Electronic Cigarette

Comments

• Farzackerly
    Farzackerly Posts: 262 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Well, that's 4 complete days on my Chinese knock-off 510 and I'm delirious (must cut down the nico). I've been experimenting with slight blends of apple, strawberry and menthol, as well as the yunyan tobacco supplied.
    I can't wait to get some more flavours :)
    I also definitely need a heavier battery and decided to get an Ego 650mAh, as the standard 510 batteries are just pegging out after a couple/few hours, depending on usage. From what I can see, the Ego battery will take an 510 atty, is that right?
    I suppose I'd better invest in an Ego charger, as that's the weak link.
  • ada1988
    ada1988 Posts: 360 Forumite
    First Post
    I think that is dangerous.once i saw a news for an accident with a Electronic Cigarette.
    so poor with the guy's mouth and face.

• Lotus-eater
    Lotus-eater Posts: 10,789 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    ada1988 wrote: »
    I think that is dangerous.once i saw a news for an accident with a Electronic Cigarette.
    so poor with the guy's mouth and face.

I know, it was not very nice, I don't think anyone is sure which e-cig he was using yet, I think the general feeling, is that he was using a 2 battery homemade e-cig without any protection circuitry.
    But I don't think anyone knows any more information about it yet.

But I once saw on the news that planes crash and you can get run over crossing the road, so maybe you should not do those either. I'm not being completely ridiculous here, as there are thought to be some 2-3 million e-cig users in the US alone and 2-300,000 in the UK.
    So one accident involving batteries, is not as bad as first appears.

Work out how many people are not now using e-cigs because of that garbled news item and how many people among those will now lose their lives, because they continue to smoke. I think a great many people. Those lives are on the news agencies shoulders.
    Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
  • renegade
    renegade Posts: 1,282 Forumite
    BTW Renegade, I'm also originally from Hull :D
    Hi Isaac, nice to meet another Yorkie on here, I a from the East, Holderness Rd area, where are you from?:beer:
    You live..You learn.:)
  • Lotus-eater
    Lotus-eater Posts: 10,789 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Hi renegrade, I've seen your posts over on aaec, you'll be alright now :)
    Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
  • karmacookie
    karmacookie Posts: 577 Forumite
    Well, that's 4 complete days on my Chinese knock-off 510 and I'm delirious (must cut down the nico). I've been experimenting with slight blends of apple, strawberry and menthol, as well as the yunyan tobacco supplied.
    I can't wait to get some more flavours :)
    I also definitely need a heavier battery and decided to get an Ego 650mAh, as the standard 510 batteries are just pegging out after a couple/few hours, depending on usage. From what I can see, the Ego battery will take an 510 atty, is that right?
    I suppose I'd better invest in an Ego charger, as that's the weak link.

Yes definitely get an Ego charger, they're not expensive, I did the same as you and started on a cig-a-like. I tried charging the Ego bats on the cig-a-like charger and they took for ages! I was advised not to try it the other way round though, i.e. Cig-a-like on Ego charger. I think the Ego charger is too powerful for them!

All you 501 atties and cartos will fit the Ego :)
  • Erme
    Erme Posts: 3,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    renegade wrote: »
    Thanks, have ordered the 510 & Sd Key ring, Drip tip & 3 10ml liquids, that should do for now, as you say, knowledge comes from experimenting, can't wait to get started.

Och you are going to have so much fun hun :j.....Welcome :T.....roll on postie tomorrow/wednesday :). Just please don't kidnap him the minute he walks out of the delivery office :eek:
    Hopefully what you have ordered will have you off those nasties and remember if the flavours don't seem satisfying blame the Liquid not the Riva as its totally trial and error till you find one that satisfies you as well as getting the nicotine level right. I have read some people saying 24mg is a good level for 20 or more a day smokers where others say start with 18mg. I now have a mixture of 18mg and Grizwalds 20mg but plan slowly start reducing my nicotine amounts in the next few weeks as I have been on then nearly 7 weeks now.

Welcome to the world of vaping.

Well PAH I started on 36mg and 18mg right now is just a dream....I'm currently on 22mg/ml....I've just (when he gets his charger) given a friend a kit to get him started on 36mg/ml cos he smokes about an oz a day if not more. I wouldn't recommend any more...I was smoking about 40 a day if not more (1oz of baccy) so hence I started on 36mg...

Yeah about the 8-9week mark IMHO is a good time to start reducing. Do you plan on self mixing to reduce PAh or what is your plan? I self mix. ...when you get the hang of it it's not as hard as it seems. I have a calculator on my android phone that does all the hard work then I just measure the stuff out. You know where to get PG/VG from et al...simple...

If ya worried just wear gloves initially/an apron. I get my juice bottles (25ml and upwards I think? varies) from the chemist for pennies - :money:
    :dance:
    I believe in the power of PAD
    Come and join us on the Payment a Day thread
    :dance:
  • renegade
    Hi renegrade, I've seen your posts over on aaec, you'll be alright now :)
    yes , thanks to you recommending I go on there, lots to read and absorb but exciting too, roll on TUES I hope thats when I will get my parcel.:j
  • renegade
    Renegade, just to add to what Prepareathome & Lotus-Eater have said. The Riva 510 looks the same as the Riva 510. It just has a different thread. You will find it far easier (& cheaper) to get replacement parts for a Riva wit a 510 thread.
    Isaac, Your post has confused me...the Riva 510 looks the same as the Riva 50??????????? HaHa
  • renegade
    Cheers, Everyone :)
    It feels marvellous and no going back now.
    Yes, I was wearing a patch and keeping in mind the possibility of over-doing it, but it's all a means to an end. I'll be reducing the patches from tomorrow.

Relatedly, the GP's receptionist was interested in the e-cig and asked me to email her some links to suppliers of e-cigs and juices with the idea of gettting her hubby to kick it.
    Mmm... I've also found some suppliers in Ireland and the first supply of sample juices arrived today. I rather like the apple flavour :)

Thanks for that Farz , I was wondering if I could still use the patch as a back-up in the early stages.:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport