The next chapter ....

Comments

• benbenandme
    benbenandme Posts: 12,175 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Morning all, I've done the dreaded weigh-in; 12 stone 3.5lbs :(:( The target is 11 stone, once I reach that then I can go half a stone lower but that's my first proper goal. The aim for the first week / 10 days is to get under 12 stone. So, the fitbit is on charge and as the sun is out I may take the dog for a good walk down the beach a bit later and get some steps in. Onwards! :D:D
    Mortgage Total: £55,900 / £75,000
    2024 Savings: £2532
  • benbenandme
    So the dog and I have been for a walk along the beach, it is absolutely beautiful out there this morning. Walking back up the cliff killed me which is shocking as I used to run up it, I'm so annoyed at myself for letting my fitness/weightloss go, I worked so damned hard to get there and then have just let it go :cool: Oh well, I'm on my way again :D It was only 4,500 steps though which I was quite disappointed with, never mind, will need to go again later :)
  • benbenandme
    Thanks Dangers for reminding me about Bounts, I logged in and I have 810 points, so over half way to a £10 voucher :T

Ds has gone out with his mate, I'm just vegging a bit and doing some bits and pieces of school work. Tesco shopping has been delivered and put away, ironing is done, the dog is chilling in the sun :D
  • benbenandme
    So finally Mr S and I are totally done - a few weeks ago he asked me if I minded him giving ds his GTA5 game for the xbox as he dones't play it anymore. I said no way as it's an 18 and one of the worst ones in my opinion (strip clubs, drugs, violence etc). Anyway, today ds and I were tidying his room and guess what I found in the bottom of his wardrobe ... he said Mr S gave it to him and told him to keep it hidden :eek: :eek: I'm beyond fuming, we've had a huge row, ds thinks I'm the meanest mother ever as I've taken it away, he's behaving horribly tonight because of it :( I've blocked Mr S on facebook and won't be having any more contact with him. I cannot believe he did that, he knows my thoughts on appropriate age limits etc, (ds is the only kid in his class without facebook - he's 13 in July), and now it's caused a problem between ds and I :mad: :mad:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Blimey that is not good.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Hi BBaM

Long time lurker, who occasionally pops out the woodwork here! But wanted to say that I totally admire and agree with your stance about the game. A terrible thing for Mr S to do, as he has played you and DS against each other.

Stay strong and i hope that DS understands your reasoning once he has calmed down.

X
  • WeeMidgie
    WeeMidgie Posts: 469 Forumite
    Another reader here, longtime. Good decision benben, as MrS has undermined you, shown a shocking lack of respect to you and encouraged your son into the deceit, risking him learning it's okay to connive in secrets... so many things wrong with the situation, agree with you it's beyond recall.

You're doing absolutely the right thing, and I can appreciate how betrayed you're feeling. Hugs aplenty xox
  • benbenandme
    Evening all, today was a mad busy day at school so I'm glad to be done. Ds and I have had a really good chat and, having googled the game lots, it appears its not the worst thing ever and while I'm not keen on him having violent games I also accept that he sees things that are just as bad online anyway. I have agreed with him that he can have the game back under certain conditions; we will adjust the settings so the swearing / violence is minimised etc, he must get homework etc done before he can play it, he will have restricted time on it and it will be played in the lounge not his bedroom where I can keep an eye. He also is clear that if his attitude towards me and his schoolwork doesn't drastically improve immediately he will not earn time on the game. He is also very clear on how disappointed I am about him keeping secrets from me, he said he knew he shouldn't but as Mr S had told him to do it he didn't think it was so bad.

Onwards again :D
  • benbenandme
    £5 from a survey site tonight, off to add it to the signature :)
  • benbenandme
    Evening, a straight forward day at work today, after work we went shopping as ds needed a new school jumper (£22) and some new trackies and a hoodie (3 for 2 - £26). At least he has some clothes that fit again now :)

Other than that its been the usual dinner / bath / chill out routine. No money coming in today, no other money going out other than the shopping.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family