And so it begins: The Pig Vs The Mortgage

Comments

• pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Jeeeeeeze its cold (and wet and windy:eek:). Not even I was daft enough to venture out today!
    As a result of being confined to barracks I have a clean, tidy house, and organised fridge and freezer and a shopping list ready for Friday.

I've also had a bit of lazy time with the TV and later on a book and have given some thought to money matters. I'm going to have a bit of a gap in rent, have some costly repairs coming up and have had a bill for a service which a change in legislation has dictated which came today and was £100:eek:. My salary is fixed so I need to find other ways of generating some funds so I've got together some stuff for Musicmagpie (£38.62) which has also got rid of loads of books I'll never read again. The bookcase is now organised and tidy
    Tomorrow I'm going to stop putting it off and will list things on eBay - promise :p

I'm having coffee at a friend's tomorrow so I've dug a cake out of the freezer to take with me, I'll ice it in the morning when it's defrosted. This should mean another nsd which would make it 7 in a row:j. Friday will be spendy though as I'm out to lunch and I'll need to go food shopping.

Other successes have included;

Lo for lunch and dinner

Wood burner cleaned out and followed on line instructions on how to properly warm the flue so its no longer smoking and the downstairs is lovely and warm.

Dishwasher emptied and cleaned out and filters cleaned :eek:

Tried to do a weights class but no instructor turned up:mad: Not impressed having dragged myself out in that weather!

Tomorrow's to dos;

Ice cake and fill with lemon curd
    Photo and list at least 5 items on eBay
    Box up stuff for MM
    Bleach green, slimy patio
    Prune trees
    Clean downstairs windows
    Get some exercise
    Do March's meal plan whilst I'm off work and have some time
    Make marmalade

Can you tell the holiday part of the holiday is over:( I will however be having an interlude for coffee and cake with my lovely pal:)

Happy hump day to you!

PP xx
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • Sounds like you are going to be busy PP, don't wear yourself out though and undo all your hard fought relaxing.

The weather here has been hoffic too, no way do I want to go out in it.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • pinkypig
    Sounds like you are going to be busy PP, don't wear yourself out though and undo all your hard fought relaxing.

The weather here has been hoffic too, no way do I want to go out in it.

Still in bed drinking coffee Wish so no chance of exhausting myself yet:rotfl:

Glad your friend is home and that you're feeling brighter. These can feel like miserable months and no mistake. Roll on spring:)
  • pinkypig
    Still enjoying my relaxed, no rush mornings, probably a bit too much really:o. I will be in the shower by 8.15!

This morning I would like to;

Ice a cake
    Clean out stove and re-lay
    Make LF hummus

I'm out for coffee at 10 and then I think I'll do the food shop then its done. Aldi S6 a bit dull and pricey. Was hoping for good value fruit and root veg:(
    After that I'll play it by ear depending on the weather.

Happy Thursday :)

PP xx
  • That list of outside seems about 10wks too early for our house! We're still in partial hibernation mode!
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • That list of outside seems about 10wks too early for our house! We're still in partial hibernation mode!

So we're we until this morning where it's lovely and positively tropical compared to the weather we've had.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I like the online instructions for flue cleaning, thats showing initiative :)

Enjoy the time with your friend - I popped out for similar yesterday, a friend who visits my town for work, it was lovely.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • pinkypig
    That list of outside seems about 10wks too early for our house! We're still in partial hibernation mode!
    Did prove a little chilly for outside tasks Jimmy, I must be getting soft :rotfl:
    So we're we until this morning where it's lovely and positively tropical compared to the weather we've had.

Still b****y freezing here Wish:eek:
    Karmacat wrote: »
    I like the online instructions for flue cleaning, thats showing initiative :)

Enjoy the time with your friend - I popped out for similar yesterday, a friend who visits my town for work, it was lovely.

What did we ever do without the tinterweb?:)
    Coffee and catch up was lovely Karma :)
  • pinkypig
    When's spring coming? Its sooooooo cold:eek: Even wrapped up to capacity it was bitter outside today so I had to be content with one bit of pruning and cleaning the doggy slobber off the patio doors:p

Other than the temperature its been a good day. Coffee with my friend/colleague this morning was lovely as she's on maternity leave and I haven't half missed her. Her baby is also gorgeous and I got to have a nice, long cuddle:)

The rest of the day was just bits and bats of jobs really. The food shopping didn't get done but I did ;

Ice cake to take to friend's house
    Swept kitchen floor
    Cleaned out stove and re-layed it ready for lighting.
    Made hummus (need to check the recipe, think it might be dessert spoons not table spoons. Its lovely and lemony but a bit runny:o)
    Packed up stuff for MM
    Listed 11 :j:j things on eBay. The first one took blooming ages as I'd forgotten what to do but I did get quicker!
    Read gas and electric meters. Dread to think what my gas bill will be _pale_
    Visited mum and dad.
    Went to Asda for milk and hot chocolate and got a great haul of posh bread, posh cookies, pain au chocolat and danish pastries. DS is delighted:)
    Did spin class
    Paid bills for various things to do with rentals £132 :eek:
    Laundry done
    Eat lo for lunch and freezer dive for dinner so no cooking and freezer stocks are reducing:)

I've still no real money news but in addition to the bills I also had a £3.63 grocery spend and another £3 on a fleece throw that I'm going to use to line a curtain for the front door as the hall is always freezing and I'm sure the half glass door (even though it's double glazed) isn't helping. Lining the curtains over the patio doors made a huge difference so hopefully this will too.

Tomorrow I have the dentist and lunch with my best mates so it won't be a nsd but I've managed 6 in a row up until today which I'm chuffed with seeing as it's the hols:). I also need to;

Line door curtain and a couple of little sewing jobs
    Make the kids a roast dinner ( I promised:))
    Do the food shopping
    Pick up dog food
    Call into HB for cake tin liners and hair colour.
    Make some soup as all freezer soup stocks are gone!
    Make dhal for easy lunches next week
    Meal plan for March. I'm going to dig out some recipe books from my freshly tidied book case as I need inspiration.
    Go for a run.

I'm off to watch an episode of Silent Witness and then lights out by 10.30

Friday's in sight folks, onwards and upwards:):)

PP xx
  • pinkypig
    edited 16 February 2018 at 11:29PM
    Oh dear today has been so spendy:(

My trip to the dentist was for a check up and a scale and polish but they also repaired my broken tooth that wasn't bothering me but needed doing -£56:eek:

The food shop was a respectable £20.30 but there was also £3.35 in HB on pulses and toiletries and £5 in pound stretcher for 36 loo rolls. I also got a bargain in there though, large bags of Doritos for 10p so I got 4 for Mexican nights . I've hidden them from ds in the utility room:rotfl:

I'm afraid there was more:o. Lunch out with friends £5.95, £2 on hair colour and a mixing bowl and brushes, 49p on a Mother's Day card and then I sucumbed and had a little rootle in my favourite charity warehouse. The downside was £16 spent but I got some right bargains:j.

All the clothes are all £2 which is just brilliant as some cs are getting really expensive. They also have a fitting room which is great. They'd obviously just restocked as most of the labels were dated today and there was loads of choice. For the house I got a milk jug (broke the handle off mine), a coffee filter, cushion and lovely little Christmas dish shaped like a Holly leaf. Its so pretty:). The best haul however was clothes which I don't honestly need but I do quite like a wardrobe update:o. For the summer I got a really posh pair of white, wide legged Jaques Vert trousers ( never had lined trousers before - very exciting )and a light grey and white spotted sleeveless top to go with them, a Spotlight by warehouse evening dress (not black!), a monsoon jumper and a warehouse jumper and an Edinburgh Woollen Mill jacket/coat thing ( also not black - my wardrobe needs colour:)). All for £12:money: Just when I thought it couldn't get any better I spotted a slouchy leather hanbdbag (accesorize) with no price on so took it to the till. Very nice young chap clearly doesn't know his handbags - £1:j:j. So I've blown my personal spends budget (mainly down to the unnecessary but lovely swim wear early in the month :o) but it had to be done didn't it?!!

So personal spends are over by £14 but fuel is well under (none bought this week and tank 3/4 full) and grocery is on track so long as I avoid top ups. I now need to get some jobs done as I've been out gallivanting all day:p

Happy Friday to you :)

PP as
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback