Help shape the future of our Forum

Former_MSE_Andrea
Former_MSE_Andrea Posts: 9,614
Combo Breaker First Post I've helped Parliament Rampant Recycler
Forumite
edited 16 May 2018 at 9:25AM in Site feedback
Update 16 May 2018:

The survey is closing today. Thank you to everyone who's given us feedback on this. It's been very helpful!

----

Hi everyone!

We!!!8217;re running a consultation looking into ways to improve the Forum for everyone, whether you!!!8217;re a long time and/or regular forum poster, someone who posts just a couple of times a month or someone who never posts but lurks instead.

We!!!8217;d like to gauge your thoughts on what you!!!8217;re looking for from the Forum and what is important to you in a brief survey. It should take no more than 5-10 minutes to complete although the more feedback you can give us the more help it will be.

The survey is anonymous and does not collect your IP address.

Thank you in advance to anyone who feeds back in it.
Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
Join the MSE Forum
Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
Point out a rate/product change
Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com

Comments

• One-Eye
    One-Eye Posts: 66,257
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I've completed it, but I don't know what some of the options in Q5 mean, and ranking them was compulsory.

"Submitted ideas featured in products" ?????

"Active engagement by MSE staff" (Maybe I prefer the staff to carry on being inactive)
  • Wizard_of_Id
    Wizard_of_Id Posts: 5,512 Forumite
    One-Eye wrote: »
    I've completed it, but I don't know what some of the options in Q5 mean, and ranking them was compulsory.

"Submitted ideas featured in products" ?????

"Active engagement by MSE staff" (Maybe I prefer the staff to carry on being inactive)

I doubt if I would have picked any of the options on that question had they not been compulsory :(

Did the survey but could not really see how any of the questions actually relate to the forum
  • Gilla_2
    Gilla_2 Posts: 13,228
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    What a weird survey.

The questions just didn't seem to compute, and I had no idea what most of the options that needed to be ranked meant.
    42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot
    :hello: Good Luck everyone !:hello:
  • GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    :( That survey is broken; when I get to the bit where you use the pull-down to get from 1 to 10, they don't stay selected and then you can't get past that question. If MSE want contributions, they'll need to get someone to panel-beat the survey first.:rotfl:
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • StumpyPumpy
    StumpyPumpy Posts: 1,458
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    I've done the survey, but as with others I found the "ranking" question 5 poorly worded and open to wild misinterpretation. It seems close to a "have you stopped beating your wife, yes or no" type question, albeit with more options.

The 10 specially selected statements have to be ranked, or you cannot submit the survey. Some of the statements make no sense to me such as "Detailed breakdown of MoneySavingExpert apps" What on earth does that mean?? How am I expected to rank a statement I don't understand? This question should be optional or at least have the option of n/a. Certainly any data you extract for this question from my survey is invalid because I just selected 1-10 down the list. I was also interested to see snuck in at the bottom of question 4 on how important things are, "The forums remain free of advertising": A portent of things to come, maybe?

SP
    Come on people, it's not difficult: lose means to be unable to find, loose means not being fixed in place. So if you have a hole in your pocket you might lose your loose change.
  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,412
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    My answer to Q5 ....
    <<I have no thoughts on the answers to Q5, but sadly I have to give an answer, which will sort of mess your results up.
    I just left them in the order they were on the screen.>>

Suppose I should have asked for a 'raised eyebrows' emoji!

:D
  • Marmaduke123
    Marmaduke123 Posts: 813
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Mine reverted to the order they were on the screen. Couldn't be bothered to do it again, so completely useless
  • BorisThomson
    BorisThomson Posts: 1,721
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I gave up. It feels like it was written by someone that has not even visited the forum, let alone understands its contributors.

My advice, take off your staff hats and spend a few hours actually using the forums. That's the only way you're going to really get a feel for how it is going wrong, and why contributions have fallen whilst other forums are thriving.
  • poorly_scammo
    poorly_scammo Posts: 34,024 Forumite
    This place is dead and the reason is because you, the staff were so high-handed and puritanical about what people could post about and how they expressed themselves, that they all cleared off. You helped create a sterile place which once was so busy that forumites could barely keep up with the threads.

I used to post on here every day. Granted I was ill and had the time to do so, but even if I had the time now I wouldn't bother. There is no reason to.

Well done to those who thought that grown adults could be treated like school children.
    4.30: conduct pigeon orchestra...
  • not sure what went wrong but couldn't get past next on first page???
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure