Boots Sale

Options

Comments

• AprilR
    AprilR Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Also the market trader was there, they had max six items per person, so he had like five people with him to get loads. That’s just insane.
  • Africat
    Africat Posts: 1,078 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Went to my local medium sized store, didn't hold out much hope as didn't seem much left compared to previous years so I got there mega early ready for it! Well, needn't have done so; they had plenty of stock out the back as usual and had about 5 big cage things on the shop floor full of a mix of things so got some good stuff!

People putting stuff in their baskets like pick 'n' mix, staff couldn't get the stuff out quick enough; when a cage of soap and glory advent calendars & sanctuary home fragrance sets came out a man was guarding it going through it passing stuff over to his Wife!

Got home and nipped to my other out of town medium sized store and picked up a few bits; it was like the calm after the storm in there, pretty much empty everyone had been and gone and wiped the shelves clean, all barr a few oddments and a load of Fabletics sets and the Zoella advent calendars
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • sampan26
    sampan26 Posts: 643 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    It was really civilised in my local. I was there at 8am, for store opening at 8.30am, and there was only a small queue, up until 8.25am.
    Everyone chatting excitedly, and recognising a few from the previous years. Chatted about what we all wanted, and how much the Boots sale changed, and who is on here talking too! :)

Got in at 8.30am, to the end isle where no one was, got lots that I wanted, plus more besides;

1 x Jack Wills body wash tin £3.75
    1 x Ted Baker Lip& nail star Gift £15
    1 x S&G glow all out £7.50
    1 x Jack Wills sleep tee £7.50
    1 x Jack Wills Crackers £4.80
    1 x Jack Wills manicure set - girls nail polish £4.80
    1 x S&G Glow all day pallet £4.20
    3 x Zoella joetters £4.20
    1 x S&G contour £4.20
    1 x Jack Wills Coin purse + lip £3.75
    1 x No7 lip gloss duo £3.75
    1 x Jack Wills Grooming kit £3.75
    1 x Bayliss & Harding mens £3 - sick of my bro nicking my shower sets!!
    1 x Zoella weekly palnner £3
    1 x Sanctuary shower triangle £2.55
    1 x jack Wills shower pods mens £1.80

All spent with points £85.57, should have been £286.57!

Really nice experience once again, so worth going, and falling over on the black ice this morning !!
  • Happy_Kitties
    Options
    Well as I was in town anyway I decided to wander up to my little Boots at 10.30 as I know a couple of the assistants to see how it went at 9am. I was shocked at the amount that was left, they were restocking shelves and still had stock in storage. Actually picked up a couple of bits even though I didn't go with a bag or vouchers but my DD had been up to her usual tricks and my card was pre loaded fortunately:T
    Even picked up a couple of Zoella sets brilliant for birthdays. Wouldnt pay full price but with 70% off they were within budget:j.

The bad bit was one of my friend assistants was saying that at 9am people actually had their faces pressed up to the glass, when the doors were opened there was a stampede and one of the sales assistans nearly got pushed over:eek:. She was still shaken at 10.30am, said that they hate the event it is so stressful with people loaded up with stupid amounts of stuff:(.
    Interesting morning that I didn't expect
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Sounds like I had a lucky escape this time! I have been recovering from a virus and felt I hadn't the energy to face it, even though our store is usually quite civilised despite being busy. Got a text from a friend who has been and OMG I was glad I didn't go. It was over-run with gangs of ignorant yobs scooping up as much S & G stuff as they could before sweeping the shelves clear of anything and everything, without even looking at it. She left in disgust telling herself never again. Gone are the days when it was fun.
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • doctordonna
    Options
    Having said I wouldn't be attending I couldn't resist! As there wasn't much I really wanted to get I decided to avoid the opening scrum and arrived at the Reading Broad Street store at about 8.45 (they open at 8). There was still loads of stuff and - the best bit - hardly anyone in the aisles so the browsing was comfortable. I got what I wanted there, which was Zoella stuff for my niece. I know, I know, its expensive tat really but she likes it and - as happykitties said earlier - at 70% its just about worth it. Didn't have to wait too long to pay either. The reason it was quiet was that the Oracle store opens at 9 and obviously has the bigger selection so the hardy shoppers had legged it over there. As did I...

Again, it wasn't as bad as I had feared. It was busy but not a crush and people were being very polite and apologising if they bumped into you. It was about 9.20 when I got there, so maybe the 'grabbit and sit in a corner sorting it out' people had been and gone but it seemed more civilized and friendly this time. Fairly long queues to pay but as I only bought a couple of things and used the self service tills. I only used points to pay so made it even better!
  • catswiththumbs
    Options
    When I arrived at Dragonville, Durham at 8.50 there were about a dozen people in the queue. Doors opened at 9 and everyone hurriedly picked up baskets/bags on the way to "sale corner". There were a lot of S&G sets left so people had at armfuls of them - I didn't bother as I still have some stuff left from last year's set. There wasn't any Sanctuary or Champneys or Ted Baker stuff this year. I was after Jack Wills Body Spray Trio so I managed to get a few of those. There were a lot of Jack Wills Back Packs & the Jack Wills Holdalls but no-one was making a grab for them! Met a familiar face from last year so this year we remembered to swap phone numbers so we can keep in touch for next year. My 6 items would have cost £40 in the pre-Christmas 342 offers, £30 in the 50% off sale but today cost £18. Result!!!

See you all next year ladies - love the thrill of the chase even when there isn't much I want. Next year however the star gifts might be better shapes/sizes and in containers you can keep using for storage and I might be after Sanctuary and S&G again. Who knows???
  • jemclajess
    Options
    :j :j Glad everyone has got on pretty well. I got to my local boots 20 minutes before opening and only 6 or 7 other people waiting 😮. We had a good chat going between us, all very calm. When the shop opened and the shutters came up there were about another 30 people joined us and the shop assistant pulling up the shutters was saying ‘right - are you ready, iof you go’ there was no pushing or shoving, everyone very civilised 😊 One family had taken their husband/Dad who was guarding the baskets while his wife and daughter shopped (note to self bring a guard next year 😋). Best bargains were a Mark Hill bag with hairspray etc in and 2 soap and glory maintenance bags (a wash bag style with minis in) which had lost there cardboard wrapper so no price/barcode on so the shop assistant put them through as £2 each 😮😜😊. Not much left when I left at 10.30am.
  • msgigglewick
    Options
    Spent 62.10 saved 253.90 (£316 worth of items) after points and codes. There is no way i would have paid full price for any of it though!

Won't be going to the big store in future on sale day, the civilised ladies outside became ghetto members once the doors opened lol seriously no need to lose manners or block aisles off.. its only a few smellies after all. I then strolled to our town one and got a much better haul.. and thats with the store being open for an hour and a half too. Was only 2 items the same in each store though so did get different stock on sale.

Hardly any ted baker, sanctuary or champney sets in either of our store either. On the plus side it was the 1st year my 19yr old went and she had a blast lol. she was so chuffed with her haul and managing to be one of the 1st ones in the town store too lol - i've bred another sale shopper! go me lol
    Totally debt free wohooo 2014
    Christmas 2014
    Presents bought **** rrp **** Saved ****
    *SAVE*SAVE*SAVE*
  • cagsd
    cagsd Posts: 7,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    I went to Speke this morning at about five past nine - it was absolute mayhem, although to be fair to the other shoppers, there was no deliberate pushing or bad behaviour but the sheer number of people there made it very uncomfortable. You couldn't see what was on the shelves, and couldn't move up and down the aisles.
    I only wanted two things - the two big Soap and Glory sets (bath one and makeup one) - both for myself, as I'm sure my extended family are heartily sick of Boots sets after years of them. I got the bath set, there were hundreds of them both on the shelves and stacked up on a pallet next to the entrance. Unfortunately I must have missed out on the makeup set. I did see two people with them in their trolleys so there must have been one or two to begin with, but never mind, I'll live without it.
    I just long for the days like 10 or so years ago when hardly anyone knew about it and it was all very pleasant and civilised! I used to look forward to going, but it's just not a nice experience any more :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure