22 Foxhole East

Comments

• You are so productive and work so hard. I see no issues in you completing in this time scale. Money obviously is the only factor it's expensive decorating even if you do it yourself. Keep posting love reading your posts. It does make me feel quite lazy with what you pack into your day.
    2024 Decluttering 3273 ⭐️⭐️⭐️
  • I stand in admiration of you Fox, I have, this morning just sent a message to our odd job lady asking her about hanging doors, a job I'm sure you would tackle in a jiffy, but I am more your hubby's end of the practical ability continuum.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,861 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    I can take them off an d put them back on, but I can't reverse them.

This morning I have taken the kids to school, swung past Ald1 for teabags, can't afford Twinnigs tea this month (well I can, but I won't) so have cheapy 75p bags instead of £3 bags. Went to B&Q and got a big piece of particle board and chopped it to size and put it in the middle of DH's linen press so I can shove all his rucksacks into the top of it without them falling and blocking the drawers. It is not pretty, but it works for right now. And why does anyone need 9 rucksacks???? and three carry on sized suitcases?? The man is a hoarder! The menace. Anyway I can't see it now as it is all packed away behind the doors.

Posted on R4ted pe0ple for a plasterer to come quote. So there, the job is out there in the ether, they can come to me.

On today's list of fun and frolics (apart from the above) is making a lemon tart (from a packet and using up a pack of ginger biscuits the kids complained were too spicy) creme carmelle (from a packet- why not) luxury granola from cheapy muesli (extra dried fruit, nuts, a handful of desecrated coconut and some cinnamon plus a handful of sugar and 3 tablespoons of oil) and a cherry sponge just cos it makes me laugh. Pantry and fridge inventory, menu plans and the ceremonial cleaning out of the hamster cages (glamour!). Plus cleaning, hoovering and trying not to get into any more trouble than absolutely necessary.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • f0xh0les
    The ceremonial sawdust strewing did not happen today.
    Will have to be shunted onto tomorrow's list. Poor hamsters

Nobody has contacted me about my plastering job. Not even to arrange to look and quote.

Mysteriously I only have 2 creme carmelles left. Also, half the lemon tart evaporated. The curry was a definite success (spinach, chickpea, and coconut). The two smallest had pittas and hummus instead. It would have blown their heads off. The granola is LUSH. I no longer have almonds or packet mixes for puddings. But I do have a menu plan for the next TEN main meals and all breakfasts.

PiL are being pains in the a5trobar. Well did you ever!

They are threatening to fly over now, on an undisclosed date, for an undisclosed amount of time, and are angling to stay here ( the hotel is so far away ! - a 10 minute walk, less than a mile) If they cannot walk a mile maybe they should stay put until FiL is fully healed and fit as a flea again? This is not going to end well, and then tonight, DH is on the phone to them (they no longer speak to me) and asks if I have plans for the end of the half term holidays - my comment that I did have but I had to cancel our holiday to Wales did not get relayed.

Child Tax credit comes in on Friday Child benefit comes in on Monday, after Monday I am back on track budget-wise.

Will post this quickly before it disappears.....
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
  • I'm grrrrrring for you Fox, if the In laws won't speak to you on the phone, why on earth do they want to stay with you? (That's meant to be a comment on them, not you, but it's come across terribly wrong) maybe I should just give up now....
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • f0xh0les
    Why do they want to stay with me? Cos I am lovely innit?

So they can spy on me and complain about the kids getting up at 6am? To complain the kids make noise? To complain they play on computers, to not be able to complain about the food, which i bend over backwards to make sure 90% of what is on the table is suitable for mil. To complain the beds are too hard/soft/narrow and then the sofabed is too uncomfortable, and goes on and on and on about it.

She firmly believes family should make room for other family members and that it is an insult to be asked to stay in a hotel Basically she is only happy if I give up MY bed for her, honestly, no other bed will do. She is spoilt.

She wants to see HER son and HER grandchildren in HIS house. So she can brag..
    Basically she is a deluded nutjob.
  • f0xh0les
    I got a bite! A plastery type wants to come and quote. Will give me a ballpark figure.

That'll be nice.

No news on a date for the descent of the in-laws.

Stripping the Hall Stairs and Landing and filling holes. Very boring but was fun to see DH's horrified face when he wandered upstairs at bedtime.

Made pasties this morning for lunchboxes. Cooling in the kitchen right now.

Hamster palaces will be cleaned out as soon as I get home - DS3 has a dental appt this morning, and I have 2 parents evening appts after school. DS2 has ANOTHER hour detention after school tonight ( still no further into what is going on in his head - it mostly seems to be for chatting in class and forgetting his ruler but behaviour points add up)

Had a text to say the blinds have been made and will be delivered in the next 48 hours. Bet I will be out!
    Got passport photos done for DS2 and 4. Went into the school office and asked if anyone at school could sign my countersignature bit, the Head was in the office and said No,her passport had expired, I was not asking HER I was asking if ANYONE in the building was able to do it. She suggested someone's Dad on the playground who might do it, that I don't know! DH does everyone else's but he can't do his own kids!! Anyway, one of the Mums on the playground (who really doesn't now me from Adam, and def not my name) is sorting it for me for which I am grateful. Honestly!! It is only renewing a kid's passport photo, not changing his name, and it is all linked to mine and DH's passports anyway. It is rather ridiculous, but then if we did not move as often as we do, it would not be a problem. Luckily we have been here for 2 years and 3 months, otherwise I would be properly scuppered .

Anyway, on with the day.....
  • f0xh0les
    I have been busy. All the holes in my room have now been filled. Will need a little sanding but if I buy a paint for ‘naughty’walls I may be ok. The only way to find out is to try it. Fingers crossed.

DS 2 is being a complete sw1ne. He is horrid. The language that comes out of that boy’s mouth is vile. Then when you call him on it, he shouts ‘child abuse.!’ Taking away his computer game is child abuse, sending him to his room is child abuse, not making him his favorite food is child abuse. He is stealing his brothers’ things and hurting them. I feel more like a referee than a mum right now. Boarding school is looking good right now. Hoping he catches himself on soon. There are consequences to his actions, he just has to link his actions to the resulting consequences, but he just does not seem to care.

I have put up the two blackout blinds on the top floor,so the only jobs left on the top floor are fixing the plaster around 2 velux and filling a few hole on the stairs before decorating and carpetting. Which I cannot yet afford.

My bedroom ceiling needs attention but not at £600 for reboarding and skim(!) so will fill, sand and paint and see if I can make it look ok-for-now. That will allow me to redecorate and put up the blinds that came yesterday. Then it will only need carpetting. Which I cannot yet afford.

DH is working on a Saturday doing an open day lecture. So he is not around until Sunday. Probably for the best really, as DS2 is being so rotten.

I feel really poor this month.
    My bank balance went down with the double glazing, then the shock of a £3k plastering quote made me feel poor (must get more quotes), then £100 for 2 kids passports needing renewing, and £150 on blinds, and £80 on school swimming lessons and after school clubs and next year’s residential trip for DS3. Then DS1s birthday and sticking £200 in to DH’s bank account (that he has not mentioned) It is all adding up, and although I am able to pay for it all, and still have a positive bank balance , just the fear that something may pop up and trip me up is terrifying. Will have to pay dentist this week too. October seems to be very long this year. Payday is not for another 11days.

Will spend on paint and start on the woodwork when the kids go back to school. White paint makes rooms look much bigger than brown varnish.
  • f0xh0les
    The in-laws rang on the Thursday before half term to say they were not coming.

They have given a date in February instead.
  • f0xh0les
    £20 l0ve2sh0p voucher came through the door this morning.

Have put it aside for Xmas.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure