New The Citibank Club

Comments

• Hi leeuk I know what you mean, I was with barclays for 15 years I had the C/A with all the frills until I defaulted on a DD in 2000 when my sister died, I just forget, in shock over my sister and all, but they wouldnt give me anything more than a cashcard, so boo hoo to them they have just lost my custom for good, as I cancelled all my DD's with them yesterday and closed the account, they said you've got 75p left in the bank I said keep it as a tip, lol, so that's them gone, and yes aint it great having the visa back, I sometimes buy things from microsoft and they only take mastercard and visa I dont like using the M/C as you have to pay it back, its my rainy day card, and for emergencys only, so I wonder how many people have joined in the passed 2 months.

Pls be nice to all MSer's
    There's no such thing as a stupid question, and even if you disagree courtesy helps.
    Tomorrow never come's as today is yesterday and tomorrow is today:confused:

MERRY CHRISTMAS FELLOW MSer's:xmastree:
  • cifpower
    cifpower Posts: 6,502 Forumite
    I joined a few weeks back via Quidco. The only concern I have is that the £1.00 tracked cashback still hasn't changed to £50.00 even though my account has been active now since around the middle of December.

I asked Quidco about this and got the following response on 18th Jan:
    Citibank hasn't yet updated its cashback amounts past the middle of
    October, so when they do update their figures your remaining £49 should
    track into your account. We're waiting for them to get back to us with
    those figures at the moment.
  • welcome cifpower and thanks for your post, very useful info on quidco.

There's no such thing as a stupid question, and even if you disagree courtesy helps.

• Altarf
    Altarf Posts: 2,916 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I used to have an account with Citibank but found that they were the most useless financial institution I have ever dealt with, by a significant margin. What was staggering was that their dreadful service was not confined to a single aspect of their service, but covered all aspects of their service.

Even when I closed the account they didn't send me the closing balance, their response was "we didn't think you wanted it".

Six months after closing the account when I checked my credit report I found that they had linked my name to an address I had never heard of. Was that fun to sort out.

I would not recommend Citibank to my worst enemy.

My advice to anyone who is thinking of opening an account - Run away now as fast as you can whilst you still have time.
  • well thanks for that we will all just have to wait and see as you are the first for a negative, but all posts are welcome positive or not.

• less2303
    less2303 Posts: 198 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I have opened a Citibank account just before christmas. Everything has come through,but not started transferring my D/D's etc yet!

Unfortunately I didnt know about Quidco when I applied!

Some information you may find useful about this account:

1. They do accept discharged bankrupts, and are possibly the only bank to issue a visa debit card to them.

2. If you deposit more than £1500 per month, you get the full facilities, O/D, cheque book etc. If not you still get the debit card.

3. As they have no `High Street` branches, deposits can be made at any Branch of Lloyds TSB I believe, but I think it takes five days for the funds to show.
    10 1p's are better than no 10p's !!! :think:

BSCSC member #35

Doesn't expecting the unexpected make the unexpected become the expected?;)

Remember, posts here are just the informed views of someone with similar experiences to your own or with some basic understanding of the issues.
    Please remember, if in doubt, seek professional advice!
  • welcome less2303 and thankyou for your useful post, I did'nt go for the OD but wish I had now I wonder if I rang them they'd give me one, we can but try.

• iceicebaby
    iceicebaby Posts: 3,633 Forumite
    Well I was going to apply for a citbank account but was put off by the £1500 a limit you have to credit your account with each month as I dont have this. So even tho this account IS good I would have not been eligible
    Baby Ice arrived 17th April 2011. Tired.com! :j
  • less2303
    less2303 Posts: 198 Forumite
    You only have to credit that amount to get the OD and chequebook facility.

If you deposit less a month, you just get the visa debit card.
    10 1p's are better than no 10p's !!! :think:

BSCSC member #35

Doesn't expecting the unexpected make the unexpected become the expected?;)

Remember, posts here are just the informed views of someone with similar experiences to your own or with some basic understanding of the issues.
    Please remember, if in doubt, seek professional advice!
  • iceicebaby
    iceicebaby Posts: 3,633 Forumite
    Ah right my mistake I must have read the T&C's wrong I thought you had to credit yoyrr account with that to have the account
    Baby Ice arrived 17th April 2011. Tired.com! :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport