Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 2nd Aug 17, 1:40 PM
    • 13,590Posts
    • 42,464Thanks
    sarah1972
    0 WOW
    Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel
    • 2nd Aug 17, 1:40 PM
    0 WOW
    Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel 2nd Aug 17 at 1:40 PM
    It is that time again for a new thread as the old one is about to approach its 314th page.

Thanks to 3010 for posting the last thread

Please note in post number two there is now a list of FAQ that 3010 very kindly posted on the old thread so I have copied it here. .

Happy Posting

Link to old thread here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4742377

Link to Join (Private Households) https://rmselfrecruit.research-int.com/Questionnaire/qstIntroductionPrivate.aspx

Link to Join (Businesses with Franking Abilities) https://rmbus.research-int.com

FAQS http://rmpanelzone.research-int.com/FAQ.htm
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
Page 2
    • josie_ann57
    • By josie_ann57 11th Aug 17, 9:34 PM
    • 1,369 Posts
    • 17,714 Thanks
    josie_ann57
    Hi

Why not post them all on the same day? 4 trips in one week is too much.
    Originally posted by GetRealBabe
    They state times, places and date of when to post.
    Sometimes memories sneak out of my eyes and roll down my cheeks.
    • quoia
    • By quoia 11th Aug 17, 10:41 PM
    • 13,171 Posts
    • 141,604 Thanks
    quoia
    Hi

Why not post them all on the same day? 4 trips in one week is too much.
    In which case TNS would be well within their rights to only send you just a single 2 value LTS compensation for your time & trouble for making an (inside the Post Office) over the counter transaction as opposed to rewarding you for each and every individual one that you do.
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ()
    () Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
    • redagila
    • By redagila 11th Aug 17, 11:24 PM
    • 4,436 Posts
    • 15,042 Thanks
    redagila
    Afternoon, I've just received a posting schedule with 4 cubes/cd's to post in one week but only one cd box. When I spoke to them on the phone they said to phone back on Monday as they can't see my schedule for next week.
    Four trips to the post office, waiting in a queue is a bit much.
    Originally posted by josie_ann57

You'll probably find the other boxes arrive in separate envelopes as they seem to only put 1 box to an envelope.

I agree it is annoying receiving more than one trip to the PO necessary each week. I have only just recently restarted & they have certainly increased the number of visits to the PO for parcels - so much for the 1 or 2 each month mentioned in the latest letter from them but as Quoia said it is another 2 each time.
    • GetRealBabe
    • By GetRealBabe 12th Aug 17, 8:12 AM
    • 2,190 Posts
    • 2,421 Thanks
    GetRealBabe
    In which case TNS would be well within their rights to only send you just a single 2 value LTS compensation for your time & trouble for making an (inside the Post Office) over the counter transaction as opposed to rewarding you for each and every individual one that you do.
    Originally posted by quoia
    Hi

I've posted a number of cubes on the same day and have always received individual LTS vouchers. As I explained to TNS, I have nowhere at work to store the cubes and they have accepted that.
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 014-Finally got a signature.

• GetRealBabe
    • By GetRealBabe 12th Aug 17, 8:14 AM
    • 2,190 Posts
    • 2,421 Thanks
    GetRealBabe
    They state times, places and date of when to post.
    Originally posted by josie_ann57
    Hi

True, but it's not always practical or possible.

• djp64
    • By djp64 12th Aug 17, 11:37 AM
    • 127 Posts
    • 159 Thanks
    djp64
    I've moved from training / test items to 'real' items : )

I have a question regarding the addresses provided in the posting schedule. They don't always match the Royal Mail database. For two out of three of the addresses the village / area is missing but it is showing on the Royal Mail database.. This happened with my address during the test period although in the last week they've added it in.

Do I add in the village / area or only put the address as shown in the schedule?

Thanks
    • General Grant
    • By General Grant 12th Aug 17, 9:35 PM
    • 811 Posts
    • 870 Thanks
    General Grant
    I've moved from training / test items to 'real' items : )

I have a question regarding the addresses provided in the posting schedule. They don't always match the Royal Mail database. For two out of three of the addresses the village / area is missing but it is showing on the Royal Mail database.. This happened with my address during the test period although in the last week they've added it in.

Do I add in the village / area or only put the address as shown in the schedule?

Thanks
    Originally posted by djp64
    What do you mean by "the Royal Mail database"?
    If you mean the online table when you login to the schedule, then use that address.
    If you are looking at the RM postcode finder or something similar, then stick with what is on your paper schedule (as long as it matches what appears on the same schedule online).

As far as delivery is concerned what is important is the postcode itself and the house name or number. For example RM could deliver to "6, FK2 0PW" though they do expect more!
    Last edited by General Grant; 12-08-2017 at 9:40 PM.
    • General Grant
    • By General Grant 12th Aug 17, 9:42 PM
    • 811 Posts
    • 870 Thanks
    General Grant
    Hi

I've posted a number of cubes on the same day and have always received individual LTS vouchers. As I explained to TNS, I have nowhere at work to store the cubes and they have accepted that.
    And nowhere at home to store them to take them with you on the day of the week they are due to be posted?
    • elsien
    • By elsien 12th Aug 17, 9:52 PM
    • 18,088 Posts
    • 46,123 Thanks
    elsien
    Hi

Do you not think that if everyone did that it would defeat the point of monitoring the system on different days?
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • GetRealBabe
    • By GetRealBabe 13th Aug 17, 10:09 AM
    • 2,190 Posts
    • 2,421 Thanks
    GetRealBabe
    Do you not think that if everyone did that it would defeat the point of monitoring the system on different days?
    Originally posted by elsien
    Hi

You make a good point but as I have nowhere to store the cubes/parcels at work, I go to the Post Office on the days I'm not working.

TNS don't have a problem as I have been invited back on the panel.

• Mchambers
    • By Mchambers 13th Aug 17, 10:47 AM
    • 988 Posts
    • 309 Thanks
    Mchambers
    TNS also allow people to post anytime during the post day as specified in their post pack. If your posting schedule stipulates post before 1000hrs, you can post it anytime during the day. If I had three items to post during a day. I will often post all three items at the same time.

People should not be constrained by their posting schedule and should use common sense so as not to impact their daily life and schedule. If not sure, people should contact TNS for advice.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 13th Aug 17, 3:27 PM
    • 38,036 Posts
    • 22,133 Thanks
    Quentin
    TNS also allow people to post anytime ......If your posting schedule stipulates post before 1000hrs, you can post it anytime during the day. If I had three items to post during a day. I will often post all three items at the same time.........
    Originally posted by Mchambers
    The more you read of the shenanigans that goes on with this survey and the people who act as secret posters the more it seems a waste of time and money

They should scrap it and use the money saved on something truly useful as this survey looks to be a sham set up
    • Mchambers
    • By Mchambers 13th Aug 17, 5:02 PM
    • 988 Posts
    • 309 Thanks
    Mchambers
    The more you read of the shenanigans that goes on with this survey and the people who act as secret posters the more it seems a waste of time and money

They should scrap it and use the money saved on something truly useful as this survey looks to be a sham set up
    Originally posted by Quentin
    Suggest you contact and ask TNS.
    • GetRealBabe
    • By GetRealBabe 13th Aug 17, 5:13 PM
    • 2,190 Posts
    • 2,421 Thanks
    GetRealBabe

Hi

What do you mean by secret posters and what shenanigans are you talking about?

• Mchambers
    • By Mchambers 13th Aug 17, 5:39 PM
    • 988 Posts
    • 309 Thanks
    Mchambers
    He/She can check what people are saying when he/she contacts TNS.
    • pjran
    • By pjran 13th Aug 17, 6:57 PM
    • 1,092 Posts
    • 9,808 Thanks
    pjran
    Help, I've received posting schedule for when I'm away. I recorded my holiday on my account so obviously not expecting any schedule to arrive.

Has anyone else encountered this, please tell me how you got over this without making that waste of time phone call to TNS answer machine.
    • Mchambers
    • By Mchambers 13th Aug 17, 7:12 PM
    • 988 Posts
    • 309 Thanks
    Mchambers
    Help, I've received posting schedule for when I'm away. I recorded my holiday on my account so obviously not expecting any schedule to arrive.

Has anyone else encountered this, please tell me how you got over this without making that waste of time phone call to TNS answer machine.
    Originally posted by pjran
    The suggested approach is to post the items, when you get back from leave, on the same time on the same day for that week.
    • MABLE
    • By MABLE 14th Aug 17, 8:48 AM
    • 3,702 Posts
    • 1,955 Thanks
    MABLE

Interesting!!
    • NBLondon
    • By NBLondon 14th Aug 17, 9:34 AM
    • 2,422 Posts
    • 11,924 Thanks
    NBLondon
    Please don't let this turn into a repeat of the StephenLiverpool argument...

The point of posting things on different days at different times is to check that the service is equally good (or bad) or detect bottlenecks. TNS do say that Before Midday and After Midday are not as important as on the right day of the week but just sending it all out when most convenient to you is, IMHO, taking their payment with no intention of keeping your side of the agreement. And if TNS have agreed it's OK for one panellist = she must have better pleading skills than me!

If necessary, I take the flatpacked cube and SMART to work in my briefcase, then assemble it after I finish and before heading to the Post Office on the way home. Last Wednesday, I knew I wouldn't get to a Post Office (off to a leaving do) so I've held an item over for this week. I work in a different postcode to where I live - so it sometimes requires a little thought and planning for which I get the 2 LTS voucher.
    "I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."
    • londondealer
    • By londondealer 14th Aug 17, 1:37 PM
    • 193 Posts
    • 172 Thanks
    londondealer
    Did anyone else get the email today about the change to the survey?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,380Posts Today

7,772Users online

Martin's Twitter