Affiliate your website... official MoneySavingExpert.com discussion

191011121315»

Comments

• shoko
    shoko Posts: 3 Newbie
    never try more known programme like affiliaxe
  • Why you want to share other's affiliate link, start your own affiliate marketing. Don't worry, it is as simple as doing facebook. Read below-given tips and apply them to your affiliate marketing:
    • Choose Your Niche.
    • Generate Valuable Content.
    • Cross-Channel Promote.
    • Understand Your Legal Obligations.
    • Utilize Software Tools to Unlock Efficiency.

These 5 tips will help you to do better and earn money via affiliate marketing.
  • Hi all

I wondered if anyone could offer advice on Travel Affiliate Programs in the UK? Through my business I am sometimes required to book travel for clients, although this is not the main line of work. I want to make sure my clients are getting the best possible deal, which made me look into accessing travel agencies rates and how this was possible for home based travel agencies. This led me to travel affiliate programs, many of which offer a commission based on traffic/click throughs. My website is purely for reference rather than a site which would get a lot of visitors, so these aren’t of interest.

I am looking for anyone with experience of travel affiliate programs that can suggest the best programs for my needs. The three main things I would like from the program are;

1. Access to the most competitive rates/travel agents discounted prices.
    2. Commissions based on sales rather than traffic.
    3. Opportunity for FAM (familiarisation) trips or industry discounted travel for staff.

The two I believe are most suitable at the moment are Expedia and Travel Payouts. But I would really appreciate anyone’s help on this.

Thanks in advance for any help.
  • Hi guys I’m new to the forum just wanted to share my experiences and see if their was anyone in the same boat as me.

I decided to defer a year before going to University to get some experience working because I was sick on studying. Me being very naive thought it would all fun and laughs but after a few months I really hated the office job I had took on.

So in my spare time I started to look at how I could make money online.
    I’m a very skeptical person so I was very wary about trusting anything a lot of these people in Facebook Groups were saying.
    YouTube was my saviour I started watched videos about Affiliate Marketing and I fell in love with it straight away.
    It was no walk in the park, I see a lot of people just thinking you can make money with no sort of investment (money and knowledge) but after 3 months it’s starting to pay off! I’m making around £700 per month passive income which I plan to grow to more.
    My problem right now is time, because I am still working my full time job and trying to have a social life while doing this.

I was just wondering if their was anybody else in these forums have taken the same route or been researching on how to go about it?

Thanks
  • I heard about Affiliate Marketing and read about people making a lot of money with it, but I have never tried it
    Do you mind sharing what exactly you are doing to make that cash?
  • Kayalana99
    Kayalana99 Posts: 3,626 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Unf running your own business is all about balance and time, and you have to sacrifice something to gain something else in most cases.

Personally you seem like you have a good head on your shoulders, and I would consider what makes you more money per hour and consider either growing the business or sticking with the day job and re-focusing on designing the life you want.

In other words, find an income stream that doesn't take up as much time - or if as I say above you are finding it is taking less time, then focus more efforts on building it up.

One reasons I am learning to code / website develop is so I can work 'on the move' so I'm willing to put 60 + hour work weeks in if it gives me my end life desire of being able to travel and work from my laptop. You require a social life but still want a decent income? Then your main focus should be the 'per hour'

It's all about choices and where we focus our efforts.
    People don't know what they want until you show them.
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,300 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Merged with the long running affiliate marketing thread.
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • mrsyardbroom
    mrsyardbroom Posts: 1,946 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I've been affiliate marketing for several years and I've made a small but steady income. It's a bit extra on top of my pension. Recently though I've decided to up my game a bit. I spent five years caring for my disabled husband before he died last year. Now I have more time on my hands but I think I could do with a bit of help. I'm wondering if anyone has joined any kind of affiliate marketing training program like Wealthy Affiliate? I've looked at the reviews for this on Trust Pilot and they're very mixed. People who put the work in say it's worthwhile but others say it's a waste of money. I almost got snared by a setup called Six Figure Mentors but realised in time it was just another MLM scheme.
    Don't mess with pensioners. :cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport