IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Letter Before Claim

Hi All,

I suspect I know the answer to this, but it's worth a post...

I am new to a job position and have inherited an unresolved PCN situation to sort out regarding a vehicle we lease. I have received a Letter before Claim from Gladstones Solicitors and wonder what the best response is. Clearly the accumulation of PCN's have been ignored to generate this situation and it's a sizeable sum (£2800). I would be happy to post the letter on here, but I can't see how.

Many thanks for your comments.

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    AJW71 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I suspect I know the answer to this, but it's worth a post...

I am new to a job position and have inherited an unresolved PCN situation to sort out regarding a vehicle we lease. I have received a Letter before Claim from Gladstones Solicitors and wonder what the best response is. Clearly the accumulation of PCN's have been ignored to generate this situation and it's a sizeable sum (£2800). I would be happy to post the letter on here, but I can't see how.

Many thanks for your comments.

Tell us what you think the answer is please.

How can you inherit this ? Nobody can inherit a parking ticket
  • Apologies for the tardy reply, Christmas happened and I'd forgotten I'd posted.

The inherited PCN situation is of one for a vehicle leased to my organisation, not by an individual. I just happen to be the director now responsible for this van.

Nothing further has been received since my post.

The PCNs go back up to 2 years and for the most part look like they should have been challenged at the time but for whatever reason they weren't.

Since my post I've also noticed a duplication of PCNs on the letter, rendering the letter itself inaccurate overall.

Any thoughts gratefully received.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,639
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Odd that you've not received a court claim to the company yet. I would be replying, unless the letter you got was a 'fake' LBC from the debt collector using G's headed notepaper with their consent, just asking the company to pay DRPlus.

Are you able to tell where the events took place and whether the driver was 'on company business' or just shopping in their own time, or even that a partner of the employee could have been driving (clearly not on behalf of your company, if so).

Which parking firm?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure