Molton Brown hand wash and bath and shower gel

Hi.

I bought a couple of these to split up and give as gifts at Christmas. I thought I would post this in case it helps someone. I know Molton Brown is not for everyone.

2 hand washes for £25
https://www.thefragranceshop.co.uk/products/molton-brown-molton-brown-eau-de-parfum-45ml-spray-42900.aspx

2 bath and shower gels for £26
https://www.thefragranceshop.co.uk/products/molton-brown-molton-brown-eau-de-parfum-45ml-spray-42899.aspx

If you use the code here it takes 17% off the bill.
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74801870#post74801870

Using the code the hand wash works out £10.37 per bottle and the bath and shower £10.79 per bottle. Normally £18 per bottle at Molton Brown.

Comments

• That is a brilliant offer - thank you.
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Just curious - why would anyone pay these prices just for a brand label, when the contents are no different from the equivalents as sold in Aldi, Lidl etc at well under a tenth of the price?
  • Me personally, I spend £3000 or more on a bathroom, I don't want "cheap" things in it. Just my opinion though.
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Doc_N wrote: »
    Just curious - why would anyone pay these prices just for a brand label, when the contents are no different from the equivalents as sold in Aldi, Lidl etc at well under a tenth of the price?

It is not just a brand label though.

I use cheaper ones usually Boots own brand for everyday use but I do like a bit of luxury now and again and they are different.
  • babymt
    babymt Posts: 309 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker

We've had this conversation every single time on here when anyone posts molton brown. It's got a higher concentration of perfume in it. Why does anyone pay £60 for perfume when you can buy a bottle from Pound land?! Personal taste. If its cheaper than it normally is then its a bargain and deserves to be here. And noone should have to justify their own tastes.
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    babymt wrote: »
    We've had this conversation every single time on here when anyone posts molton brown. It's got a higher concentration of perfume in it. Why does anyone pay £60 for perfume when you can buy a bottle from Pound land?! Personal taste. If its cheaper than it normally is then its a bargain and deserves to be here. And noone should have to justify their own tastes.

No question of justification. As I said, just curious.

I can see the point with perfumes, but handwashes and shower gels are all pretty much identical chemically, hence the question.
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Don't forget TCB

Thank you Stephen:T:T

Early Christmas shopping:)
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    No question of justification. As I said, just curious.

I can see the point with perfumes, but handwashes and shower gels are all pretty much identical chemically, hence the question.

I would diasgree.

I have some Chanel No 5 shower gel that I use on the rare ocassion that I have a night out.

It is much different to the one I use on a daily basis.
  • Doc_N wrote: »

So different. I agree some expensive products just aren't worth the extra, but I personally find the MB hand washes worth every penny. You need only the tiniest amount, it lathers so nicely, its non drying and your hands smell amazing for hours afterwards. I've not found any other hand wash that does this.
  • Brynsam
    Brynsam Posts: 3,643 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Interesting that they did a comparison between MB and another hand wash (Aldi or similar, I think) on one of the TV shows looking at people who are seduced by brands. The two containers were swapped and - guess what! - the MB was dismissed as unpleasant, sticky, poor level of perfume...

That said, I entirely agree that MB scent lingers like no other and smells divine, although I do wonder if I too would be fooled by such a swap. Probably!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure