Aim to get mortgage down before increasing again

Options

Comments

• Jessy103
    Jessy103 Posts: 1,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Good luck for the weekend and hope it's all finished soon for you!
    Mortgage Balance as of Jan 24 £36,500 Starting Mortgage Balance (June 2019) £72,000. 2024 Overpayment Challenge: Jan £558.40, Feb £588.11, Mar £497.32
  • Schoolworker
    Options
    Roof trusses arrived on Friday but they are too short so need to get new ones i believe Tuesday. Tiler has been put off this Wednesday as roof may not be on to next week.

Spent lots of money yesterday on tiles and bathroom stuff. Also managed to look at lighting we may wish in bedrooms etc and we see if the kids like them yesterday before we buy them later in the week. Going to screwfix today to get an electric shower.

We have been advised that the build maybe finished mid November - this was before some delays so hopefully still done in November.

Emptying daughter's room and someone is coming to buy her big dolls house tonight.
  • Schoolworker
    Options
    Roof trusses arrived and are on the house with the sheeting. The roofers ha e started to replace the old house tiles and tomorrow will do the new part of the house.

Went to howden's and got a good deal on our kitchen. Trying to sort out when they can come out to check the sizes and check the kitchen layout is ok. Spent more money paying for the kitchen and several radiators as we wanted a tall fancy radiator for the new kitchen. It's coming together.

Son put too much toilet paper down the toilet yesterday so it was blocked and the water rising. By the time I walked to the kitchen to get a plugger to fix it. The water had flooded o. The floor. It was fixed and mopped up the water with old towels due to be washed. Son was very sorry about it but these things happen.

Kids are off school this week so we are going to get so hair cut in the morning and then going to a trampoline place in the afternoon where we will meet aunt and 3 nephews.
  • Schoolworker
    Options
    Things moving on fast as they believe it will be finished mid November. Main bathroom is not in use and being taken out today. Part of kitchen is being demolished next week so no cooker so they can put in side door. Can see it taking shape but the next week to 2)days are going to be stressful. Roll on Christmas where we may have the house more organised and maybe if lucky rooms switched round.
  • Schoolworker
    Options
    Head pickled with everything.

Electrician is at house doing work and did walk about for light switch and plug points.

Tonight is hubbie birthday dinner with family and friends. Got Dr who TARDIS cake and going to get balloons soon. It's officially his birthday on Tuesday when he is 40th. If family wish tocome back to house afterwards it's fine but chaos.

New ensuite is looking great it has shower cubicle and is tiles. Still to be kitted out but looks good.

Daughter is sharing room with brother and asked if she wishes back to her own room but a bit - lots of work done there. No. Staying with brother in the boxroom until new room is sorted.
  • Schoolworker
    Options
    Things are hectic - lots of boxes in living room and only got our packed out bedroom and sons box room to live in. We are without kitchen so got a few microwave meals sorted on plastic plates but getting there.

They are putting in the side door at the moment and kitchen fitter is due on Monday and they think he will be finished in a week the the guys are back to do finishings and the back garden.

Been advised that we should get the new plaster painted before putting up new radiators but painter not coming until December so we have to do a thin coat of paint so plumber can put on new radiators.

Got new boiler installed yesterday and need to try to figure how to use the remote control for heating as it's a dial - would have preferred buttons.

It's coming together but I keep on thinking how it will be all decorated and carpets etc. Fingers crossed we can get downstairs sorted for christmas and then deal with upstairs. Can't d en think about Christmas but will need to do this soon.
  • Schoolworker
    Options
    Well we sort of moved out of the house on Saturday with friends down the road. Was due to go back but think we will be staying the rest of the week. Go to the house at night to get new clothes for school and work.

The builder has lots of trades in today to get on with it this week and hopes to finish next week so talking with him. He wanted to know when our painter would be coming as they would come back to do doors etc but painter not coming until 4th Dec.

Trying to get an idea of flooring to try to match up the proper oak flooring in the lounge which we part carpeted when we moved in. We will be carpeting all of this but need the kitchen level to be the same as the lounge at the new doors.its a minefield but need to go to see what hubbie and me like - he likes to say his opinion.

Kids very happy with staying with friends and it's probably for the best. The friends are doing a garage conversion with our builder and he starts next week - the joys.

Ordered main present for son so it's a start.

Really missing my TV programmes which are recorded and not had a chance to view since not in the house at the moment.
  • Schoolworker
    Options
    Need to find out what order the painter is doing the painting so can maybe arrange for kitchen flooring and upstairs new bedrooms to be carpets and finger crossed the living room before Christmas. We will be discussing this soon.

Had a great night out at fireworks display on Saturday.

Back to busy work tomorrow - roll on Saturday as we are going out to dinner with friends we are staying with for hubbie birthday as they were not able to make to the last dinner.
  • Schoolworker
    Options
    Forgot to mention that went to the dentist and she investigated a tooth but had to get an extraction last Monday. Not able to get full tooth out so I'm being referred to a clinic for this. Mouth is still throbbing when not busy but stopped the painkillers.
  • Schoolworker
    Schoolworker Posts: 499 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 10 November 2017 at 2:45PM
    Options
    Still staying with friends but going to the house every morning to put off the alarm, leave the key for the builders and also at night to put this on and collect any clothes we all need for the next day. Builder keeping on saying he feels bad we have moved out but its for the best.

Kitchen is fully fitted and electrician, plumber and plasterer are due in today and monday to do their jobs. We have a snagging list to discuss with the builder. Kitchen fitter is coming back to fit the engineering wood floor which we have to buy this weekend and he will fit this but the previous house owners put down plywood before the flooring so we will have match this so the floor is level from one room to the room - it is fairly pricey but needs must and cant scrimp on this. Still got garden stuff to do as well so I think it will be few more weeks but time will tell.

Me and hubbie with friends had a discussion as we have to put in 3 steps from the new side door which were not on the drawings but need this due to the sloping back garden. I did not like the solution the builder and architect came up with. The architect has done another option and this has been forwarded to us and the builder - I really like this and will need to find out what the cost implications are for steps with a wee platform at the top.

Painter is scheduled to come 4th December so will need to see if I can organise for carpets maybe to be put down mid December prior to christmas. I am concerned that lots of trades are already fully booked up until christmas since folk do up their house this time of year.

Tonight going to veg a bit with a bottle of wine from the dusty cupboard shelf. Off out for dinner us 4 and the friends we are staying with a late birthday dinner - looking forward to this.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback