IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Sorry NEWBIE stuck on POPLA appeal comments

Options
Hi there,
I promise I've been reading all the threads and I know I was advised to just ignore anything from APCOA from my appeal, however, I've been given a right to comment so would like some assistance.

My situation in a nutshell:

My car was parked in a railway station car park which got taken over by APCOA.

I regularly pay for parking using RingGo

I switched my car so had a different registration

I forgot to update my RingGo

I received 3 separate PCNs from APCOA for 3 consecutive dates, I received these some days later (after the car was there further times but no PCNS have been received for those)

I immediately purchased a new parking session with the changed reg on the Ringgo, and despite the T&Cs of that site, the rail company gave me a refund on the duplicate dates.

I put an appeal in to APCOA basically saying , I paid for parking but on a different reg.

I've received an opportunity to comment on the following via POPLA

All vehicles parked at this site must be parked within a valid and marked bay. Bays are marked with white or yellow lines. A valid permit must be displayed, or a valid purchase made at the ticket vending machines placed on site: allocated to the Vehicle Registration Mark (VRM). Where available, a pay by phone purchase allocated to the VRM as it appears on the vehicle, and the location of at which it is parked, can also be made as instructed. Rules of parking are sign posted upon entry to, throughout and along the routes of this car park. Parking Charge Notice issued by ANPR.

Should i mention in my comments the following:

There are two types of sign, one big one (which says nothing about VRMs) that shows the pay daily, weekly monthly fees and the fact you can pay by ringgo

The others are smaller, higher and also don't mention anything about VRMs but do mention the horrid PCN fees....

I would welcome any insights (and yes... I know I should have come here from the get go)

Thanks!

Comments

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If you didn't mention signage in your PoPLA appeal, you can't add it now.

If you did mention signage, then you show the sign that doesn't mention VRM/VRNs.

If byelaws apply then you have nothing to worry about as it will time out after 6 months, but you already know that I'm sure.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Fruitcake wrote: »
    If you didn't mention signage in your PoPLA appeal, you can't add it now.

If you did mention signage, then you show the sign that doesn't mention VRM/VRNs.

If byelaws apply then you have nothing to worry about as it will time out after 6 months, but you already know that I'm sure.

Thanks Fruitcake
    In their confirmation of my losing the appeal, POPLA state I identified as the driver, this in fact has never been the case, I’ve nevt stated who was driving, is this a problem?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,642 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ... is this a problem?
    Re-read Redx's comment on your earlier thread.
  • KeithP wrote: »
    Re-read Redx's comment on your earlier thread.

Thanks, I will continue not to identity the driver but POPLA seem to have assumed it was me on their own?
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 22 December 2018 at 11:15AM
    Options
    Popla are not known for common sense imo, or in fact always reading all the evidence.

If you paid for parking but entered a wrong VRN, many judges would be likely to treat this as a trifle,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_minimis

certainly not a breach of contract so damaging the PPC that they are entitled to £100 compensation. They might regard such a claim as a penalty or an unfair term in a consumer contract.

Let the PPC take you to court where, where unless the cave in, which they usually do, you can point out the botched PoPLA appeal and plead lack of keeper liability.

Also, raise the matter with your MP as advised in your other thread.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure