HMRC Self Assessment Repayments 2016

Comments

• strong8096
    strong8096 Posts: 70 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 29 June 2016 at 12:51PM
    ahh, I'm chasing someones UTR and yet again today their systems all down in self assessment AGAIN

could try insisting it is escalated
  • Hodgkiss30
    Hodgkiss30 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Called yesterday. Been told it's not at security team again, it's now at the banking office. And payment will be issued and sorted by 25th July.. Not holding my breath tbh! Been nearly 3 months.
  • I have a credit on my SA account. Everytime I go in and request the repayment it shows me the payment request has been done and then 48hrs later my account is back in credit and it then lets me request the repayment again. I have done this 4 times now and it's not doing anything but the same thing every time. So basically the system doesnt work as it wont let me request my repayment. Has anyone else had this trouble and do you know why it keeps happening and what you should do.

Thanks
  • I have a credit on my SA account. Everytime I go in and request the repayment it shows me the payment request has been done and then 48hrs later my account is back in credit and it then lets me request the repayment again. I have done this 4 times now and it's not doing anything but the same thing every time. So basically the system doesnt work as it wont let me request my repayment. Has anyone else had this trouble and do you know why it keeps happening and what you should do.

Thanks

The second time this happened did it not occur to you to contact HMRC and ask them why the repayment request isn't being accepted? I guess there's some problem with your account which prevents the refund being sent to you - only way you'll sort it is by asking HMRC what's going on and giving them the chance to resolve. No one on MSE can do it :D
  • Should have explained better, been in touch with HMRC and their stand is its additional security check and can't tell you time frame and that I need to leave at least 4 weeks for repayment before I call. My point to them was I don't even know if the payment request has actually gone through as my account keeps getting credited. They couldn't give me an answer so was wondering if anyone else has had same issue and what outcome was? Have also messaged them, trying to get hold of SA on phone is currently a nightmare.
  • speedyrite
    speedyrite Posts: 141 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Same here Rosiefrodo12.

I think you just have to "leave it to cook" for up to 4 weeks and it should eventually get paid out.

On the request for repayment confirmation (that it recommends you print or save), it does say:

"HMRC aims to issue your repayment within 2 weeks. However to protect you against fraud HMRC has security measures in place which may cause a delay. Please allow up to 4 weeks before contacting HMRC about your request. Please note: Only submit your request for repayment once - this will allow HMRC to reply more quickly".

My £36 is in safe hands then, subject to full security scrutiny etc! I might start taking the same pre-payment security precautions next time I owe them. I'm sure they will be fully understanding about that... ;)
  • jj09
    jj09 Posts: 13 Forumite
    I had 50% of my return paid after return submitted April. Still waiting for the other as I have another (but full) security check !
  • I have now been waiting 5 1/2 weeks for my tax return. Apparently having security checks. Lots of questions !!
    1. How long have you all waited ?
    2. Has anyone had their refunds rejected/investigated
    3. Do they only make payments on a Friday ?
    4 Will payment show in pending payment on my bank page the night before...or is it an instant payment.
    5. Can do they pay on a Saturday ?
    6. Is there a another reason why it could be held up? Busy with updates ?
    7. what is the 5 day referral that I keep hearing people talk about !!

Getting so fed up with waiting now, I have written three very polite letters asking for the status of my refund, with reply to say it is having security check. Grrrr I'm literally checking for it 20 times a day.
  • Ginobland
    Ginobland Posts: 12 Forumite
    When is everyone doing there's for this year after the 5th?
  • mrskelly
    mrskelly Posts: 67 Forumite
    I will be submitting mine tomorrow, Hope it wont take as long as last year. Normally get mine paid back by the end of April last year was waiting till nearly end of May.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback