Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 7th Mar 14, 2:58 PM
    • 13,739Posts
    • 42,984Thanks
    sarah1972
    0 WOW
    Shop & Scan
    • 7th Mar 14, 2:58 PM
    0 WOW
    Shop & Scan 7th Mar 14 at 2:58 PM
    As the Shop and Scan thread is getting long now and people are asking for referrals I thought it was about time for a new thread. Old thread here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=321950

Please note that registration is by invite only but you can register your interest in joining the panel here www.volunteer4panels.com

How it works

What we ask you to do
    Scanning in your shopping

Every time you or anyone else in your household buys something which is brought back home, please scan.

We also ask you to provide us with an image of your till receipt whenever you make a shopping trip. The best way to do so is by scanning the receipt with a flatbed/copy scanner. If you do not have one then you can take a photo using a digital camera instead.

At the end of EACH week please remember to transmit your barcodes and upload your till receipts...

Connect the Clicker to your PC
    Visit www.shopandscan.com
    Click on Transmit your Barcodes
    Clicker and Lead Arrow Address Bar Arrow Transmit Button
    After transmitting your barcodes please also Submit your Till Receipts.

Your weekly reward points will then be added to your Reward Account on the following Monday.

What we offer in return

Reward Points

As thanks for your participation, we will enrol you in our Reward Points Programme as soon as you register with us.
    We will regularly credit your account with points in exchange for your continued participation in the ShopandScan survey.
    You can review you balance at any time by logging into your Reward Account.

As soon as you have enough points, you may redeem them for any vouchers from the wide selection available.

Or you can accumulate your points for even greater rewards... the choice is yours.

Membership is free for you... there are no hidden costs associated with redemption of your Reward Points.
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
Page 2
    • TB1987
    • By TB1987 17th Mar 14, 11:00 PM
    • 55 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    TB1987
    Hi everyone

I am new to S&S and have been doing it for 2 weeks now. For some reason I am only getting 500 points for uploading my till receipts? Not my 1100 for bar codes?

Does anyone know if I am doing anything wrong? Thanks for any help you can offer
    • chels
    • By chels 18th Mar 14, 7:53 AM
    • 1,204 Posts
    • 4,609 Thanks
    chels
    Hi everyone

I am new to S&S and have been doing it for 2 weeks now. For some reason I am only getting 500 points for uploading my till receipts? Not my 1100 for bar codes?

Does anyone know if I am doing anything wrong? Thanks for any help you can offer
    Originally posted by TB1987
    When you connect your clicker and transmit your barcodes, do you receive the message that they have received x number of barcodes plus the message confirming your clicker has been reset and ready to be used again (words to that effect)?

If not, you need to wait for these messages to be displayed. If you are receiving these messages then you should contact them, there's a freephone number.

One other point, just in case you're not aware, points for receipts are usually credited on Mondays and for barcodes usually on Tuesdays.
    *2018*
    s GAINED: Cash 168.25 Vouchers 30.00
    LBs LOST: 0 / 28

• Spies
    • By Spies 18th Mar 14, 12:12 PM
    • 103 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    Spies
    How long from applying to because a panel member does it typically take if you're going to be accepted?
  • bettylaboop
    ScanAndShop Site (earn while you shop)
    Hello!!!
    I've been looking into this shop and scan site for a few hours just to see how we can join they have a follow on site to fill in a form but from what I can tell it goes into a black hole of abyss (I filled out two still waiting several months later ) which isnt a great start right? BUT there is hope one needs an invitation number which seems like gold dust I have heard you can get an invite from sites but don't know which ones I was kinda hoping if anyone had an invitation number to share would be kind enough to help? I am desperately wanting to join in the fun if any one cam help or shed light on this that would be fab!!! thanks for your time reading this guys xxxx
    • ninjawatcher
    • By ninjawatcher 22nd May 14, 11:38 PM
    • 43 Posts
    • 1,396 Thanks
    ninjawatcher
    can anyone tell me what the difference is with shop and scan in northern ireland as my scanner uses a mobile connection to send data and i have read through everything on the shop and scan ni website and i do not seem to have to upload any receipts
    2014 wins
    Glade 2 in 1 candle
    10 paypal
    10 rakuten
    • crystal9
    • By crystal9 23rd May 14, 7:11 AM
    • 3,689 Posts
    • 2,714 Thanks
    crystal9
    What is the quickest way people upload their receipts? I used to do it via my digital camera then it broke and I've not started doing it again as I find it quite long winded having to upload pictures from camera to my laptop then onto shop and scan
    have now given up smoking since feb 13th 2014 loving the money I'm saving
  • archived user
    What is the quickest way people upload their receipts? I used to do it via my digital camera then it broke and I've not started doing it again as I find it quite long winded having to upload pictures from camera to my laptop then onto shop and scan
    Originally posted by crystal9

I take the pic on my phone. Upload it to the app Photobucket then go on my pc and go into Photobucket and save it onto my pc where I upload it from there.... if that makes sense.
    • panda7190
    • By panda7190 23rd May 14, 8:57 AM
    • 60 Posts
    • 484 Thanks
    panda7190
    You can upload it straight from your phone if you'd like. I used to email these to myself then download them on my laptop and then upload onto shop and scan website but that was taking forever, now I log on the website using my phone and choose the pictures from my camera roll, saves a lot of time especially if I'm in bed and can't be bothered to get up and bring the laptop
    190/1378 - 52 week money challenge 2016/17
    265 - new fivers so far and still going
  • archived user
    You can upload it straight from your phone if you'd like. I used to email these to myself then download them on my laptop and then upload onto shop and scan website but that was taking forever, now I log on the website using my phone and choose the pictures from my camera roll, saves a lot of time especially if I'm in bed and can't be bothered to get up and bring the laptop
    Originally posted by panda7190

Just tried that it says my browser isn't compatible. I presume you need a windows based phone.
    • crystal9
    • By crystal9 23rd May 14, 9:38 AM
    • 3,689 Posts
    • 2,714 Thanks
    crystal9
    Originally posted by panda7190
    Thanks panda i will try that next time

EDIT-have just tried it this way and it worked thank you again

Judi-maybe try a different browser as it worked on my iphone
    Last edited by crystal9; 23-05-2014 at 1:43 PM.
    have now given up smoking since feb 13th 2014 loving the money I'm saving
    • FunkyFairy
    • By FunkyFairy 24th May 14, 11:10 AM
    • 841 Posts
    • 1,939 Thanks
    FunkyFairy
    How do you get a invite? is it by filling in the volunteer4panels or can it be a existing panel member refering you?
    • Farway
    • By Farway 24th May 14, 2:32 PM
    • 7,051 Posts
    • 12,996 Thanks
    Farway
    How do you get a invite? is it by filling in the volunteer4panels or can it be a existing panel member refering you?
    Originally posted by FunkyFairy
    It is by filling in the panels, no invites

It all depend on your situation and area, they are looking for wide spread of folk, so if there are loads of married families, two kids, in & on the panel your area you may not get on, however should you be a single pensioner you may
    • panda7190
    • By panda7190 8th Jun 14, 10:58 PM
    • 60 Posts
    • 484 Thanks
    panda7190
    Just tried that it says my browser isn't compatible. I presume you need a windows based phone.
    Originally posted by Judi
    just like crystal9 mentioned, works on iphone.
    190/1378 - 52 week money challenge 2016/17
    265 - new fivers so far and still going
    • Spies
    • By Spies 11th Jun 14, 1:47 PM
    • 103 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    Spies
    Heard nothing from then about joining since I applied back in March
    • Aesop
    • By Aesop 11th Jun 14, 3:11 PM
    • 23,874 Posts
    • 155,558 Thanks
    Aesop
    Originally posted by Spies
    They mqy not have any vacancies but you cpuld email them to ask ifbthey have received your application.
    Make upto 10 a day - January 2019 17.00

Make upto 10 a day - best thread ever.
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 11th Jun 14, 3:21 PM
    • 13,739 Posts
    • 42,984 Thanks
    sarah1972
    Originally posted by Spies
    I waited over 2 years after applying on volunteer4panels before I was accepted onto shop and scan
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • merrymary
    • By merrymary 1st Aug 14, 2:19 PM
    • 464 Posts
    • 1,160 Thanks
    merrymary
    Hi, I searched for screenwise and opting in for remote desktop where they copy your router so it automatically connects to theirs. Just looking for other people's experience and questioning whether have it was a good idea being monitored on my pc and phone all the time now whereas before I can choose to connect or not. What do you all think? not that I'm up to no good

• springdreams
    • By springdreams 12th Aug 14, 3:31 PM
    • 3,562 Posts
    • 31,366 Thanks
    springdreams
    Hi, I searched for screenwise and opting in for remote desktop where they copy your router so it automatically connects to theirs. Just looking for other people's experience and questioning whether have it was a good idea being monitored on my pc and phone all the time now whereas before I can choose to connect or not. What do you all think? not that I'm up to no good
    Originally posted by merrymary
    I do this, and have not found it to be intrusive at all. They do install some equipment in your home - some monitoring boxes to your televisions and a router to your existing router, but you soon get used to pressing the relevant button on the remote you are given when you are watching television, and if you set the sign in page as your start page for your internet browser you won't forget to log in before you start your internet session.
    Smiles are as perfect a gift as hugs...
    ..one size fits all... and nobody minds if you give it back.
    Originally posted by squeaky
    ☆.。.:*・ Housework is so much easier without the clutter ☆.。.:*・
    SPC No. 518
    • maiden_scotland
    • By maiden_scotland 23rd Aug 14, 4:42 PM
    • 674 Posts
    • 3,764 Thanks
    maiden_scotland
    Food on the go
    Has anybody who's also taking part in food on the go section of shop and scan seen a big drop in points over the past couple of weeks?
    My son has been submitting his purchases as usual but had next to nothing back for them.
    I e-mailed a query but got no clear answer
    The last two out of texting was credited on the 11/08 (350 ) and 18/0 ( 750 ). There are limitations on the scheme.

Thank you for your co-operation

Best wishes

FoodontheGo Team
    He generally usually gets 5000 or slightly under per week and there's been no change to the types of foods/drinks he's submitting
    • lolly5648
    • By lolly5648 25th Aug 14, 11:43 AM
    • 2,229 Posts
    • 1,181 Thanks
    lolly5648
    Has anybody who's also taking part in food on the go section of shop and scan seen a big drop in points over the past couple of weeks?
    My son has been submitting his purchases as usual but had next to nothing back for them.
    I e-mailed a query but got no clear answer

He generally usually gets 5000 or slightly under per week and there's been no change to the types of foods/drinks he's submitting
    Originally posted by maiden_scotland
    Yes, since they introduced the new app a few weeks ago they have reduced the points and it takes much longer to do.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

75Posts Today

1,301Users online

Martin's Twitter