Cash ISAs: The Best Currently Available List

Options

Comments

• Kazza242
    Kazza242 Posts: 2,169 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Kazza, is there any reason the Barnsley 3.2% 1 year fixed rate ISA that Martin has mentioned is not in your list on the first post?

I am sure there must be good reason, but I see you have updated the list today and, I think, yesterday so I'm just wondering if I'm missing something obvious?!

It's funny, but I don't trust it's a decent option if you don't list it! I've been watching this thread for years and I trust your superior knowledge!

Hi there. I've added it now:). I didn't get a chance to take a proper look at until now, as it's been a really busy week at work leaving me only time to make quick updates to the list.
    Please call me 'Kazza'.
  • purplestar133
    Options
    Kazza242 wrote: »
    Hi there. I've added it now:). I didn't get a chance to take a proper look at until now, as it's been a really busy week at work leaving me only time to make quick updates to the list.

Many thanks!
  • sprouty76
    Options
    I think the Halifax ISA Direct Reward rate has gone up to 3.0% (+0.2% for reward customers), as rb10 suggested - their summary now says: "Variable Interest Rates (AER) effective from 0.00am on 27th February 2011 - 3.00%"
  • Kazza242
    Kazza242 Posts: 2,169 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    sprouty76 wrote: »
    I think the Halifax ISA Direct Reward rate has gone up to 3.0% (+0.2% for reward customers), as rb10 suggested - their summary now says: "Variable Interest Rates (AER) effective from 0.00am on 27th February 2011 - 3.00%"

Hi, yes the Halifax ISA Direct Reward rate has increased to 3.00% (3.20% for customers with qualifying current accounts paying in £1K per month). The updated rate and other updates have been added to the list.
    Please call me 'Kazza'.
  • pete1976
    pete1976 Posts: 86 Forumite
    Options
    Kazza242 wrote: »
    Hi, yes the Halifax ISA Direct Reward rate has increased to 3.00% (3.20% for customers with qualifying current accounts paying in £1K per month). The updated rate and other updates have been added to the list.

Is this just for new accounts or current ones too (I opened one a couple of weeks ago)?
  • rb10
    rb10 Posts: 6,334 Forumite
    Options
    pete1976 wrote: »
    Is this just for new accounts or current ones too (I opened one a couple of weeks ago)?

New accounts only.

You will need to phone up and ask them to change it to the new offer. The phone call took me under 5 minutes.
  • emeraldbugle
    emeraldbugle Posts: 1,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Kazza - it appears the Halifax Direct Reward ISA has limited 'online' access. When you view your account it just says 'enquiry only service', I can't find anything in the literature about not been able to make withdrawals online :(. Might be worth mentioning.
  • pete1976
    Options
    Kazza - it appears the Halifax Direct Reward ISA has limited 'online' access. When you view your account it just says 'enquiry only service', I can't find anything in the literature about not been able to make withdrawals online :(. Might be worth mentioning.

You're quite right. To make withdrawals from this account you either have to phone up or, to do it online you need to have another Halifax account. You can open (as I have done) a variable rate web saver account (think that's what it's called) for this very purpose.

Please see this thread for more info:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2158397&goto=newpost
  • emeraldbugle
    emeraldbugle Posts: 1,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    pete1976 wrote: »
    You're quite right. To make withdrawals from this account you either have to phone up or, to do it online you need to have another Halifax account. You can open (as I have done) a variable rate web saver account (think that's what it's called) for this very purpose.

Please see this thread for more info:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2158397&goto=newpost

Thanks Pete, but I do have a current account with Halifax, there doesn't appear to be the option to withdraw online.
  • pete1976
    Options
    Thanks Pete, but I do have a current account with Halifax, there doesn't appear to be the option to withdraw online.

Mmm strange...you should have a "Make a transfer" button next to your ISA so that you can move money to your current account and then out from there to wherever you want.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback