Ryanair - Comments & Feedback Thread

Comments

• omelette451
    omelette451 Posts: 1,900 Forumite
    kerfootuk wrote: »
    Sorry to hijack this thread but we are looking to go to Rome from Liverpool - 31st Jan to 7th Feb. Are Ryanair likely to reduce costs or put them up the closer to the date you book?
    TIA

Given how close it is to departure, it's unlikely they'll put them down. Ryanair is unpredictable, but I'd book them now if I were you.
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    As others have said, airlines are entitled to change flight times if they give you two weeks' notice, though I agree they should have emailed you as soon as they knew they were doing it rather than (presumably) waiting until nearer the deadline.
    However, if you've booked a hotel at Stansted I assume you don't live nearby, so suggest you look at alternative airports from which Ryanair flies to Seville. If you find a better-timed one around the same day you'll probably find they're willing to transfer you to it for free.
    That's the problem. There are no other flights on that day from any other airport in the UK, if you discount changing planes in Madrid. only two airlines fly to Seville (Ryanair and Clickair). Ryanair use Stansted and Liverpool, and Clickair use Gatwick. We are flying on a Wednesday and only Stansted flights operate on that day.
    Luckily I have cancelled the hotel/parking package and have got all my money back (I had taken out cancellation insurance with Holiday Extras) and have booked just ordinary parking now. The only reason we had booked the hotel was because of the early start. Now I will just drive the 100 miles from home to Stansted on the day. It's not a bad journey, as it's down the A1 and then the M11.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    trisontana wrote: »
    Luckily I have cancelled the hotel/parking package and have got all my money back (I had taken out cancellation insurance with Holiday Extras)

Great, that's lucky.

Seville is a great place well worth a visit.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,755 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    kerfootuk wrote: »
    Sorry to hijack this thread but we are looking to go to Rome from Liverpool - 31st Jan to 7th Feb. Are Ryanair likely to reduce costs or put them up the closer to the date you book?
    TIA
    unfortunate use of word since this is air travel:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Crabman
    Crabman Posts: 9,943 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    moved to lorweld's post (OP)
  • sturll
    sturll Posts: 2,582 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Crabman wrote: »
    Please use this thread for feedback and comments related to the budget airline "Ryanair".

Any new threads of this nature started from this point on will be merged to keep other threads from sinking down the Travel board.

If anyone spots a thread that needs to be merged but has been missed, feel free to send one of the BG's a PM.

Crabman :)

Its only take what - A few years to get this up and running!

Finally!!!
  • MTPOCKET
    MTPOCKET Posts: 11 Forumite
    :mad: Where do you want me to start !! Yes cheap flights but.....
    in flight staff - rude, ignored customers/passengers
    unless you book seats its a first come come serve, so if there are a group of you or a family you may not be able to sit together !
    cramped seats, additional costs baggage, dirty planes etc
    never again :mad:
    :j
  • BenL
    BenL Posts: 3,189 Forumite
    Ryanair are great for budget flights to get to lots of places I would not have gone to before.

I read the book "How low can you go" where the guy uses 1p flights to visit places and i want to do the same.

Next weekend I am going to Shannon for the weekend with my g/f, £22 return for both of us.

I do also have 1p flights to Dublin Thur-Mon but it is so expensive for hotels in Dublin we are not using them, throw away flights - who would have thought it?

I have used them to visit my sister in Nantes before and had no problems at all.

When they changed the flight to Belfast I was using by more than 3 hours I got a refund straight away back to my card and I rebooked with someone else.

After being so nice about them I hope next weekend all goes smoothly, now if they can lay on Leeds-Geneva at great flight times for me to visit the motorshow I would be eternally greatful.

No insurance, no bags, no priority boarding, visa electron - job done
    I beep for Robins - Beep Beep
    & Choo Choo for trains!!
  • sturll
    sturll Posts: 2,582 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    BenL wrote: »
    Ryanair are great for budget flights to get to lots of places I would not have gone to before.

I read the book "How low can you go" where the guy uses 1p flights to visit places and i want to do the same.

Next weekend I am going to Shannon for the weekend with my g/f, £22 return for both of us.

I do also have 1p flights to Dublin Thur-Mon but it is so expensive for hotels in Dublin we are not using them, throw away flights - who would have thought it?

I have used them to visit my sister in Nantes before and had no problems at all.

When they changed the flight to Belfast I was using by more than 3 hours I got a refund straight away back to my card and I rebooked with someone else.

After being so nice about them I hope next weekend all goes smoothly, now if they can lay on Leeds-Geneva at great flight times for me to visit the motorshow I would be eternally greatful.

No insurance, no bags, no priority boarding, visa electron - job done

And a free go on the slide when it all goes wrong.

:D
  • M4RKM
    M4RKM Posts: 5,132 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    i nearly got ripped off once, a flight for 1p, but then i read they charge £8 to use my debit card, so i spent £100 more on a flight with BA without any card charges!

;)

thanks Crabman
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family