First Direct Current Account Switch Blagged Deal

Comments

• Thinking to stop using FD for a while, but pondering to keep it open just in case some other switching incentive comes up. But don't want to fund it with 1k every month anymore. Has anyone tried to have just 1GBP in a bonus savings account? was that enough to keep the FD account open and fee-free?
  • Hi, I am currently a first Direct bank account user, I have been with them for many years, I want to switch away and get the benefit from another account e.g. £200 and then after a period of time switch back to First Direct as I like them and then get the reward for switching back to them again. What is the timescale which I can do this in, 6 or 12 months?
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,205 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Drazik101 wrote: »
    Hi, I am currently a first Direct bank account user, I have been with them for many years, I want to switch away and get the benefit from another account e.g. £200 and then after a period of time switch back to First Direct as I like them and then get the reward for switching back to them again. What is the timescale which I can do this in, 6 or 12 months?

See my reply to the same question in your new thread
  • isasmurf
    isasmurf Posts: 1,999 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    As the offer to which this thread is for has long since expired is there any need for it to still be a sticky?
  • liamcov
    liamcov Posts: 615 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    During the application I selected I wanted to switch and inputted by current bank, but i've just discovered it doesn't require any DDs, is that correct?

If so I'd like to use my current bank to switch to M&S, can I change the one with FD seeing as they haven't opened anything yet?
  • what if you've had mortgages with fd before?
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,995 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    geebomeow wrote: »
    what if you've had mortgages with fd before?
    See post #165 above....
  • A little heads up if you have changed recently to FD and chose the £150 Expedia voucher as your reward. please double check everything before using it. I mis-booked by a day and lost it completly. There are no amendments allowed, even if you cancel the misbooked room and have incurred no cost to anyone, its tough luck. Gutted.

Just be aware.
  • Can anyone (maybe MSE Staff) confirm if this FD bank transfer offer is still valid?
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,995 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    codetown2 wrote: »
    Can anyone (maybe MSE Staff) confirm if this FD bank transfer offer is still valid?
    If you're referring to the offer in place nearly two years ago when this thread was started, then no, FD's cash incentive changed to a gift-based one a while ago now, which is listed alongside the current offers from their competitors at https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/banking/compare-best-bank-accounts/#bonus

As pointed out a few posts back by isasmurf, it does beg the question of why this thread is still pinned to the top of the board as a sticky though - it certainly won't be the first time that MSE appears to favour First Direct with undue prominence!

Admins: any reason why this is still a sticky?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure