Amazon Fire Stick Downloads

I have recently purchased an Amazon Fire Stick .I now wish to download onto it a couple of Apps, one being Kodi. Can I do this through my Acer Aspire PC or does it have to be completed on the television, where I am using my Fire Stick. It is all very new to me so any advise will be very much appreciated..Thanks

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Kodi via PC download then add to Firestick
    Kodi is a media player that has no content at all .
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,849 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    The simplest method is direct to the Firestick. https://troypoint.com/how-to-install-kodi-on-fire-tv/
  • BH246
    BH246 Posts: 68 Forumite
    Do you put the Amazon Fire Stick into a USB point on my PC and then download then put it back into the TV.
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    BH246 wrote: »
    Do you put the Amazon Fire Stick into a USB point on my PC and then download then put it back into the TV.

Considering the Firestick doesn't have a USB port but only a HDMI port, if you force it into a USB port neither it nor the port you force it into will ever work again.

It can only be done wirelessly, see the instructions above.
  • I can understand BH247's reluctance in using the key board with the the Amazon Fire Stick on the key board for the television. I am a pensioner and found it very slow as I do not have nimble fingers . I wass not used to texting etc in my earlier life. I certainly find it easier using the full sized keyboard on my PC. However I did manage with some difficulties to download the Kodi onto my Fire stick with the HDMI connection. It did take me about 90 minutes, as I kept making mistakes. But having completed the download I have found it to have all been worthwhile. It certainly cannot do any harm and is worth the effort. If any one knows of an alternative method of downloading Kodi onto your Fires Stick I am sure they will post it on this forum. good luck
  • Easiest way I found was download kodi (or anything else like mobdro etc) on a mobile then just send to firestick using the apps2fire app...
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    I've done other apps that way - can't remember if I did Kodi that way on mine. (Did mine over a year ago when I got my stick in last year's Black Friday sale).
  • there is an app in the amazon store called down loader .
    https://www.firesticktricks.com/sideload-apps-on-firestick.html.

works well
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I can understand BH247's reluctance in using the key board with the the Amazon Fire Stick on the key board for the television. I am a pensioner and found it very slow as I do not have nimble fingers . I wass not used to texting etc in my earlier life. I certainly find it easier using the full sized keyboard on my PC. However I did manage with some difficulties to download the Kodi onto my Fire stick with the HDMI connection. It did take me about 90 minutes, as I kept making mistakes. But having completed the download I have found it to have all been worthwhile. It certainly cannot do any harm and is worth the effort. If any one knows of an alternative method of downloading Kodi onto your Fires Stick I am sure they will post it on this forum. good luck

You mean BH246 not BH247 ?
    I dont believe that poster showed reluctance in using a keyboard.

Do you have a young member of your family who could help you ?
  • Molerat is right check out Troy point.
    "Imagination is more Important than knowledge"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport