Another Mortgage application

Options
Hi all let me start from the beginning.

I’m trying to buy a home which has a value of 380k. I have a 200k down payment so I’m trying to get a mortgage for 180k.

I was approved in principal with NatWest however they declined for the simple fact I went into a unwarranted overdraft in March and April. Now the March one was because I changed jobs and moved all my dd to just after the new pay date but I missed 1. It’s was for about 25.00.
The other was because of NatWest charging me the previous months fee lol.

I’m appealing this as I have had the one removed and the other was just a stupid mistake, I’ve even showed in the last 12 months I’ve not done it at all.

What’s your thoughts thanks guys.

Comments

• foxy-stoat
    foxy-stoat Posts: 6,879 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Try another lender - or maybe a broker
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,767 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Wait until your NatWest account has been three months clear and they should be prepared to lend.

Find another lender, or get an independent broker to find you the best deal.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • Daverogers_2
    Daverogers_2 Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks all. I forgot to mention Im using a broker at the minute.
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Daverogers wrote: »
    however they declined for the simple fact I went into a unwarranted overdraft in March and April.

Is that your supposition? What other factors may have impacted the lenders decision.
  • Daverogers_2
    Options
    Hi and thanks for the response. That is the response we received from the underwriter. We were told if we can prove its not habitual we have a good chance which I did. Otherwise my credit and salary etc... are good.
  • Daverogers_2
    Options
    Ok it gets even better. Now apparently I have a debt written off with NatWest lol.
    I!!!8217;ve never had any debt written off that!!!8217;s a joke. When I spoke to NatWest they say they don!!!8217;t see a write off anywhere on my account. My credit file with Experian shows no write off either. What the heck is going on.
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,767 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    The RBS Group, which includes NatWest has internal bad debt markers which become visible to mortgage underwriters during the process. These are not time-limited.

They may have the wrong Dave Rogers.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • Daverogers_2
    Options
    I should have never gone with the bank I have my account with. What a pain
  • Daverogers_2
    Options
    Update. I have found out the debt. Get this.

I liquidated a company in 2016 and paid all money owed to NatWest. However they kept the bank account open. This cost 25 a month there about. I called NatWest and told them they need to close this we are not trading anymore. NatWest advised me they cannot until the liquidation process is complete. They then advised me once it!!!8217;s complete they will close the account and remove the charges. Well that!!!8217;s not what happened. It rose to £275.00. When I asked NatWest yesterday what this has happened. They informed me the debt was so low they didn!!!8217;t bother to contact me. !!!!!!......

So now within the rbs group I have a written of debt because they could not be asked to deal with it. How is this fair. I would have paid.
  • Daverogers_2
    edited 1 June 2018 at 11:23AM
    Options
    Ive now applied to Halifax . Lets see how it goes. Ill keep the post updated till completion for anyone else who need the guidance.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure