PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Turkey mince

Comments

• Thanks for your suggestions not sure what the roulade is but will try and find a recipe got 3 packs/ 3 dinners to make.
    Still Trying :o
    Grocery challenge July 2016
    £400/£000
  • Try substituting it for Pork Mince. That thread contains one of our favourites - pasta sauce made with mince and carrot.

HTH, Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • Thanks for your suggestions not sure what the roulade is but will try and find a recipe got 3 packs/ 3 dinners to make.

Its like a savory swiss roll. Theres a few different ways you can make it, but I was thinking of the one main with mince and onions ect... rolled in pastry and baked. Bit like this (this ones obviously not turkey though, I'm struggling to find you a recipe):

article_med_roulade.jpg
    SIMPLE SIMON - Met a pie man going to the fair. Said Simple Simon to the pie man, "What have you got there?" Said the pie man unto Simon, "Pies, you simpleton!"
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    am i the only one that finds the smell of turkey mince off putting?
    used it to make nice spicy burgers but couldnt stomach it and my flatmate ended up getting them :confused:
  • Try substituting it for Pork Mince. That thread contains one of our favourites - pasta sauce made with mince and carrot.

HTH, Penny. x

Thanks Penny will have a look at that thread :)
    £400/£000
  • Its like a savory swiss roll. Theres a few different ways you can make it, but I was thinking of the one main with mince and onions ect... rolled in pastry and baked. Bit like this (this ones obviously not turkey though, I'm struggling to find you a recipe):

article_med_roulade.jpg

Thanks they look quite good
    £400/£000
  • Bexstars
    Bexstars Posts: 365 Forumite
    Hiya

Im needing some help on what to make with some turkey mince I have found hiding in the freezer. I dont really like turkey mince so am looking for something strong tasting to cover up the turkey taste, if that makes sense :o
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Penelope_Penguin Posts: 17,288 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    I'm making a pasta sauce with turkey mince atm. The recipe is for pork mince, but I find them interchnageable. I could only find a tiny thread for turkey mince, so take a look at this one for pork mince.

HTH, Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • Stephen_Leak
    Stephen_Leak Posts: 8,762 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I got 450g of cheap turkey mince in ASDA a couple of days ago. I've earmarked mine for a nice hot chilli con carne.
    The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in my life. :)
  • scuzz
    scuzz Posts: 1,995 Forumite
    I use it in the same way I'd use pork, beef and lamb mince. Just treat it the same.
    Comping, Clicking & Saving for Change
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport