Savings accounts accepting DD's

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    latinaid wrote: »
    I have two PO accounts, with a separate online login for each. If you make sure you are logged out of your online account, you should be able to apply for a new account from the PO home page. You'll get a new online user id though, which is a pain. At least, this is how it worked back in October - I don't know if they have got smarter at cross-referencing now to see if you already have an account.

Yes if you go from the homepage you create a new user. If you follow the links from your existing account and logout it adds a new account to your existing login, or did when I applied yesterday :).
  • DennisTenus
    DennisTenus Posts: 483 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I have 2 PO accounts but under the same user ID, not really sure how I did it!
  • hgt
    hgt Posts: 329 Forumite
    I have 2 PO accounts but under the same user ID, not really sure how I did it!

I think it let's you have multiple accounts under the same user ID if the accounts are different issues. I've got 3 PO accounts under the same user ID, but they were opened over a period of months so are all a different issue number.
  • DennisTenus
    hgt wrote: »
    I think it let's you have multiple accounts under the same user ID if the accounts are different issues. I've got 3 PO accounts under the same user ID, but they were opened over a period of months so are all a different issue number.

Ah yes that makes sense.

I just tried to open another one not logged in, separately and it said there was "technical difficulties" hmmm not sure I believe that!
  • ffacoffipawb
    ffacoffipawb Posts: 3,593 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Ah yes that makes sense.

I just tried to open another one not logged in, separately and it said there was "technical difficulties" hmmm not sure I believe that!

I got that this morning. I tried again tonight and now have 3 accounts, one for each of my Halifax / BOS Reward accounts. All version 29 I think.

Let's see how long the DDs take to credit these from HBOS.

I wasn't logged in (different PC in fact) but it seems to have remembered my user ID from their system.
  • DennisTenus
    I got that this morning. I tried again tonight and now have 3 accounts, one for each of my Halifax / BOS Reward accounts. All version 29 I think.

Let's see how long the DDs take to credit these from HBOS.

I wasn't logged in (different PC in fact) but it seems to have remembered my user ID from their system.

Something odd going on with mine... I just tried applying again logged in and not and still get technical difficulties message

Also tried to transfer some money back to my linked account and it just say's it can't be completed at this time

Hmmmmmmmm
  • Lungboy
    Lungboy Posts: 1,953 Forumite
    pauljoecoe wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Will take a look later - so am I understanding correctly in that you don't set up a regular dd but need to buy something on paypal and then it pulls the money from the bank account?

Yes, that's what it's doing for me. I haven't checked yet to ensure that that is sufficient for Lloyds. It shows in my account as a DD but not labelled as monthly, so hopefully it's ok.
  • surreysaver
    surreysaver Posts: 4,105 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Just perusing the Post Office website, and there is an Issue 30 Online Saver available. Don't know how long that's been there for!
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    hgt wrote: »
    I opened 5 of the current issue today with no problems. All are now showing under my single login.
  • DennisTenus
    KTF wrote: »
    I opened 5 of the current issue today with no problems. All are now showing under my single login.

Wow, I tried again and still can't - I even tried with a different linked account that I haven't used before...... just get same "technical difficulties" message almost immediately when I submit the form!

Saying that, must be something wrong with my account because I can't withdraw money either... arrrggh! haven't been able to for days
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback