PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Friday 14th December 2018

nmlc
nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 14 December 2018 at 7:39AM in Old style MoneySaving
O/S Daily Friday 14th December 2018

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Still pitch black here, cold but not raining.

DH up and gone to work stupid early, DS1 now getting ready for work and DS2 still in his pit, I'll wake him shortly as he'll be coming to help me with the food shopping, then going from there to the gym.

Dinner last night was roasted chicken portions, mash, LO cauli/broc cheese, LO yorkshires, carrots and gravy, ice cream for dessert for those that wanted some. Tonight I'm not sure but nothing to complicated as I'm planning another busy day.

Yesterday I finally got stuck in and wrote a list - most of which did get completed, I did feel like I just didn't really stop all day, but achieved lots and now not in such a panic about Christmas being next week and me not being remotely ready, everyone except my bro and sis's and their partners have a gift, my bro and sis's I'll be sorting today. My boys have a few small gifts to open but I'll be having another good look today to see if I can find anything else for them. I stripped and re-made our bed, the stripped bed linen is now washed, dried, folded and back in the airing cupboard, floors got a hoover, visited butcher to order a large pork pie to collect with my fresh meat on xmas eve, ordered my parents gift online, emailed my sis about dates to take my mum and dad. Also had nail appointment and nails look gorgeous as always.

In not such good news family member who is poorly is still poorly and they're waiting results of tests - personally don't like the sound of it all and fearing that this isn't going to be good.

I have a good sized "to do" list again today that I need to work my through - there's not so much as on yesterdays' so I do need to get going with it though.
I need to write some cards and wrap some gifts as none of that has been done either!

Keep safe and well x

nmlc
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Comments

• Morning folks and thanks NMLC. Brr a frosty one this morning with my phone showing -2 deg. Too dark to see the outside thermometer.

Flying visit from me. 3 DGDs to rouse up shortly and sort out for school. Middle DGD only has a half day as she has a matinee performance this afternoon. Youngest has given her place up this afternoon to a swing (understudy) as they like them to have a chance at live panto now and then. I think she is glad of a rest actually as, for her first time, she has found it a bit tiring. And there is a long way to go yet, panto runs towards the end of January!

I have the joys of a Friday Tidy once they are away to school and I also need to listen out for my M & S delivery of the hampers I ordered.

Have a good day folks and ((HUGS)) as always for the poorlies, sad, worried or lonely. Take care all xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Morning :)

On 5 am wake up now which is ok compared to what many are coping with. Hopefully you all had a better sleep theres nothing worse.

Ended up doing quite a bit of work yesterday and picking up a lunch meeting next week with customer who used to use me a lot for training his team. Hopefully there will be some plans for next year and if nothing else he is paying for a posh lunch :D

Start of a busy weekend now. Today is lunch out first then something but not sure what with some friends this evening. thinking a takeaway as its supposed to be the busiest night out of the year with lots of work dos and drunk Christmas parties....I am clearly getting old as that is my kind of hell.

Picking up mine and mums christmas cake today from my talented cake mate so will be indulging in that with some crumbly Lancashire cheese later :)

Have a good Friday everyone
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]christmas-music-zpse1961ec4.jpg[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Deck the halls with boughs of holly
    Fa la la la la, la la la la
    Tis the season to be jolly
    Fa la la la la, la la la la

Don we now our gay apparel
    Fa la la, la la la, la la la
    Troll the ancient Yule tide carol
    Fa la la la la, la la la laaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
    :xmassmile
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Morning :santa2: [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Organza_Lace We share in this house too – I use miss tru's Netflix and she uses my Amazon Prime :D[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Very frosty this morning, looks lovely (from what I can see from the street lights anyway, lol). I'm very cold, even though I've turned the heating up. I've felt cold since lunchtime yesterday, my feet are like ice. I'll have to wrap up to go for a walk, Scamp will need his coat too.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I've got some work to do, shouldn't take longer than an hour. I need to de-fur the carpets, I give the Dyson one day off and the carpets turn white :D Pizza for lunch, then I'm going to turn all the fairy lights on and crochet while watching a Christmas film :D[/FONT]

:rudolf:
    Bulletproof
  • bellabella
    bellabella Posts: 1,218 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Morning all
    Brr its cold but no frost this morning . Dolly has been walked and is snuggled up in her blanket .DD2 is sleeping i hope she seems very run down she is doing lots of bank shifts as she wants to get a mortgage next year so not much turn around time between nights and days I am worried about her but not sure what to do except pamper her so today she has a pedicure and a facial booked in while i get my nails done
    Yesterdays trip to Bluewater was quite successful but we got caught in a 9 mile queue back through the tunnel still a few bits to get and then to sort out visiting dates with peeps.
    Poppy Hugs to you
    Candy glad your mum is back in the driving seat and she wasn't hurt
    OL come to me for xmas no arguing and no tv just big dinner and cheese board with biscuits in the evening lots of board games as well on the downside mother will be announcing what she wants to do as it may be her last xmas :eek:(she has said this for the last 10 years) she also brings her pinky to help with the dinner but manages to forget her veg peeler every year she can't use either of mine .
    Right onwards n upwards Have a great day whatever you are up to xx
    Slava Ukraini
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Morning all

Day off today and Monday to use us my holiday I was so looking forward to a lay in but my body clock has had me away since 5 this morning :( never mind its not as bad as some of you.

Going to nip to a couple of shops this morning I need to have a look round the range and I want to nip into John Lewis mainly for a look at the Christmas stuff, I love that shop. Need a few bits of food too so will get that done today as well.

Cleaner should be here today so will wait and see of she turns up, she has not said she isn't so will wait and see.

Poppy sending hugs to you xx

Have good days all xx
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,629 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Morning all,

Gosh it’s dark this morning, guess it’s only a week now until the winter solstice.
    I was fairly productive yesterday including writing my cards so they will all go in the post today, need to change the bedding & towels then this afternoon I have a lesson on Lu so it will be interesting to see how my knee holds up to that.
    Sorry to hear about the pneumonia Polly look after yourself.
    Thank you for the song TRU

Have a good day folks x
  • Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one. Up to go to Aldi, but its very frosty, so a bit undecided as to when to go. Its our over 60's lunch, so have to go this morning or not at all. According to the thermometer its still freezing.........after what happened in January, I might go out through Long Clawson, its a bus route so they grit it. A long way round for a short cut.

I went to my meeting yesterday, it was very interesting. I have to say, if you made a will more than 10 years ago, you need to get it looked at, there have been 5 changes in the last 10 years which affect inheritance tax and also paying for care. Its 18 years since we made ours, so I guess they are going to need looking at.

We then went to Sainsbury for lunch........I was crackered when we got back, actually fell asleep for about an hour on the settee.

No supper again tonight, will not need anything to eat until quite late, if at all.
  • Morning all

Thanks for the thread nmlc and hugs to all those in need.

Thanks for the carol Tru

I helped at DGD's nursery fair yesterday there were only a few stalls, books, tombola, raffle, name the dog, guess the weight of the cake and Decorate a Gingerbread Man, guess which one I got, I was very sticky by the end. I think I drew the short straw, but I had a lovely time. Some of the kids were eating the icing straight from the tube, some were eating the marshmallows instead of sticking them on the Gingerbread men. I thought it was so funny.

Can I ask an idiot question, am I correct in assuming that I'd need internet access to use Netflix? Living on a boat means our wifi is very limited and very expensive.

On the house front, it went on the market last Friday for £285k, there were two viewings on the Saturday, one offered £270k, which I refused, there is another viewing today and 3 on Saturday. the first viewer is pressurising me to accept his offer before the next viewings but he isn't offering enough. In my area my house is cheap at £285, it's 3 bed EOT with en-suite, study and reasonable garden.

My tenant is kicking off because her dog isn't very well, she wants me to take the house off the market until the dog is better. I'm more concerned about my husbands mental health after his stroke. I need to push on with his dream of staying on the boat and I need him out of where he works before he has another stroke.

Have a good day everyone
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • Aaargh, I've just lost another long post, don't know why I keep doing this!!

I'll post later, at the minute I feel like throwing my laptop in the bin!

Take care folks, sorry you're not well Poppy
  • Morning everyone,

I got home yesterday to make Hungarian goulash but when I took the beef out the fridge it had gone grey, despite it being in date. It didn't smell to clever so I binned in and opted for bacon and eggs instead. Not ideal but the fridge is bare.

I think I'm coming down with the flu. Terrible nights sleep and after I eventually fell asleep, I've woken to my full body in pain; neck, shoulders, chest, arms and wrists. Those are my only symptoms for now but I suspect I'll soon deteriorate. Plus, it's date night tonight! So I'm going to load up on medicine and try to power through.

No confirmation yet on if my mate is coming down this weekend. His fiance suffers from some sort of mental illness where she is over protective of their son, to the extent that nobody else can pick him up and he can't leave her sight - anywhere, at any time. It's such a shame because she doesn't mean it of course, but the little un's grandparents have only held him once or twice in the last couple of years. Such a shame.

Right. I must get on and fight this flu or whatever it is.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure