Eon renewals - dual tariff

Options
Hi

My renewal is due shortly. I'm currently on EON Go Online 1 Year v1, total cost £1,200.07. If I renew with EON onto v17 which they are proposing, it's projected to cost £18 more a year.

I cannot find a better value offer through another site. Can anyone recommend where I might look for a better deal? Even the MSE Cheap Energy site won't beat it.

Maybe I have a really good deal but keen for any input.

Thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    @simon_bay
    Are you sure that V17 is being offered today by E.ON?
    E.ON remove tariffs very quickly so you may have missed it especially if the offer was sent by post.
    MSE CEC only shows E.ON Go Online 1 Year v19 currently.

As for an alternative price comparison site, look at the Citizens Advice Bureau https://energycompare.citizensadvice.org.uk/
  • Uswitch are the same with the V19 tariff now their cheapest .
  • Scrounger
    Scrounger Posts: 1,007 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    EON Go Online v17 (& v18) were very competitive tariffs.

Costs are rising sharply so if you can still get v17 I wouldn't hesitate. :beer:

Scrounger
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Options
    simon_blay wrote: »
    Hi

My renewal is due shortly. I'm currently on EON Go Online 1 Year v1, total cost £1,200.07. If I renew with EON onto v17 which they are proposing, it's projected to cost £18 more a year.

I cannot find a better value offer through another site. Can anyone recommend where I might look for a better deal? Even the MSE Cheap Energy site won't beat it.

Maybe I have a really good deal but keen for any input.

Thanks

Hello simon_blay and just a quick heads up.

Go Online Fixed 1 Year version 17 isn't available for sale anymore. We withdrew it on 11 September 18.

Have we sent a renewal letter highlighting version 17 in the 'could you pay less' section? Tariffs highlighted in these renewals are available at the time the letters are written. We review our products all the time and, as gsmlnx says, often release/withdraw them relatively quickly. Sometimes the replacement will be more expensive, sometimes cheaper. It depends on the circumstances at the time.

I suspect this is what has happened here. Best to pop your details on the Price Comparison sites. These will list what's available both with us and with the other suppliers.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news simon_blay.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Options
    gsmlnx wrote: »
    @simon_bay
    Are you sure that V17 is being offered today by E.ON?
    E.ON remove tariffs very quickly so you may have missed it especially if the offer was sent by post.
    MSE CEC only shows E.ON Go Online 1 Year v19 currently.

As for an alternative price comparison site, look at the Citizens Advice Bureau https://energycompare.citizensadvice.org.uk/

You're right gsmlnx. As above, version 17 is no longer available. Currently we're up to version 19 of the Go Online range of tariffs.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • wavelets
    wavelets Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ... Best to pop your details on the Price Comparison sites. These will list what's available both with us and with the other suppliers.

OP - here's the full list of Ofgem accredited energy comparison sites

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=74326453&postcount=3690

Take your pick.
    HTH :)
    Options
    Scrounger wrote: »
    EON Go Online v17 (& v18) were very competitive tariffs.

Costs are rising sharply so if you can still get v17 I wouldn't hesitate. :beer:

Scrounger

Sorry Scrounger. As above, version 17 has been withdrawn from sale. Likewise, version 18. We're up to version 19 of the Go Online range of tariffs. Not sure how long this will stay on sale. Tariffs can be withdrawn very quickly with advisors like Helena and I not told until it's happened.

Malc
  • Scrounger
    Scrounger Posts: 1,007 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry Malc. I can't help thinking that if you offered simon blay v17 then that deal should be honoured. Clearly he thinks its still on the table.

Similarly your loyal E.on customers: Nana and Grahampee.

What's the use of making a recommendation that's no longer available when they receive it?

No wonder your customers are getting aggrieved. :rotfl:

Scrounger
  • takman
    takman Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sorry Malc. I can't help thinking that if you offered simon blay v17 then that deal should be honoured. Clearly he thinks its still on the table.

What's the use of making a recommendation that's no longer available when they receive it?

Scrounger

They do it because they have to according to ofgem rules. They have to show the cheapest tariff available at the time of producing the bills.
    Options

Scrounger

I know where you're coming from Scrounger. The 'could you pay less' message isn't an offer. It's a signpost to a particular tariff that could, provided a customer's circumstances haven't changed since we last spoke, save them money.

Tariffs in these messages are available when renewals are written. This doesn't mean it's the best thing for them. It's meant to highlight the need to do something. Totally appreciate, this isn't something a regular MSE user would need to be reminded of. The messages are aimed at our entire customer base, some of who aren't as actively engaged with their energy accounts.[FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    On renewals, savings are usually measured against our standard variable tariff - Energy Plan - as this will be what a customer goes on if they take no action before their deal ends. Renewals also make clear we may withdraw tariffs from sale at any time. Replacement tariffs can be more expensive or cheaper. The aim is to encourage customers to act. This includes looking at all our tariffs or changing supplier so they finish on the best deal for them.

As takman says, we've a regulatory obligation to present this information in a certain way. I agree, when tariffs are changing as often as of late, it can lead to frustrations.

Malc
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure