Barclaycard with blue rewards

Options
I have recently switched an account to Barclays to qualify for double blue rewards and one way to get rewards is to use the following barclay card:

"Platinum Barclaycard with Barclays Blue Rewards

Get £1 cashback every month you spend on your card for up to 24 months from opening your Barclaycard account."

However there are a number of Barclaycards that can be applied for and none that mention blue rewards, does anyone know which card I should apply for. I tried phoning the Barclaycard enquiry line but the lady who answered said I would have to enquire at a branch.

Comments

• CakeCrusader
    Options
    Blue reward is something they offer with a Barclays current account (for a fee), are you sure you've seen them with a Barclaycard?
  • EarthBoy
    EarthBoy Posts: 3,040 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The Blue Rewards Barclaycard does exist, but it's not on the Barclaycard website. I think you have to apply for it through the Blue Rewards section of online banking.
  • lucky77
    lucky77 Posts: 212 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I clicked on the link on the blue rewards page but it took me to the Barclaycard website where there is no card with that name. Perhaps the blue rewards are automatically attached to any platinum Barclaycard but it's not clear.
  • lucky77
    Options
    Blue reward is something they offer with a Barclays current account (for a fee), are you sure you've seen them with a Barclaycard?

This is from their blue rewards page

"Platinum Barclaycard with Barclays Blue Rewards

Get £1 cashback every month you spend on your card for up to 24 months from opening your Barclaycard account."
  • EarthBoy
    Options
    lucky77 wrote: »
    Perhaps the blue rewards are automatically attached to any platinum Barclaycard but it's not clear.

No, they're definitely not. That was made clear to me in branch when I went in to switch my account to Barclays. You have to apply for the card through Blue Rewards and you won't get them with any other Barclaycard. I did find the link in online banking a couple of weeks ago, although I didn't apply, but I can't find it at the moment, so I can't remember how I found it.

Ask them via online webchat in internet banking, or send them a secure message about it.
  • 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    Options
    What does 'up to' mean - do you get it for 24 months or not?
  • lucky77
    Options
    18cc wrote: »
    What does 'up to' mean - do you get it for 24 months or not?

From website:
    You will only receive cashback for up to 24 months from opening your Barclaycard account (the “Cashback Period”). If you are not already a Barclays Blue Rewards customer, you can join Barclays Blue Rewards at any time (subject to meeting the eligibility criteria) but if you join Barclays Blue Rewards after opening your Barclaycard account, this will affect how many months of cashback you qualify for. For example, if you do not join Barclays Blue Rewards until 8 months after opening your Barclaycard account, you will only receive cashback for the remaining 16 months of the Cashback Period.
  • lucky77
    Options
    EarthBoy wrote: »
    No, they're definitely not. That was made clear to me in branch when I went in to switch my account to Barclays. You have to apply for the card through Blue Rewards and you won't get them with any other Barclaycard. I did find the link in online banking a couple of weeks ago, although I didn't apply, but I can't find it at the moment, so I can't remember how I found it.

Ask them via online webchat in internet banking, or send them a secure message about it.

Thanks. Couldn't see webchat option so clicked secure message but need pinsentry card reader for that which I'm waiting for. Tried phoning Barclays helpline but after long wait the person I spoke to didn't know and put me through to Barclaycard. Following frustrating time with automated answer machine which assumed I had a barclaycard already I got through to a human who eventually told me there wasn't a card with that name so they didn't know the answer. Found webchat when clicked on Barclays complaint link but got no definite answer from that. Have already wasted too much time this morning so will follow up later if I can face it!
  • EarthBoy
    Options
    lucky77 wrote: »
    From website:
    You will only receive cashback for up to 24 months from opening your Barclaycard account (the “Cashback Period”). If you are not already a Barclays Blue Rewards customer, you can join Barclays Blue Rewards at any time (subject to meeting the eligibility criteria) but if you join Barclays Blue Rewards after opening your Barclaycard account, this will affect how many months of cashback you qualify for. For example, if you do not join Barclays Blue Rewards until 8 months after opening your Barclaycard account, you will only receive cashback for the remaining 16 months of the Cashback Period.

Interesting, -and puzzling. The branch told me it's a special card which you have to apply for through Blue Rewards, so obviously you'd need to have Blue Rewards set up before you apply. But in that case you'd always get the full 24 months cashback. If you can apply for a Barclaycard first and join Blue Rewards later, it suggests you can convert an ordinary Barclaycard to a Blue Rewards card.
  • Shakin_Steve
    Options
    £1 a month? Are you this isn't some kind of get-rich-quick scam?
    I came into this world with nothing and I've got most of it left.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure