IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

No PCN, No NTK

Options
Yolo84
Yolo84 Posts: 14 Forumite
edited 12 December 2018 at 7:00PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hi guys, I've been reading through the newbies thread but still a bit unsure. Back in November the driver parked in an armtrac services car park but didnt have change. The driver went to get some and on the drivers return 5 mins later, found a man taking photos of the car. He said you only get 3 minutes to get change. The keeper received a letter from TNC parking services today demanding £170 and threatening to send a Doorstop Collection Agent if the keeper does not act today. This letter is the first i have heard of it. A PCN wasnt given at the time and the keeper has never received anything in the post until now. Is the keeper right in thinking he should just ignore it and let Amtrac take him to small claims if need be?

Comments

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 4 July 2018 at 7:35PM
    Options
    Edit your post to remove information about who parked. Only ever refer to The Driver and The Keeper.

If you have never received anything except a debt crawler letter, then you can treat that as the NTK. Send the template from the NEWBIES to Armtrac but add a line that you consider the TNC letter as first contact/NTK.

Alternatively ignore everything as you yourself have suggested unless you get real court papers/LBC/MCOL
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    threatening to send a Doorstop Collection Agent
    Let them collect your doorstep! Yawn, this has been a laughable threat for years:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4882682&highlight=doorstep+collection+agent

That one was from 2014, but here are some newer links:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74443812&highlight=doorstep+collection+agent#post74443812

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5743927&highlight=doorstep+collection+agent

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=71917823&highlight=doorstep+collection+agent#post71917823

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=67423337&highlight=doorstep+collection+agent#post67423337

Am i right in thinking i should just ignore it and let Amtrac take me to small claims if need be?
    Yes! Like we tell everyone about debt collection stage:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5035663

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5864180
    I would've just paid the ticket if i had ever actually received one!
    NONONONO. No, you wouldn't be so daft. No.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Yolo84
    edited 4 July 2018 at 9:05PM
    Options
    Thank you Fruitcake and Coupon! You guys are legends!
  • Yolo84
    Options
    Hi, unfortunately back again. I sent the template with the bit added to armtrac straight after the last time i posted. I have today received a letter from bwlegal threatening to take me to County Court if they do not receive payment in 16 days. I take my next step is to send an email armtracs data protection officer and submit an SAR and inform bwlegal that i have done so? Thanks guys.
  • Yolo84
    Options
    Also i have not sent a complaint to landowner as i am unsure who the landowner is.
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    your first post infers that TNC wrote to you some 8 mths after the incident

did you ever contact the DVLA to check WHO and WHEN your info was asked for ?

I could also mention grace periods , but it seems that it would go over the head of the womble that issued the ticket
  • Yolo84
    Options
    Yes thats right, no I didnt contact the dvla just sent the template off. In my SAR should i still ask for the PDT machine record as i never bought a ticket?
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    well you can make it awkward for them if they do start court action , they can only hold YOU as the driver guilty if they have complied with POFa

if no ticket on car , get your info within 14 days , if ticket on car between day 29 and 56

you might s well , for the cost of an email to the DVLA , make their lives harder
    do that , and also see what they say about getting your info in the SAR , they may just tell porkie pies
  • Yolo84
    Options
    sorry im struggling to find an email address for the dvla, any help? I will email the sar to armtrac and email bwlegal to let them know and that i require restricttion of data processing, thanks for your help.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    sorry im struggling to find an email address for the dvla,
    DVLA SUBJECT ACCESS REQUESTS

You should email the DVLA and ask which organisations (and for what reason) accessed the registered keeper's data from them between a range of dates which includes the date(s) of the parking incident(s). You need to provide the registered keeper's full name and address, the address on the V5C logbook and the Vehicle Registration Mark of the vehicle involved in the parking incident.

SubjectAccess.Requests@dvla.gov.uk

Even though you email your request, the DVLA will respond via Royal Mail.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport