Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • paul2louise
    • By paul2louise 15th Jun 18, 4:31 PM
    • 1,873Posts
    • 692Thanks
    paul2louise
    0 WOW
    Shopandscan - screenwise
    • 15th Jun 18, 4:31 PM
    0 WOW
    Shopandscan - screenwise 15th Jun 18 at 4:31 PM
    As this is a new part of shopandscan I thought we could start a thread about the new screenwise panel.
    How is everything going . What problems are we having.
    I have got the TV box installed but not sure what I am doing with tablets and phones
Page 1
    • Farway
    • By Farway 15th Jun 18, 4:36 PM
    • 7,047 Posts
    • 12,977 Thanks
    Farway
    • 15th Jun 18, 4:36 PM
    • 15th Jun 18, 4:36 PM
    I've got in on the TV & desktop, not installed on my phone though, some due to CBA & some to privacy

Sometimes the tV does not seem to know the TV is on and I have to jiggle the mains lead pickup, but generally seems OK
    • paul2louise
    • By paul2louise 15th Jun 18, 5:05 PM
    • 1,873 Posts
    • 692 Thanks
    paul2louise
    • 15th Jun 18, 5:05 PM
    • 15th Jun 18, 5:05 PM
    I've got in on the TV & desktop, not installed on my phone though, some due to CBA & some to privacy

Sometimes the tV does not seem to know the TV is on and I have to jiggle the mains lead pickup, but generally seems OK
    Originally posted by Farway
    Not sure what u are supposed to do when u stop watching TV. U have to select a character otherwise they all keep flashing
    • fifeken
    • By fifeken 17th Jun 18, 3:01 PM
    • 2,309 Posts
    • 1,195 Thanks
    fifeken
    • 17th Jun 18, 3:01 PM
    • 17th Jun 18, 3:01 PM
    Not new, I've been doing it for several years now. No issues in getting points credited and my only communications with them have been a couple of times when they've sent polite reminders to always select a viewer.

The flashing lights go off as the power to the unit dies, shortly after turning off the TV.
    • paul2louise
    • By paul2louise 17th Jun 18, 6:15 PM
    • 1,873 Posts
    • 692 Thanks
    paul2louise
    • 17th Jun 18, 6:15 PM
    • 17th Jun 18, 6:15 PM
    Not new, I've been doing it for several years now. No issues in getting points credited and my only communications with them have been a couple of times when they've sent polite reminders to always select a viewer.

The flashing lights go off as the power to the unit dies, shortly after turning off the TV.
    Originally posted by fifeken
    Thanks.
    I turned my TV off and deselected the characters and they are still flashing 10mins later
    can't get my screenwise monitor app to work. It just says cannot verify your account. Participation has not yet begun.
    Think I need to give them a call
    • Farway
    • By Farway 18th Jun 18, 1:47 PM
    • 7,047 Posts
    • 12,977 Thanks
    Farway
    • 18th Jun 18, 1:47 PM
    • 18th Jun 18, 1:47 PM
    Thanks.
    I turned my TV off and deselected the characters and they are still flashing 10mins later
    can't get my screenwise monitor app to work. It just says cannot verify your account. Participation has not yet begun.
    Think I need to give them a call
    Originally posted by paul2louise
    If not already called & sorted, try switching everything off, at the wall socket, wait a bit, then start again
    • aardvaak
    • By aardvaak 18th Jun 18, 4:40 PM
    • 4,520 Posts
    • 1,969 Thanks
    aardvaak
    • 18th Jun 18, 4:40 PM
    • 18th Jun 18, 4:40 PM
    I am with Shop & Scan but have never heard of screenwise- how do I get it?
    • paul2louise
    • By paul2louise 18th Jun 18, 5:02 PM
    • 1,873 Posts
    • 692 Thanks
    paul2louise
    • 18th Jun 18, 5:02 PM
    • 18th Jun 18, 5:02 PM
    I am with Shop & Scan but have never heard of screenwise- how do I get it?
    Originally posted by aardvaak
    Like all shopandscan things you've got to be invited. They choose who they want.
    • fifeken
    • By fifeken 18th Jun 18, 5:43 PM
    • 2,309 Posts
    • 1,195 Thanks
    fifeken
    • 18th Jun 18, 5:43 PM
    • 18th Jun 18, 5:43 PM
    Seems strange, I've just timed it on mine and it took around 30 seconds for the box to die.
    Is the power clip on the right cable or is it amongst a nest of cables and maybe picking up from something else?
    • paul2louise
    • By paul2louise 18th Jun 18, 5:49 PM
    • 1,873 Posts
    • 692 Thanks
    paul2louise
    Seems strange, I've just timed it on mine and it took around 30 seconds for the box to die.
    Is the power clip on the right cable or is it amongst a nest of cables and maybe picking up from something else?
    It is plugged into the mains socket. I had to disconnect everything when I had a TV organising day over the weekend. We have a lot of appliances feeding off a double socket. The engineer came while I was out so OH was in charge.
    There is a router that is plugged into my existing router and this TV box
    • fifeken
    • By fifeken 18th Jun 18, 6:50 PM
    • 2,309 Posts
    • 1,195 Thanks
    fifeken
    My TV box with the lights on it takes it's power from a clip type thing that goes around the TV mains cable. This means when the TV goes off, power is also cut to the box. Do you have something like this?
    • paul2louise
    • By paul2louise 18th Jun 18, 7:21 PM
    • 1,873 Posts
    • 692 Thanks
    paul2louise
    My TV box with the lights on it takes it's power from a clip type thing that goes around the TV mains cable. This means when the TV goes off, power is also cut to the box. Do you have something like this?
    There are 3 cables coming from the tv box. One-split wired cable that is fixedto back of the tv, one flat type cable that connects to the router and a power cable.
    • fifeken
    • By fifeken 18th Jun 18, 8:01 PM
    • 2,309 Posts
    • 1,195 Thanks
    fifeken
    There are 3 cables coming from the tv box. One-split wired cable that is fixedto back of the tv, one flat type cable that connects to the router and a power cable.
    Maybe different boxes nowadays, but on mine, the flat cable terminates in a small box which clips over the mains cable. There is no direct connection to the router - I guess it must be wireless?

The other two sound the same (the split one goes to two microphones). From memory (and it's been there for a few years now) the power cable powers the receiver to get a signal from the handset with other power coming from the flat cable for data transmission.
    • paul2louise
    • By paul2louise 18th Jun 18, 8:55 PM
    • 1,873 Posts
    • 692 Thanks
    paul2louise
    Maybe different boxes nowadays, but on mine, the flat cable terminates in a small box which clips over the mains cable. There is no direct connection to the router - I guess it must be wireless?

The other two sound the same (the split one goes to two microphones). From memory (and it's been there for a few years now) the power cable powers the receiver to get a signal from the handset with other power coming from the flat cable for data transmission.
    Actually I think u are right. That many wires at back of my TV can't tell what goes where.
    Having spoken to an assistant it appears that the clamp might not be doing the right job. I need to wiggle it about a bit.
    Can't install app on iPad as it's too old. Can't link Google account. Assistant couldn't really help. Said to phone tomorrow and they might be able to help in the morning.
    • Farway
    • By Farway 19th Jun 18, 2:26 PM
    • 7,047 Posts
    • 12,977 Thanks
    Farway
    Having spoken to an assistant it appears that the clamp might not be doing the right job. I need to wiggle it about a bit.
    That's what I meant in my post #2, jiggle it about.

The clamp pickup that fits over the TV mains is easily removed and refitted. It has a slider grip, no screws or anything. You can just ease it along the TV cable without doing any damage or harm

I had to get it as near the TV as possible to prevent stray pickups from my spaghetti of cables behind the TV
    • KJON
    • By KJON 1st Jul 18, 11:43 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    KJON
    Had Screenwise for a few days now - when your viewer icons start flashing during watching what are you supposed to do? I!!!8217;ve both pressed a button and left it and there doesn!!!8217;t seem to be any difference? Tia !!!55357;!!!56898;
    • fifeken
    • By fifeken 1st Jul 18, 11:56 AM
    • 2,309 Posts
    • 1,195 Thanks
    fifeken
    When you press a button on the handset, the flashing lights should stop leaving only the light corresponding to the button you pressed lit up.
    • aardvaak
    • By aardvaak 19th Jul 18, 2:46 PM
    • 4,520 Posts
    • 1,969 Thanks
    aardvaak
    I am on Shop & Scan but haven't heard of Screenwise - What is it?
    • Farway
    • By Farway 19th Jul 18, 2:57 PM
    • 7,047 Posts
    • 12,977 Thanks
    Farway
    I am on Shop & Scan but haven't heard of Screenwise - What is it?
    Originally posted by aardvaak
    It is S & S monitoring what is watched on your TV. Invite only as per usual
    • paul2louise
    • By paul2louise 9th Jan 19, 11:37 PM
    • 1,873 Posts
    • 692 Thanks
    paul2louise
    I don't have a lock on my tablet but in the last few days the screenwise app has kept popping up saying I need password or pin protection. I don't want to lock it. Has this happened to anyone else.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

89Posts Today

2,414Users online

Martin's Twitter