Ryanair - Comments & Feedback Thread

Comments

• Bronnie
    Bronnie Posts: 4,165
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Just want to add my 2 cents.

Personally I have found Ryanair to be a fantastic airline.

I have travelled with them to Italy Belgium and Spain.

And on all occasions they were on time. And they were very cost effective.

I look forward to flying with them again soon within Europe on time and for a very cost effective price. Ryanair rocks!

As it says in one of the Times articles from previous link

"Airline credibility is like virginity. You can only lose it once."
  • Starts midnight tonight...
    Are you looking to go away on a much needed bargain holiday? At Ryanair we have brought you another incredible seat sale that is too good to be missed. For only £5 (taxes included) you can get jet off to a host of Europe’s top locations. Choose between skiing, sun worshiping, or get away to watch your sporting heroes in action.
    This amazing £5 offer begins midnight tonight, log onto Ryaniar.com and don’t let this offer pass you by. :T
  • Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,970
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    The £5 offer seems to have been available all day today.
  • I think some of you should be ashamed of yourself. Ryanair is a low fares airline.

Why should you expect the same service on Ryanair as you get on conventional airlines?

Yes some things should be the same, like safety but Ryanair can do what they want. If they decide to charge for you to go to the toilet then that's up to them.

Ryanair offers low cost air travel. And as far as providing low cost air travel they are among the best around. Well done Ryanair.
  • just a quick one, when checking in online does it matter if you print your boarding card on colour or black&white.

just that i have to print at the library and its 50p for colour, 10p for B&W??

every little helps right;)

thanks
    If your lucky enough to be irish, your lucky enough ;)
  • fifeken
    fifeken Posts: 2,700
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Black and white is fine.
  • doelani
    doelani Posts: 2,576
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I booked tonight, 4 people Dublin to Barcelona (gerona) for 5 euros each way per person no taxes. So 40 euro's just checked Halifax account and they have authorised £37.84 bargain :T

We live in Northern Ireland so only Ryanair flights from Befast are to mainland UK so do not mind the drive to Dublin...............just need to find a hotel now lol
    TOTAL 44 weeks lose. 6st 9.5lb :T
  • Bengt
    Bengt Posts: 144 Forumite
    On duty free
    fifeken wrote: »
    I think Norway, Sweden and Morocco are the ones - it's been mentioned here before.
    No, Norway, Morocco and Canary Isles would be correct. Sweden is member of the EU, so no duty free shopping to or from the UK.
    For Swedes going to Germany or France it is still almost like duty free....
  • Hello, I'm new to this so hope I'm posting in the right place.

I recently got myself an Entropay pre-paid debit card and am delighted to have booked some Ryanair flights without the debit card fee. Unfortunately they are now doing something odd.

My flights from the UK are being charged in Euros. A flight that said £10 GBP was charged at 12.12 euros which was then translated back into sterling at £11.29. I'm not so bothered about the amount, but am concerned that an unexpected amount was debited and not the amount on the screen. I have been on to Entropay in case it was their mistake, and they inform me that Ryanair actually debited in Euros. This was a flight from the UK and should not have been in Euros. I had booked 2 more flights each for £3.75 GBP and these were also debited in Euros and the actual charge was again more than stated. I have the confirmation emails with the correct sterling amounts. Before I engage in the horrible process of trying to contact Ryanair, I wonder has anyone else come across this and what can be done about it?
  • pompeyrich
    pompeyrich Posts: 3,135
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hello, I'm new to this so hope I'm posting in the right place.

I recently got myself an Entropay pre-paid debit card and am delighted to have booked some Ryanair flights without the debit card fee. Unfortunately they are now doing something odd.

My flights from the UK are being charged in Euros. A flight that said £10 GBP was charged at 12.12 euros which was then translated back into sterling at £11.29. I'm not so bothered about the amount, but am concerned that an unexpected amount was debited and not the amount on the screen. I have been on to Entropay in case it was their mistake, and they inform me that Ryanair actually debited in Euros. This was a flight from the UK and should not have been in Euros. I had booked 2 more flights each for £3.75 GBP and these were also debited in Euros and the actual charge was again more than stated. I have the confirmation emails with the correct sterling amounts. Before I engage in the horrible process of trying to contact Ryanair, I wonder has anyone else come across this and what can be done about it?

Not going to be much help but they did the same to me, 9:36 euros for £8 tickets = £8:65 after conversion. Would have been £46 had I paid with my own debit card. Hardly worth complaining really, as it may alert RA to the Entropay loophole, if they haven't worked it out already!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure