Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Same here , just finishing matchmakers then that’s it all unhealthy stuff gone .
  • HHOD , What a great Christmas you have had with the family . Sale bargains as well , love white stuff but only in a sale.

New year list , may nick a few of yours !

You're welcome to copy some of my goals Cumbria :)
    117pauline wrote: »
    Glad to hear you had a good Christmas. I bet it felt different, it being debt free.

I have set myself some little steps leading up to New Year. I'm not impressed with my inability to move on so I need to make an effort.

I am just off for my second walk of the day. It is really cold here but clear and there is a moon too. Just a quick wander for some fresh air. What's the weather like with you?

Take care honey, best wishes to all the HHD family
    Pauline

Walks will definitely lift you up Pauline, I'm glad you've got good weather for going outdoors :). I know you can move on with my life.

I love that song from the film Romancing the Stone, "When the going gets tough, the tough get going." Sometimes I quote that to myself when times get hard and it always makes me feel better.
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • What a wonderful Christmas you had Hairy. :j. Love your goal list as well.

I’m finishing up the Christmas fat food at the moment, but am trying to eat a healthy breakfast at least now till the New Year when the healthy eating really begins!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Thanks SSG :).

I'm worried about how fat I'll be by the new year if I wait until then :rotfl: plus I'm genuinely sick of unhealthy food, so I'm starting sooner.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
  • I do feel that my body has started to crave fruit........:D
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • That's a good craving to have SSG :D
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,282 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    I must admit I've eaten healthily 90% of the time over Christmas, mainly because I don't really like unhealthy food. But as for alcohol - my liver must be the size of a pea! Finished the last of the Baileys yesterday thank goodness as every time I had a glass the dog and cat wouldn't leave me alone, must be the cream in it. They kept sniffing the air and my mouth. I've no plans to do a dry January as I think January is miserable enough but will be aiming for dry weekdays at least.

We look forward to Christmas for so long and then all we want to do is get back to normal :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • I love the film romancing the stone, not seen that for years. One to watch while ironing this week I think. Thanks for the reminder HHoD
  • Sun_Addict wrote: »
    I must admit I've eaten healthily 90% of the time over Christmas, mainly because I don't really like unhealthy food. But as for alcohol - my liver must be the size of a pea! Finished the last of the Baileys yesterday thank goodness as every time I had a glass the dog and cat wouldn't leave me alone, must be the cream in it. They kept sniffing the air and my mouth. I've no plans to do a dry January as I think January is miserable enough but will be aiming for dry weekdays at least.

We look forward to Christmas for so long and then all we want to do is get back to normal :)

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: to the cat and dog liking Baileys. I've eaten very unhealthily of things like chocolates, cheesecake amd mince pies woth clotted cream :eek:. Not to mention a lot of red wine :eek:.
    I love the film romancing the stone, not seen that for years. One to watch while ironing this week I think. Thanks for the reminder HHoD

It is a good one :D
  • Well I was so tired that I slept through last night's big thunderstorm :eek:. It even woke DS1 and he slept through an earthquake in Italy :rotfl:.

I weighed myself this morning and I'm 13 pounds over my goal weight :mad:. I've put on about 5 pounds just over the Christmas period :eek:. I'm not surprised the way I've been eating :mad:. DH however has managed to lose weight due to a lot more running around than usual :huh:.

So my diet starts today before it gets any worse. I should be able to lose 13 pounds in three months, so I can be my goal weight for my birthday.

It's not really a diet, just the way I'm supposed to eat normally. I'm going to buy some fresh bananas today and a couple of fruit pots in case I get tempted.

I'm doing my Saturday today ramble even though it's not Saturday :D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure