Pay off mortgage and start having fun!

Options

Comments

• newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,941 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi Pushkin, I do still have some gloop in the cupboard but the last few months I have been using the proper stuff :o that's the kind of thing I need to get back to next year!
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I made some gloop last week :D - I tidied the chest of drawers in our bathroom and decided to make some with some teeny hotel soaps found in there :D
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • newgirly
    edited 13 November 2014 at 9:32PM
    Options
    I went to the £1 shop today and managed to spend £32 :eek: xmas gift bags, toiletries and decorating supplies - I'm going to paint ds2's bedroom with some of the tons of paint we have. Also got a £5 red light pendant , all that's needed now I think is new blinds and hopefully that's it.

It could do with having a built in cupboard removed , new flooring and plastering but I can't face that so I'm doing a makeover instead. thought I'd try a project before xmas as nothing has been done since the loft last year.

Heating still off nearly all the time, my dd is still wafting around the house in a tiny nightshirt with wet hair and is not cold for some reason, seems I'm the only one who has to put thermals on at night :rotfl:

Just spotted your post greent, glad someone is putting the effort in still making gloop, I feel guilty now!
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    That's a mighty £ shop spend! You're pretty good at room makeovers from what I remember so sure it will look fab. I want to re-do DS room as I don't like the flow of it. You've got me wondering what I can do with it now!
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
  • newgirly
    Options
    Go for it cath :)
  • newgirly
    Options
    Oh dear, ive just checked the accts and I've overspent a lot this month :eek: think it's all the xmas bits plus birthdays this month. I've got £91 left in total until the 28th and still have a friends daughters birthday present to buy.

I think the best bet is to see what I can make with what I have already, the cupboards are packed with casserole mixes , jars of chilli and ginger etc. but I'm not sure how much actual food. The freezer is an unknown quantity :o I found some parsnips frozen from leftovers last xmas dinner the other day (I did bin them!) I guess I'll have to have a proper look now.

To make a start I'm using the bread maker instead of going to the bakery around the corner.:D
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just think of it as a mini challenge. £6.50 a day, you can do it!
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
  • newgirly
    Options
    More like £4.84 a day now cath :D just under £10 at the farm shop for some enormous cabbages, cauliflowers, a sack of onions and a bag of huge baking potatoes. Plus £18 on a birthday present.

I've done something rather rash tonight, just bought two tickets on the credit card for dh for xmas to see fleetwood Mac next year :eek: not planned and I was going to not spend a lot on him this year as we have spent a lot on the kids. £185 :o now I need to work out how to cover it for the budget without affecting any debt repayments.

He does love them though and doesn't seem to know they are playing so he will be very excited :D

Confession over.
  • Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    A girl at work today bought tickets for her dad to see Fleetwood Mac. She was delighted with the purchase. It's not as if Fleetwood Mac are touring all the time - sometimes you have to take the opportunity when it arises.:)
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • newgirly
    Options
    Thanks for trying to make me feel better :)

Think I've covered the cost, there is an extra payment of child benefit before the end of the year as its paid 4 weekly , just enough to cover it.
    It all goes into one pot anyway so they won't all go hungry :p
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback