Electronic Cigarette

Comments

• Erme
    Erme Posts: 3,597
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    renegade wrote: »
    Prep.

I am with you on this one, you can go on forever upgrading and what is the point if you getting what you want from the kit you have got?

I have just bought a Riva 1100 kit and it is the last upgrade I am going to do, already have the SD keyring I really like that one, as for the rest of them I cannot get my head around them so why bother?

Well done on your NSD so far.

Yeah no point. I was very reluctant to get my lavatube but my paws mod was delayed so it kind of happened by accident. LR cartos are fab by the way and help the battery last longer. You'll love 'em :)
    The only thing that annoys me now with people smoking cigs, is the smell, it really is revolting, hope I am not coming across as one of those sanctimonious nerds, but it just reinforces in me the reason I swapped to the lovely vaping method of 'smoking'.

I just love it, I really do, cannot believe I would ever feel this way, I am soo happy in myself as are my family, who don't have to suffer stinking smoke smell on my clothes and in my home.

Love it...Love it...Love it!:j

Yeah I still get dreams about chain smoking analogues but still :(...I had one last night. I guess it just means I'd had a bad day (well bad pm)

Anyhow....love my tanks. Only got new ones cos I had probs getting spare parts for my first one and they were a fraction of the price of the first one. Have no desire for Dual coil's and they really have no attraction. Just going to maintain now till am off them (and maybe buy the odd flavouring)...

E
    :dance:
    I believe in the power of PAD
    Come and join us on the Payment a Day thread
    :dance:
  • green1970
    green1970 Posts: 744 Forumite
    I'm all for easy street too as I seem to have been very lucky with the initial choices I made based on the brilliant advice from lots of people on the all-about forum.

I've got the Riva which is the size and appearance of a Touche Eclat. I use the Vision Ego Stardust cartomisers (my first one has lasted a fortnight and is still going strong with no leaks or lack of taste so I reckon each one could last a month with a clean quite easily, perhaps even longer). I use HS Menthol Sensation juice which is my fave flavour. So, all in all I have a Riva (2 batteries), 2 cartomisers, 2 bottles of juice - I refill in the morning and it lasts all day) and each battery lasts 2 days on a full charge. Easy peasy and have no desire to get into 'shinies' as this setup is perfect for me. I place one order for Menthol juice and cartomisers which costs around £30 whereas I used to spend £100 per month on cigarettes.
    11th Heaven prizes Number 103
    Jan Wins - £15 itunes voucher, Food Processor
    1) Holiday 2) Cash 3) Ipad [STRIKE]4) Kitchen gadgets[/STRIKE] 5) New Actifry 6) Garden/House makeover 7) New Bed 8) Multi-region BluRay player 9) Netbook 10) Gig tickets 11) 3D TV

• geneva
    geneva Posts: 24 Forumite
    It's brilliant to read all the success stories on here! :T

Huge congratulations to Renegade & Farzackerly . . . who'd have thought we could have found a habit that is not only healthier, but considerably more enjoyable than tobacco. :D

I love it. :j
  • Ghostlove
    Ghostlove Posts: 237 Forumite
    Last night at 11.59pm I hit 1500 'analogue' cigarettes not smoked. :D
    I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
  • Lotus-eater
    Lotus-eater Posts: 10,789
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    green1970 wrote: »
    I use the Vision Ego Stardust cartomisers (my first one has lasted a fortnight and is still going strong with no leaks or lack of taste so I reckon each one could last a month with a clean quite easily, perhaps even longer).

These look very interesting, I could do with something that works with absolutely no faff.
    Off to do a bit of research.
    Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
  • renegade
    renegade Posts: 1,282 Forumite
    I know I said I would never upgrade just for the sake of it,but I have to which I hope will turn out to be a longer lasting battery.

I have got the EM Riva 1100 still charging so not vaped it yet.

What I didn't know is how small the cartridge is, 12 drops of liquid and it's full don't think that will last long.
    Anyone got this model? I have read somewhere that you can replace/wash the webbing periodically, have you done that?

Is the manual button just used to switch it off whilst carrying around or does it have another function?

Questions questions that is all I have got at the moment in my head.
    You live..You learn.:)
  • prepareathome
    prepareathome Posts: 1,931
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I know I said I would never upgrade just for the sake of it,but I have to which I hope will turn out to be a longer lasting battery.

I have got the EM Riva 1100 still charging so not vaped it yet.

What I didn't know is how small the cartridge is, 12 drops of liquid and it's full don't think that will last long.
    Anyone got this model? I have read somewhere that you can replace/wash the webbing periodically, have you done that?

Is the manual button just used to switch it off whilst carrying around or does it have another function?

Questions questions that is all I have got at the moment in my head.

I have both atomisers and cartomisers for my Riva and usually find I will add to both once a day, unless its one of those bad craving days so then might be twice. If I use the atomiser for direct dripping then I only put in about 4 drops so will have to add a few more later in the day - I have found this way gives a different taste and texture to my juice - mainly whisky cream, I adore that. I only direct drip with the riva as its battery is enclosed unlike the sd keyring
    Need to get back to getting finances under control now kin kid at uni as savings are zilch

Fashion on a ration coupon 2021 - 21 left
  • renegade
    renegade Posts: 1,282 Forumite
    edited 16 March 2012 at 8:27PM
    Prep, I have had the Riva on charge for about 2hrs and it is now green but it still won't vape, it says in the instructions to leave it on charge for 8 hrs,use for 1hr then charge it again, thus can't be right surely? I have tried a full cart from my standard kit but that won't vape either?

Any tips/clues?

The only thing I can guarantee to work is the SD key ring never lets me down, have ordered another one!
    Just sussed it out, accidently pressed the button whilst trying to vape and whoa, I got steam, HaHa, something so simple why don't they put it in the instructions for use booklet? Perhaps not everyone is a numpty like me.
    You live..You learn.:)
  • Lotus-eater
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    You can forget the charging instructions, they are left overs from another type of battery.
    Once it's charged it's charged.

You don't say what carto you have?

If the riva won't vape, then you may have a problem with either the battery, the charger, or the connection on the battery (riva). Sometimes the centre pin of the riva battery can sink a bit and not connect with the centre connection of the carto. Normally this happens when you use different 510 connectors, that are different sizes, not when it is a brand new battery.

Are both batteries the same?
    Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
  • Lotus-eater
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Ghostlove wrote: »
    Last night at 11.59pm I hit 1500 'analogue' cigarettes not smoked. :D

Bit precise, but yay to you :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure