Advice on how to clear debt

I am hoping this is in the correct place, apologies if not.

My current outstanding debt is: £7600 on a Hitachi loan at 7.8% APR until Jan 2020. I pay £585 a month toward this. £7448 on halifax credit card at 0% until Jan 2020. At the moment I am struggling to make decent dent in my credit card debt . I earn £1590 a month and my outgoings add up to £452 (not including debt repayments).
MBNA have offered me a money transfer offer at 3% fee for 0% until December 2020. I was wondering is it worth doing this to pay off the loan. I worked out if i paid £325 a month i would have the loan cleared by December 2020. Then if i pay £413 per month until Jan 2020 off my Halifax card these would be cleared.

I would not be using credit cards for purchases at all and i would cut the cards up to just pay off.

Do you think this is a better option? or would i be better off just keeping on with the loan and trying to pay what i can off the credit cards then when the loan finishes i can use the spare £585 to pay off cards?

any advice appreciated!

Comments

• Why are you trying to make a dent in your credit card debt if it is at 0%? Pay the minimum on your cc and overpay on your loan.

Good idea to fill out a statement of affairs and we can try and help you make some savings/cutbacks etc http://www.stoozing.com/calculator/soa.php
    "Everything comes to him who hustles while he waits" Thomas Edison
    Following the Martin mantra "Earn more, have less debt, improve credit worthiness" :money:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure