Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Options

Comments

• doingitanyway
    Options
    Essex is right. There is a solution out there but sorry you are having it tough right now (())
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,284 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    Beanie, so sorry the times are so troubled for you :( I wish I knew a way forward that would help.

Well, looking on the bright side I can hardly spend any of the money that I dont have as I am stuck really on the shopping front.
    Every cloud & all that..........
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Guessing thast the cost of the hoist fitting depends on the car it's being fitted to although could be wrong on that? Some thoughts though
    - have you contacted the motobility people about potentially needing to get the car changed? If I remember correctly the scheme is meant to take account of the fact that folk have changing needs.
    - Where is the quote you've had for getting the hoist fitted from? if main dealer then ask in the mobility shop whether they have suppliers & fitters they can recommend?
    - As a short term measure might one of the wheeled walker frames with the seat fitted be a help? Means when you are out and about you can at least stop and take the weight off if you need to without having to try to find a chair? That in turn might allow you to do more and so stay more active without getting yourself to the point of exhaustion that I imagine makes falls more likely? (And I imagine would be light enough to easily get in and out of the car?)

I'm certain there is a solution out there - we just have to find it.

No assassins here, thank goodness!

Great to see you EH.
    I think the key to the problem is that I did not think when I ordered car In May that I needed a scooter or a hoist.
    If that had been the case the whole thing would have been so much easier as it is fitted to car through Motability & is much cheaper & easier than doing after delivery.

At the moment my head hurts with it all & I am not coping very well. The black dog is lurking :(
    You know when I was a teenager I was told I would be in a wheelchair by the time I was 40 & it seemed so old.
    Now I am 55 & feel old.
    I have always battled as much as I can but I feel I am running out of fight.
    But my mantra has always been stand down 7 times & stand up 8.

Apologies this diary should be about paying off my mortgage & not moaning.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• beanielou
    Options
    Essex is right. There is a solution out there but sorry you are having it tough right now (())

Thank you :)

• beanielou
    Options
    Today I went to the post office & the ironmongers & I am just done.
    Off for a rest now.

• michelle09
    Options
    I'm so sorry beanie. :( Hope things improve for you.
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    Stay strong Beanie - there's always a way and I feel sure one will present itself.

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 86% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • beanielou
    Options
    michelle09 wrote: »
    I'm so sorry beanie. :( Hope things improve for you.
    Stay strong Beanie - there's always a way and I feel sure one will present itself.

Fortune x

Thank you both.

• ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Great to see you EH.
    I think the key to the problem is that I did not think when I ordered car In May that I needed a scooter or a hoist.
    If that had been the case the whole thing would have been so much easier as it is fitted to car through Motability & is much cheaper & easier than doing after delivery.

Well, you need to get on the phone to Motability and see what they say. They may have a whole department set up for this sort of situation which we don't know about.
    At the moment my head hurts with it all & I am not coping very well. The black dog is lurking :(

:grouphug:
    You know when I was a teenager I was told I would be in a wheelchair by the time I was 40 & it seemed so old.
    Now I am 55 & feel old.

Maybe feeling things right now - but still not in a wheelchair.

Things will improve. A bad fall will knock your confidence, but you do need to get back on your feet. Fear will rob you of more than actual weakness will.
    I have always battled as much as I can but I feel I am running out of fight.

:grouphug:
    But my mantra has always been stand down 7 times & stand up 8.

Apologies this diary should be about paying off my mortgage & not moaning.

It's a diary about you, whatever you want to talk about. Whether it be ninjas in the back garden or whatever you want.
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • beanielou
    Options
    Not to worry Mr Magificant Wheelchair Pusher.
    I am moving about as much as I can.
    My capabilities are much reduced though from the Burgh.
    Which seems a very long time ago.
    Pass the gin :rotfl:

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback