Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Tui/Thomson ONLY

Options

Comments

• panda_jamie
    Options
    Really sorry i have one more question. I am completing MCOL. I was the lead passenger. I am claiming for myself and my mother. Can i do this online or do i have to use a paper version?
    I have read Vaubans Guide and can't find an answer! Sole legal sites say i can't do this online as it is more than one claimant.
    Any experience anyone?
    Thanks
  • legal_magpie
    legal_magpie Posts: 1,194 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Unless there's been a change you can't use MCOL for more than one claimant so if you are going to have two claimants in the same case you will need to use the non MCOL route
  • classrunner
    Options
    Help required. We were due to fly from parga - home on the 9/10/16. We were advised around 18.00 on 08/10 that due to a greek air strike our flight was cancelled. However, the strike did not go ahead. We were advised that Thomsons were unable to reinstate the flight for the original time even though it was not due to go for another 24 hours. Would we be able to claim compensation, thomsons were rubbish from start to finish.
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Help required. We were due to fly from parga - home on the 9/10/16. We were advised around 18.00 on 08/10 that due to a greek air strike our flight was cancelled. However, the strike did not go ahead. We were advised that Thomsons were unable to reinstate the flight for the original time even though it was not due to go for another 24 hours. Would we be able to claim compensation, thomsons were rubbish from start to finish.

Hi,

If, as you suggest, the strike was called off 24hrs prior to your flight l believe you would have a good case. If, however, it was only 2 or 4 hours for example, it may be difficult to claim.

If they had enough notice of the strike being called off to re arrange your flight then you would have a valid claim.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • ryan.r
    ryan.r Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

I just submitted a claim through CEDR for a 24 hour delay I was on from Rhodes to Birmingham in May 2016. Have claimed by sending letter using the MSE template and had no response from Thomson (apart from automated response saying they'll respond within 56 days), chased it with them a few times and they just say we will get back to you and I never hear back. It's been 4 months since my claim so thought I'd try the CEDR option..

Is this method usually successful for most people?
    The flight was delayed due to a technical fault and they had to fly out an engineer from UK so I believe I have a valid claim?

Thanks!
  • legal_magpie
    legal_magpie Posts: 1,194 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thomson will take as long as you allow them. So far you've given them 4 months. You can certainly use the CEDR option but from what you say you seem to have a strong case so I would send a final NBA letter pointing out how much time they've had already and giving them 14 days to pay up or else you'll sue. If they don't comply, then sue them
  • CarlosR
    CarlosR Posts: 5 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 13 October 2016 at 5:27PM
    Options
    I was on a returning flight from Rhodes to Birmingham in September 2016 as well and the flight was delayed for 24 Hours due to a malfunctioning fuel switch on one of the engines and the plane wouldn’t start.

I submitted a complaint on Resolver the day after I returned (19th September) and I haven’t even had a generic response saying we are looking into this for you - It says on Resolver I can escalate the case to Carl Gissing the Customer Service Manager in 1 Month Time........any help would be appreciated please!
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Read Vauban's most excellent guide. (google it)
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • ryan.r
    ryan.r Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    I was on a returning flight from Rhodes to Birmingham in September 2016 as well and the flight was delayed for 24 Hours due to a malfunctioning fuel switch on one of the engines and the plane wouldn’t start.

I submitted a complaint on Resolver the day after I returned (19th September) and I haven’t even had a generic response saying we are looking into this for you - It says on Resolver I can escalate the case to Carl Gissing the Customer Service Manager in 1 Month Time........any help would be appreciated please!
    I didn't use Resolver but sent them a letter and got an email response within a few weeks but just a generic response saying they would respond to the case within 56 days, and gave us a case reference number. Of course they haven't responded at all so far 120 days later!
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ryan.r wrote: »
    I didn't use Resolver but sent them a letter and got an email response within a few weeks but just a generic response saying they would respond to the case within 56 days, and gave us a case reference number. Of course they haven't responded at all so far 120 days later!

Vauban's Guide is your friend for a speedy resolution and a credit in your bank account.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback