Sainsburys Online Groceries

I have done online shopping at Sainsburys for a number of years and have probably had 50 or so orders delivered. With my last order, placed on a Tuesday for delivery the next day, when I checked the prices on the receipt the driver gave me versus the price quoted on the confimation email sent when I placed the order, several prices had increased. For example a pack of loo rolls priced at £5.50 when ordered came in at £6.35 when delivered. The email order confirmation always states “*The total cost shown is an estimate and may differ slightly from the amount you pay. This is because some of your items may need to be weighed and we may have substituted unavailable items.” This is quite understandable and reasonable. However I never order items that need to be weighed and always specify no substitutes so I would expect the cost to be accurate. I complained to Head Office about the incorrect prices and was told that this was quite acceptable and that somewhere in their terms and conditions will be something that lets them increase the price. I had thought that their computer system would know the price applicable on the day of delivery and that this is what would be quoted when the order was placed.

Has anyone else had prices increased like this?

What this means is that, next time I have a delivery, I will have to scrutinise the receipt the driver brings and cross-check the prices with the email confimation before accepting the delivery. This will have the inevitable effect of extending delivery times.

Comments

• dlusman
    dlusman Posts: 2,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    It is fairly standard that online orders are priced at point of picking /delivery date , rather than order date ?

from

https://help.sainsburys.co.uk/help/terms-and-conditions/buying-online

The prices shown on this Website at the time of ordering are guide prices. The prices you will be charged for goods will be the actual prices displayed in the store at which your goods are selected on the day of delivery, including any promotional offers if applicable. You accept that prices of goods may, therefore, increase or decrease between the day of ordering and the day of delivery.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure