Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Comments

• Bubblesmum
    Bubblesmum Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Writing anything onto a ballot paper is pointless really - the spoiled votes simply get counted as "spoiled" - they don't get read individually, nor do they get passed on to anyone who DOES read them. If you have a genuine protest a spoiled vote is a good way of making that point, (although not specifically) but to use the ballot paper in that way simply because you can't decide who to vote for is simply a waste of your own time in walking to the polling station, and the counting team's time in having to count it.

Waving madly at Beanielou and everyone.

Just to say, My OH acted as the Agent for a candidate this GE and I have stood for local council. By law the returning officer, in charge of the count, has to show every single spoiled voting paper to all the candidates and their agents to show that it is an open and transparent count. And for them to jointly agree they are to be excluded.

Along with words like none of the above and nasty words my OH read in the early hours there was some interesting illustrations of mens tackle I understand :o:rotfl:
    As a dear MSE friend says “keep plodding” or
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Or as my Mum would instil, brush yourself down, tomorrow is another day or
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    beanielou wrote: »
    Tactical voting did not work here :(
    The whole situation is dire.

I think it has been a good election for the people of this country. It has stripped away the romantic notion of candidates giving their pledges (which of course they're going to keep) and people deciding on the best candidate.

Instead (rather like the last US Presidential election) we've been given a selection of turds with which we must decide which one will buff up to be the least dull.

Shiny belongs to a different era.
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,255 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Right lovely peeps.
    Two things.
    Crack in patio door very definatly getting bigger.
    Secondly, any ideas for a wee minder graduation gift from the cat?

I am very tired & pain levels are very high.
    Scunnered sums it up.

Have ordered next car & for the first time in a long time will have a deposit to pay.
    I am worth it :rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Fortune_Smiles Posts: 5,033 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    You might find some ideas here Beanie -

http://www.tattypuss.co.uk/all-cat-bags-accessories/kitty-de-luxe-key-chain.html

Take care of yourself now

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 86% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • You most def are worth it. Well done for seeing that.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,576 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Car sounds good Beanie ��
    January spends - £587.58
  • Bubblesmum
    Lovely news about the car

:( patio window ...

Love and hugs
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,255 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Thanks Bubbles :)

Out for lunch today with my mum, DS & his GF.
    My mum is away for his graduation so we were out today.

Got shoes to wear for the graduation.
    Would not have been my first choice but they will do :)
    Sometimes I would just love to be frivilous rather than practical.
    It is what it is.

Was also hoping to have my highlights done but hey ho.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Tell me about it, having to wear practical shoes for a posh occasion ... I look at the photos from that wedding last year, and wince! I *had* bought posh shoes, but I couldn't walk 50 yards in them :o

Glad you had a good time yesterday :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Bubblesmum
    A little bird tells me you had a lovely lunch, :D:D ( more vino anyone ?)

xxxxxxxx
    Fake it, to you Make It

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback