Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754
    Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    silvercar wrote: »
    Ask Alexa....buy one first then ask her!

:rotfl::rotfl:

Anyway....my visit to A wasn’t a complete waste of time. I found a £5 womble:D

A v T

1x Tetley's Smoothflow Beer (4x440) £4.00 £3.50

A v M
    1x ASDA Butcher's Selection Beef Mince (Typically Less Than 20% Fat) (500g) £2.30 £2.08
    2x ASDA Farm Stores White Potatoes (2.5kg) £2.30 £2.00
    2x Dolmio Bolognese Pasta Sauce Original (500g) £2.50 £2.00
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754
    Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    New nectar offer showing for me.

250 points when I buy fuel from BP
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Are many people bothering with the £10 off Amazon code wys £50

I’m trying really hard to think of something we need:rotfl:

Any recommendations anyone?

A fridge especially for Mullers ;)
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 27,949
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Are many people bothering with the £10 off Amazon code wys £50

I’m trying really hard to think of something we need:rotfl:

Any recommendations anyone?
    I'm in the same position except I do have something in mind costing 25 odd so just need another 25.
    emerald21 wrote: »
    Evening elite, does anyone think that it makes a difference on the amount you spend when using AP as to the whether you get an entry draw or voucher code or is it completely random? I may have to re-think breaking my carrots into tiny pieces.:rotfl:

Good to hear an elite has won a prize, may there be many more to come. :)[/QUOTE

Completely random I’ve won with a 5p carrot but not with a dear item
    Perhaps you are our nominated prize winner?

Talking of droid I got a sumup reader, arrived today but my account has been blocked by security until I explain how my business will be using it. Sadly this means that if I do try a transaction it beeps on the phone but then gets transaction declined :cool:
    I think....
  • pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    They are :cool:

But they are only available in store now
    What a b'gger I must have bought a couple of dozen of them a couple of years ago, thanks to you!
    The following Christmas everyone got their present in a 'Shaw's bag'
    I still use them and have at least 6 unused in the cupboard from hell!
  • pippo
    Forumite
    pepper77 wrote: »
    I recognize the bag.
    Are they still 25p?

Well spotted!
  • rhosynbach
    rhosynbach Posts: 7,664 Forumite
    Snap-ant wrote: »
    :) Thanks. Unfortunately all that was left were 3XL & 4XL :( I even got them to wrestle mannequin out of window to check the size on the Scarletts top but that was Large :(

Thanks so much for looking, it was very kind of you snap you are a true elite :A:A xxxxx
  • Tinyshoes wrote: »
    Has anyone holidayed in Morroco? I might be going on another holiday with DD2 this year but she doesn't want to go back to Turkey even though I do. :(

Not sure about being 2 lone females...

Also looking at Mexico, Greek Islands, Bulgaria and Croatia. We want to go AI as do not want hassle of managing money while on holiday, do enough of that the rest of the year. ;)

Yes, but it's a while ago....:eek:

I went to Agadir with a female friend in 2004 to celebrate our 50th birthdays. Brilliant time, camel-riding one day, and another day we did an evening trip into the desert to see a Berber village, with sunset, traditional tagine supper and drumming and dancing, rest of the time was souk, hotel pool, beach, shopping, massage etc. And lots of food.

Ate out every evening, intending to try different venues but inevitably we found a favourite early on, and at the end of every meal they presented a red rose to each of us. Hotel had nightly entertainment, quite a variety, juggling, traditional singers etc, followed by disco, and the waiters were very polite and friendly, always made time for a chat.

Taxis were cheap and we had no problems. Apart from the night we locked ourselves out of the room, we had gone to sit outside in pjs and the door slammed shut in a breeze, so yours truly had to wander through the disco dressed in my best Victorias Secret, looking for staff. Then we had to wait while they got ladders to send someone in through the window as the key was inside the lock...

And there was a guy we met in the souk, but that's another story...

All good fun. :D

We made a point of dressing respectfully to go out, long summer skirts/trousers, but hotel was very relaxed.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• pippo
    Forumite
    bubbs wrote: »
    Evening all :D
    Too many pages to catch up on , hope everyone is ok x
    Evening love,.. home soon??
    Mr Grumpy Knickers has earned his Irish single malt whiskey..
    he finished the kitchen off at 6 o'clock this morning (except he 'forgot the bit around the washing machine:D )
    Spice rack back on the wall, but there is not room for all of the extra jars I bought yesterday!
  • frequent
    frequent Posts: 4,938 Forumite
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    New nectar offer showing for me.

250 points when I buy fuel from BP

5p off fuel offer when you buy any 2 selected products.

The 750ml water, is 2 for £2.00, so if you buy 40 litres of fuel, you have still spent the £2.00 you save :rotfl::rotfl:

I picked up 4 cans of coke for £1.50 so in theory saved 50p :rotfl:

Notes the price of super unleaded is £1.319 a litre, (£5.80 in old money) :eek:
    Back to square one, no apg, no comment.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport