Where do I stand with laptop purchase from Curry's

mum71
mum71 Posts: 1 Newbie
edited 11 December 2019 at 9:01PM in Consumer rights
I purchased a Lenovo Yoga laptop from Curry's online on 26th December 2018. It was delivered on the 2nd january 2019.
Developed a keyboard fault in May 2019, contacted Curry's they pointed me in the direction of Lenovo. Spoke to Lenovo, laptop was sent away for repairs. Returned in a working state.
Developed a 2nd keyboard fault in October, again contacted Lenovo, sent away, repaired, returned.
Developed a 3rd keyboard fault last week, Lenovo contacted who arranged for a collection.
Also spoke to Curry's who tell me that after the 26th December 2019 they will no longer fix the laptop as it will be out of warranty. I will have Lenovo's repair warranty that will only last 30 days from repair. The man from Curry's told me that Lenovo's policy is to only replace the faulty laptop after 3 repairs.
So what do I do if my laptop develops another keyboard fault in February?
Should Curry's be replacing the laptop as it seems to me they are trying to fob me off.
Many thanks.

Comments

• bris
    bris Posts: 10,548 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    No Curry's won't need to replace the laptop. Your warranty is what they say it is.

Your consumer rights are with Curry's though, but that is a different ballgame. It' involvers timescales, which in your case have now passed that states you would now need independent proof of an inherent fault.

If you get that then Curry's can provide a partial refund, getting a replacement is unlikely.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Technically, you could have rejected the laptop after it failed the second time ... as it was after 6 months though then any refund could be reduced to account for ownership. (Before 6 months any refund must be in full). However that boat has now sailed.

PS - your consumer rights start date is 2nd Jan 2019, not 26 Dec 2018.

Have Lenovo stated what was the fault on each occasion and how they fixed it?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure