IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

HX Car Park Management, Gladstones Letter Before Claim

Options

Comments

• Noree
    Noree Posts: 166 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    If it helps I received a letter in the post about 2 or 3 days later to confirm my defence was received.

Hopefully you'll get the same!

I did call the day before to confirm though... the letter was obviously in the post & on its way.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Birdo26 wrote: »
    Take it it's the MCOL number and not the CCBC number?

No, you have not used MCOL for the defence, you emailed it instead to CCBC (as we recommend).

So it's a good idea for you to ring the CCBC to check they received your defence, but give them a few hours on Monday to actually have a chance because they are not open on Sundays.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Birdo26
    Options
    Ok, so I have received a questionnaire from Gladstones. Its already filled out just needs a signature. Says they wish to proceed with the claim.It has a special direction for the case to be heard on papers. Is this ok to sign and send back or shall I post the photos?
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    No.

You don't want this to be dealt with on papers!

(You want a hearing)
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 10 September 2017 at 6:25PM
    Options
    Ok, so I have received a questionnaire from Gladstones. Its already filled out just needs a signature. Says they wish to proceed with the claim.It has a special direction for the case to be heard on papers. Is this ok to sign and send back or shall I post the photos?

under no circumstances can you agree to a paper hearing, you
    lose complete control and you can only accept an oral hearing,
    that's in front of judge.

This is a little wheeze of gladstones as they unsure if they
    will win and as they keep getting whooped in court because
    they are incompetent they will be risking another whooping
    ..... and the courts know this

SAY NO TO PAPERS .... ORAL HEARING ONLY

Nowadays Gladstones can be read like a book, trouble is
    that their book has very few pages ???
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options

All of this is covered in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #2 - that should be your 'bible' as you head towards a hearing. Just asking no random questions here might pass us by and you'll be left without an answer, or you might even get an incorrect answer - dangerous.

All you need is in that sticky!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 10 September 2017 at 10:59PM
    Options

But this is discussed in EVERY Gladstones court defence thread you care to read...of course you don't sign that.

Please read other threads & the NEWBIES thread, to know what happens next.

Or Google some obvious keywords like 'Gladstones parking straightforward on the papers' to read this discussed a hundred times.

We can't handle this every time on every thread, drip, drip, drip, one by one, it's impossible.
  • Birdo26
    Birdo26 Posts: 54 Forumite
    edited 24 September 2017 at 8:30PM
    Options
    So I've filled out my questionnaire and am going to send off tomorrow.

Just wanted to check I'm right in sending a copy to Gladstones.

Also as its now likely to go to court, I would like someone else to represent me, as I understand its a lay representative. I don't need to state this on the questionnaire do I? Looks like I just write a letter to the court once I have a hearing date.

Thanks
  • Lamilad
    Lamilad Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options

Also as its now likely to go to court, I would like someone else to represent me, as I understand its a lay representative. I don't need to state this on the questionnaire do I? Looks like I just write a letter to the court once I have a hearing date.

Thanks
    Yes, you send a copy of your DQ to GS (or email it) Lay rep can just turn up with you on the day, no advance notice needed. But if you want to let the court know then submit a note with your bundle
  • Coupon-mad
    Options

Yes, and attach the covering letter talked about on other Gladstones threads.

No need for any of that, not even a letter about it, because you can bring a lay rep with you on the day (no probs) but bring the Lay Representatives (Rights of Audience) Order 1999 as well as your court bundle - and YOU must attend too.

You should read Gin and Milk's thread which covers both of the above issues, the covering letter and using a lay rep - and they won!

I think you need to re-read (in the NEWBIES thread) bargepole's post about what happens when if you are unsure that a copy of your N180 goes to Gladstones, because bargepole makes that clear and tells you which boxes to tick, and points the way ahead to Witness Statement/evidence stage for you as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure