PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 10. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Comments

• whiteguineapig
    whiteguineapig Posts: 1,365 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    NewShadow if you get a cat flap you wouldn't even need to let the cat out lol
  • Maisie_M
    Maisie_M Posts: 1,524 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi all

2lb loss for me please Knitwitch.

I was fairly good over Easter as I am not that hooked by chocolate unless its that TOTM but we did have quite a few cakes and hot cross buns around.

I have been trying to do more especially as I am off work this week and next so no excuse not to try and be more active and also to make sure I make healthy meals.

Fingers crossed for another 2lb loss next week.
  • TiredTrophy
    TiredTrophy Posts: 1,019 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    We had roast pork this evening...but are spending tomorrow cycling.....I think D H said 100km.
  • monks
    monks Posts: 163 Forumite
    Please may I join this challenge if not too late. Have been following this thread for a little while and think the motivation will help.
    Weight has been slowly creeping up last couple of years( mid 40's) and need to get this under control with more regular /better eating habits and exercise.
    12 lbs to lose.
    Annual GC £3000- £2600

EF#176 - £1000/£1000
    Weight loss 0/7
    Clutter free challenge 1500/2019
  • CathA
    CathA Posts: 1,207 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Hmm not sure how the weigh in will go tomorrow. Hubby has been away for 3 nights so I've been on the soup and toast/ sandwiches/ all fruit Thursday food plan all week, so yay. I've been so busy, daughter has just bought a flat that needs a lot of work, so I've been there, working, looking after grandson, moving furniture, all good in the hood.

Then came Friday-I went to Ikea with my daughter. You can't go to Ikea without sampling the meatballs (OMG why are they so nice?) plus a share of apple pie and cream. Got home, ate some Easter egg (they were mega reduced at work, so a few of them came home) but I only kept one! Hubby was back, making a gate for daughter's new place and didn't finish that til late so didn't feel like cooking so we got a takeaway. And desserts. Oh dear.

On the plus side I've been mega busy today so hopefully that will counteract Friday's excess. Tomorrow will tell.

Happy Saturday everyone. X
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    monks wrote: »
    Please may I join this challenge if not too late. Have been following this thread for a little while and think the motivation will help.
    Weight has been slowly creeping up last couple of years( mid 40's) and need to get this under control with more regular /better eating habits and exercise.
    12 lbs to lose.

Hi monks - of course you can join in (the more the merrier :rotfl:) is 12lbs your target for the challenge?
    Must use my stash up!
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    CathA … 0/4
    Coxy11 … 0/7
    CRANKY40 … 1/1 :D
    Gresleyrover … 0/7
    Knit Witch … 6/4 :):):):D:T:T
    Lynnejk … 0/8
    NewShadow … 0/13
    Maisie M … 2/14 :):)
    Monks .... 0/12
    Monnagran … 2/10 :):)
    Sa1sysoo … 0/6
    SIRENS … 0/14
    Snorfing along … 0/13
    SuzieC … 0/14
    TiredTrophy … 0/11
    Zafiro1984 … 0.5/14 ;)

0 st 11.5 lb :):):):):):):):):):):);)
    Must use my stash up!
  • monks
    monks Posts: 163 Forumite
    Yes 12lb for me thank you
    Annual GC £3000- £2600

EF#176 - £1000/£1000
    Weight loss 0/7
    Clutter free challenge 1500/2019
  • SIRENS
    SIRENS Posts: 1,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Evening All

Well today is our monthly takeaway that we treat ourselves to (although we will be having another for dh birthday in a couple of weeks)

I have been desperately trying to stick to plan after the disaster that was Easter, so whilst the kids were at Karate I thought I'd go for a walk ( in the rain)The class is only an hour and a half and as I live in the city it's pretty flat, but I did find a big hill to huff and puff up. I managed to hit 8000 steps by the time I picked them up, so I feel a little better.
    B 2 slice seeded bread with marmite
    D lovely fish and chips, with mushy peas
    S 2 treat size Malteasers ( I've had them since last year and they've gone a little mushy!)
    'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess

OS
  • NewShadow
    NewShadow Posts: 6,858 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    NewShadow if you get a cat flap you wouldn't even need to let the cat out lol

Maybe when I own the house - but I tend to get lost in a book so the cats makes me put it down, let them out, then I putter around doing some housework before putting the kettle on and picking up the book again. It works *shrugs* :cool:

Today was much like yesterday. Large roast chicken dinner for lunch and not much desire to eat anything else. I'm just now debating something to eat vs an early night.

First weigh tomorrow since reaffirming my desire to lose weight. It's been a bit of a mixed bag so fingers crossed...

Hope Monday morning is kind to all. :A
    That sounds like a classic case of premature extrapolation.

House Bought July 2020 - 19 years 0 months remaining on term
    Next Step: Bathroom renovation booked for January 2021
    Goal: Keep the bigger picture in mind...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure