Which Monitor

I have just had a Solar system installed and need a Wife friendly display to show her the best times to use our free energy.

I hope the online monitoring of the inverter would be able to do it, unfortunately whilst its great for specs and historical, its real time function isn't actually real time.
Shame as its on inverter display is amazing.

Can anyone recommend anything ?

Thanks
4.6kWp PV Comprising 16 x Jinko Solar Maxim Optimised 290W panels SSE Facing, Solis Hybrid Inverter and 7.2 kWh Pylontech batteries. Gloucestershire.

Comments

• theboylard
    theboylard Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Ive got a wattson solar plus and an Optiplug (somewhere!) that I don't use anymore - a big bright visual display which uses light as well as numbers to show what the house is doing import/export wise.

Make me an offer and you can have it before Christmas :)
    4kWp, SSE, SolarEdge P300 optimisers & SE3500 Inverter, in occasionally sunny Corby, Northants.
    Now with added Sunsynk 5kw hybrid ecco inverter & 15kWh Fogstar batteries. Oh Octopus Energy too.
  • JKenH
    JKenH Posts: 4,792 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 14 December 2018 at 3:18PM
    mre15 wrote: »
    I have just had a Solar system installed and need a Wife friendly display to show her the best times to use our free energy.

I hope the online monitoring of the inverter would be able to do it, unfortunately whilst its great for specs and historical, its real time function isn't actually real time.

Thanks
    :rotfl: :rotfl:

Divorce her and get a nerdy bloke to move in with you - plenty of us on this forum.

You can’t haven’t been (and won’t be) married very long if you think you can show your wife the best way to do anything.

When I suggested to my wife there might be more appropriate times to do the washing (like in the summer) she suggested I might like to do it instead.
    Northern Lincolnshire. 7.8 kWp system, (4.2 kw west facing panels , 3.6 kw east facing), Solis inverters, Solar IBoost water heater, Mitsubishi SRK35ZS-S and SRK20ZS-S Wall Mounted Inverter Heat Pumps, ex Nissan Leaf owner)
  • The_Green_Hornet
    The_Green_Hornet Posts: 1,429 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 14 December 2018 at 4:39PM
    mre15 wrote: »

Thanks
    I have an Eco Eye Smart PV monitor which is connected to Energy Hive for internet access.

There is also Glow Solar which I believe does something similar.
  • mre15
    mre15 Posts: 85 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Thanks for your replies, I did have a laugh at the comments by JKenH.

Can you give me an idea of how much you would want for the wattson please.

I will continue to look around for something visually pleasing. I quite like the look of the GEO monitors at the moment.
    4.6kWp PV Comprising 16 x Jinko Solar Maxim Optimised 290W panels SSE Facing, Solis Hybrid Inverter and 7.2 kWh Pylontech batteries. Gloucestershire.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure