Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Comments

• ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    beanielou wrote: »
    Z~~My friend> Can you also look at a mobility scooter called whisperer for me?
    Big thanks.

Can't find a Whisperer. There is a Whisper - is that the one you meant?
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,176 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    ZTD wrote: »
    Can't find a Whisperer. There is a Whisper - is that the one you meant?

That will be it~~sorry :rotfl::o:o
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    Delighted to report 4 lbs off this week.
    Much much needed.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• beanielou

• doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    4lbs off is brilliant. Well done you :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    4lbs off is brilliant. Well done you :)
    b

I am pleased :)
    Need need to get back on track.

• ZTD

Well, taking the details from here: http://www.betterlifehealthcare.com/view/shoprider-whisper-mobility-scooter/607/ since it's better, and comparing with the previous airlites 3/4.

It has two batteries in comparison to the airlite 1. It gets a better range though, 12 mile vs 8 - though the airlite is a shade faster.

The heaviest bit is 18kg vs the airlites 14kg - though overall weight is the same.

Ground clearance is identical.

There do seem to be a lot of accessories available, but you'd need to see if any were of value to you. Fluffy dice are available elsewhere.

It's more expensive than the airlite(s), but the seat does have arms.
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • beanielou
    What it is Z is that some people have pointed out that 4 wheels better than 3.
    Also no where up here seems to have the airlight & to send it back if unsuitible is costly.
    Am hoping to go to a couple of mobilty really soon but dont want to go on my own(all by myself.........)

• ZTD
    What it is Z is that some people have pointed out that 4 wheels better than 3.
    Also no where up here seems to have the airlight & to send it back if unsuitible is costly.

The Whisper is £589.00 - the Airtite is £399. You should be able to send it back on a slow boat to china for that difference. Also, the airtite 4 (the in-stock one) had 4 wheels with the front two widely separated. The Whisper has them close together - that will impact stability.

Neither should be a problem provided you don't turn one way and lean the other like I used to do in my toy car when I was a very small child. Aah...the days when ride-in cars were made of metal and would travel long distances down a road on their sides without melting...

These scooters after all only go about 3-4 mph.
    Am hoping to go to a couple of mobilty really soon but dont want to go on my own(all by myself.........)

So long as it's not the warbling Celine Dion version... :eek:
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    No matter what the price do not buy from b et ter. L I f e. The most hideous customer service ever, plenty of people have complained about them on here and other forums.

In my experience too the arms on the seat really do get in the way when you're trying to get it in and out the car, so if you don't need them, don't put them on.

All the mobility shops here have fab staff and will happily help you find what you need. DH has a huge on road scooter that we saw online and our local shop got one in for him to try and when they couldn't match the online price they gave us free servicing for a couple of years to help. His smaller scooter is the same model as he used with shop mobility and liked, we're on the third one of those now as they get a lot of use....most recent one is second hand but was virtually new and a bargain at £200.
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback