Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally

Options

Comments

• Willowtree222
    Options
    Look forward to hearing about your Saturday ramble!.

I keep losing track of what days it is.

You must have needed the sleep for you to sleep through it x
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Enjoy your ramble HHOD. You will shift those extra pounds in no time xx
    Mummytogirls x

• elizabethhull
    Options

It's our first debt free Christmas :D

That must be a wonderful feeling, and you can look forward to an equally debt-free 2018. Wishing you, posters and lurkers, all good things for 2018 !
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Nicnak wrote: »
    Look forward to hearing about your Saturday ramble!.

I keep losing track of what days it is.

You must have needed the sleep for you to sleep through it x

Thanks Nicnak I'm a bit confused too :)
    Enjoy your ramble HHOD. You will shift those extra pounds in no time xx

Thanks MTG :). I just did 10,075 steps around the shops so that should help :D
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    That must be a wonderful feeling, and you can look forward to an equally debt-free 2018. Wishing you, posters and lurkers, all good things for 2018 !

Thank you Elizabeth. It was and is a great feeling :).

I need to focus on my new goals now. I can't get into debt again as we have no access to credit (and that's the way I like it), but I could spend our bills money on frivolities if I'm not frugal.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Well this has been my last spendy day, thank goodness :eek:. I bought some bath mats for the bathroom in the M&S sale, because ours are disintegrating from too much washing.

I also spent my Christmas money on two tops in the Fatface sale, two tops in the White Stuff sale and a skirt in the M&S sale :). All massively discounted.

I feel slightly guilty I'm not sure why, just not used to spending money I guess :o. But from now on it's back to frugal living, but I will be very well dressed :D.

I got my coffee with my Costalot points and boring stuff like bread, fruit, pies for dinner etc in Mr T for about £15.

I'm looking foward to getting back in control of our spending and budget. Spending is fun and a bit contagious, but I feel more in control when I'm saving money.

I did over 10,000 steps today so feel slightly shattered, but it should help with the weight loss. I haven't eaten or drunk anything I shouldn't so far, apart from my skinny latte :).

I also dropped off one unwanted Christmas present from this year and several from previous years, so I've emptied a small storage box which will be useful for other things :).
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,282 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Sounds like you had a lovely day. Great bargains :) If you like White Stuff, have you looked at the eBay shops - I've had a few brand new things from them for a fraction of the shop price, usually last season but I don't mind that.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Thanks SA :). I haven't looked at White Stuff on ebay, but I should. I don't mind them being last year's designs.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Happy Saturday everyone :).

It doesn't feel like a Saturday because I did my ramble yesterday. We've been invited to my aunt's house for 4.00pm to see my cousin who is visiting ftom London with his family.

Before then I need to go through the rubbish again and get it ready for yet another trip to the tip as our garden is filling up again :mad:. Our recycling has been emptied, but that doesn't help much because our rubbish bin has been full for over a week :mad::mad:. I should rename my diary "The rubbish diaries" :rotfl:.

We need to pick up milk on the way back from the tip. Hopefully today should be a NSD apart from that.

DS3's work shirt and trousers are already washing for his shift tonight. He'll have to make his own way there but DH will pick him up at midnight.

Apart from that I want to get to grips with more laundry and sort out my clothes. I need to go through my drawers in my bedroom and de-clutter them as they seem to be full of stuff I never wear, and I have nowhere to keep the stuff I do wear. I feel a big de-clutter and organise coming on :D.
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Enjoy your day of de-cluttering HHOD! At least you can reward yourself with a drink at your aunties later on!! x
    Mummytogirls x

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure