PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Electrical Instulation

Comments

• Yes that sounds about right.

Should the form be dated?
  • Tom99
    Tom99 Posts: 5,371 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Yes that sounds about right.
    Yes.......
  • And should everything be ticketed?
  • Yes that sounds about right.

Dated and serial numbered.

As it's neither, it's pretty much worthless. Might not have even been issued by the electrician's firm named on it.
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • And should everything be ticketed?

Do you mean ticked?

No, there are specific things that should not have been ticked, like having a parallel generator supply (unless of course there actually was a parallel generator supply) or protection by placing out of reach (which must not be used in a dwelling).

No competent electrician produced that certificate as a result of actually carrying out an EICR inspection.
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • Yes that’s what I meant.
  • I can’t find him on electricialcompetentperson.co.uk list. Are they all on it?
  • Mutton_Geoff
    Mutton_Geoff Posts: 3,819 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    I can’t find him on electricialcompetentperson.co.uk list. Are they all on it?

I'm not sure why you keep looking backwards trying to apportion blame. Why not spend a relatively small amount of money and get a decent sparky round to test your system as it is now?

I think you're never going to find resolution the way you are heading.
    Signature on holiday for two weeks
  • I’m not sure why I continue to explain my thinking and you and others don’t understand?

Again, I’m trying to learn. So rack off.
  • G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I’m not sure why [STRIKE]I [/STRIKE]you continue to explain [STRIKE]my[/STRIKE]your thinking and you [STRIKE]and others [/STRIKE]don’t understand the responses you get.

[STRIKE]Again,I'm [/STRIKE]You're refusing [STRIKE]trying[/STRIKE] to learn. So rack off.
    Now that's just rude!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport