 32GB £599 64GB
    brranger wrote: »
    I'm abit worried about what a "micro simslot" is will it mean not being able to by a sim free phone to pop my old fat 3 sim in?

Most major service providers will have micro sim's (free of charge i guess) but fear not......there are many guides on the internet on how to cut your big sim to make it a micro sim...simples ;)
    Hardcore moneysaver
  • Danstar_2
    Danstar_2 Posts: 180 Forumite
    If the iPhone is available sim free on launch I'd imagine the 24month contracts would be pretty competitive.
  • karatedragon
    karatedragon Posts: 1,148 Forumite
    I'm sure it will be fab. When it's Jailbroken.
  • Jon_01
    Jon_01 Posts: 5,870 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Danstar wrote: »
    If the iPhone is available sim free on launch I'd imagine the 24month contracts would be pretty competitive.

Can't see Apple ever doing a sim free.
  • 4743hudsonj
    4743hudsonj Posts: 3,298 Forumite
    edited 31 May 2010 at 5:07PM
    djrobmac wrote: »
    Haha love it! U just know Apple aint gonna hang onto this to themselves for long, the EVO 4G is prehaps the most serious threat to the iPhone yet and it's out on June 4th (US only handset) so they gotta get this beast out damn quick.

Let's just recap on some of the iPhone '4' rumour spec list..
    • 960 x 640 resolution screen (highest of any mobile device)
    • 'IPS' LCD screen
    • Forward facing camera
    • 5 Megapixel main camera with LED flash
    • Higher capacity battery!
    • Noise cancelling microphone
    • Microsim slot
    • NEW DESIGN :)
    Remember how '3' years ago tried to get video calling a standard? They failed. You know how apple just make things that work.....well could this be the start of the video calling generation? Obviously the network could hamper its success but seeing as O2 are including video mins from your inclusive allowance we could see the future :beer:

Wow a Rumoured 960x640 LCD screen, im wetting myself with excitement because my 800x400 AMOLED is so out of date. Oh wait, whats that, oh yes OLED is the better more advanced technology:)

cant see that 900x640 would be any real improvement unless the screen is over 4 inches if im honest, if its not OLED i will be disappointed with apple

I like the look of it but if im honest, i see nothing revolutionary and a lot of things are still substandard to the likes of the desire, evo and droid incredible (yess 2 are us only but the iphone must also compete with them) Anyways, we shall see, if it lives up to expectations i may well get one at my next upgrade but for now im extremely happy with my new desire. (you should note im no android fan boy, ive only owned one 1 day now, and ive never owned an iphone so im pretty unbiased at the moment.)
    Back by no demand whatsoever.
  • Jon_01
    Jon_01 Posts: 5,870 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Wow a Rumoured 960x640 LCD screen, im wetting myself with excitement because my 800x400 AMOLED is so out of date. Oh wait, whats that, oh yes OLED is the better more advanced technology:)

cant see that 900x640 would be any real improvement unless the screen is over 4 inches if im honest, if its not OLED i will be disappointed with apple

Looks like it 'might' be more than a rumour. . .

http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/29/iphone-4g-put-under-a-microscope-960-x-640-looks-like-a-lock/

But you never know. Only a week to go !!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure