PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

C.P.O on rented property.

Options
Hi can someone give me advice. My housing association home is being bought by the local council through a compulsory purchase order. I just want a bit of a heads up on the compensation/benefits I might be able to claim. My adult son lives with me, he's on JSA at the moment I'm on ESA. We're thinking about moving out of the local area and would have to rent somewhere privately so I'm worried about having to pay rent in advance and deposits. Thank you in advance.
ABCDEFGHIJKL:jNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

Comments

• daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,521 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    The Council should be paying for you to take independent professional advice.
  • dc64
    dc64 Posts: 350 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I didn't know that. I thought my housing association would be the best for advice.
    ABCDEFGHIJKL:jNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport