Frump to Fab 2019 - Here We Go Again

Options

Comments

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,587 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    That's an amazing reduction on the make up sugarbaby. I used to get the weekly newsletter emailed to me but since that stopped (no idea why?) I've stopped reading it regularly. Anther 'note to self' needed along with Ebay.:)

The art group I belong to is one of a national network chanie. I've described it as 'art appreciation' because I didn't want anyone thinking I could actually paint myself.:eek:

https://theartssociety.org/about-us

I know what you mean about modern art chanie but I try to keep an open mind. I do like Banksy though. I'd really love to see the one he did in Port Talbot. It's been moved now into the town centre but my brother (who lives in a village nearby) sent me a picture of it in the original location on someone's garage wall.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/12/19/banksy-claims-port-talbot-mural-latest-work/

I enjoyed a visit to Tate St Ives too. Some of the modern art is a bit unfathomable but some is restful too. I like restful.:)

Winter coats is the feature in today's paper. They show tailored and animal print. I could do with a new long wool coat but I'll only buy one if it's quite voluminous.:D I don't see the point of a heavy coat that isn't going to cover me up. I love my current one which is long with a wrap front and a collar that turns into a hood. I wish I could replace it.

What I might buy is one of those fleecy boucle coats. I've seen some that are OK in Sainsbury's. I wanted to buy one last year but DH happened to be with me and started making Baa! Baa! noises to put me off. :rotfl:
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 16 October 2019 at 1:02PM
    Options
    :rotfl: baaaaa

I have one of those Boucle coats, bought it last year from Asda. It's forest green. It's a bit big now but as you say its voluminous so I will keep it, I will be able to wear it over my chunky knitwear when it's really cold because although it doesn't feel "heavy" to wear like some of my wool coats it is really cosy. It always gets a lot of compliments too and I only paid £35 for it. I thought I'd only get one season out of it but it still looks like new so it's a keeper for now.

I am going to look out for a red coat this year and maybe a mustard one. I love that colour and there's plenty of it around this year so there should be some good choices.

I know it sounds like I'm buying loads of clothes at the moment but I really havent spent much. A lot are from charity shops and then that haul from Primark the other day so I haven't broken the bank. After losing so much weight I really did need to replenish my stocks of winter clothing. And anyway I do like variety. Project 33 is just not for me. :rotfl:

Just having a break from painting the ceiling.....don't think I'll completely finish today but I'll break the back of it. I should get it done within the next few days. I have already booked a massage for Monday - to celebrate and iron out the kinks in my poor decrepit body. :rotfl:

I know I'm slow but going the diy route for the painting has saved me a small fortune.

We actually have a bit of sunshine here today.......not sunbathing weather of course but it's pleasant and of course it's great to be able to open the windows to get rid of the paint fumes.

I look a terrible scruff......:rotfl:
  • Moll
    Moll Posts: 445 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Blast from the past, So much has happened in my life lately that I gave up joining in for a bit .... but im back , Lovely to meet you Time to change. I dropped off the weight loss wagon for a bit , but back on with a vengence, sorting my wardrobe out too as we speak , i must admit i LOVE black clothes , but its true , it all looks the same , and i add colour in nowadays , and have had lots of compliments . I love accessories too . All your posts have inspired me to get my finger out , and turn my humdrum life around for the better .
  • lessonlearned
    Options
    Good Morning Lovely Ladies.

Welcome back Moll. Was wondering how you are. Good to see you back in the fold.

A tad chilly here this morning..... very autumnal. Busy day planned.

Shoulder playing up so keeping it brief today.

Have a great day y'all.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,587 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    :wave: Good to see you posting again moll.:)

It's interesting to hear you say 'turn my humdrum life around'. I'm sure you're being hard on yourself but it got me thinking that fabbing isn't just confined to beauty and fashion it's a whole lifestyle thing.:)

Sorry to hear about your sore shoulder LL. It has to be the ceiling painting.:( I do hope your busy day doesn't involve anything physical.:)

I had a GP appointment earlier to follow up the ultrasound from a couple of weeks ago. He confirmed the positive news that all is well with gynae, liver, kidneys etc.. He assumes that the bloating I had is likely to be IBS type symptoms probably triggered by stress. The irony is that the stress from waiting for the appointment (which arrived unsolicited from the hospital when GP told me I had to make it myself) probably made it worse. :(

So some pampering is called for. We decided not to go on your health walk today. DH has a cold;) and going out in the rain didn't seem like a good idea. I started a novel earlier in the week. It's just some chick lit but it's set in Prague so it reminds me of a lovely city break we had a couple of years ago. I may just curl up with that or do some gentle pottering. I used the last of my Clarins serum today but I'm not going out in the rain to replace it, I'll manage with the flaxseed oil temporarily.

I had a quick look in Matalan yesterday as I was in the area. Their teddy bear coats were too shiny but I saw this gorgeous cardigan.
    https://www.matalan.co.uk/product/detail/s2728602_c939/teddy-v-neck-cardigan-cream

I just wish it came in other colours than cream but it is so lovely and cosy. I just wish I could think how I'd wear it.:think:

Have a good day all. Keep dry.;)
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    I'm going out today to meet my friend in London. I saw that Extinction Rebellion have been protesting on the DLR and Jubilee lines today so I won't go that way into central London!

I was going to wear my grey maxi dress but it shows up the rain too much so I will have to wear something else.

I might wear my short black skirt, tights, boots and a black v-neck jumper with a white or a red vest top underneath.

I might wear my new denim jacket that I did dye black, but it came out very dark blue, which was fine.:)

I am still getting over my cold

Same here. I have a GP appointment on Monday and I think I might need antibiotics as I always end up with a sinus infection.:(
  • sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

Maman I also have my eBay account linked to my Nectar card and I also have a Quidco account, so my eBay bargains make me even more money with Nectar points and Quidco cashback. I currently have just over £73 worth of Nectar points and most of those points were earned because of my eBay purchases as I do not shop in Sainsbury's. :D

I am almost over my cold. No more waking up in the night with a hacking cough :D

I found a Superdry jacket for my 20 year old grandson's Christmas present on eBay so only got my 38 year old daughter's present to find :D
  • savingfortomorrow
    Options
    After a mega hectic day- meetings at short notice loads of paperwork, broke a heel on a shoe, almost fell on my face over a dodgy pavement - not hurt but grateful new training has improved balance. If I had not done the pilates classes and working on the balance I would have fallen flat. I realize that fitness is more than cardio but improving flexibility and posture. I feel better for it.

I really like ebay but only use it waves every few months. I'm using amazon for buying at the minute as Im only buying what I need. I got a bit burnt with ebay as some of the items were in ok shape but I prefer looking in the physical charity shops. It is not fun setting my heart on an item and not getting it, I find I spend a lot of time looking for items and being outbid.

Sugar do you use a bid using any tools or automated apps?

I think i have done too much exfolliation on my face. It is looking wicked raw and red. And then I put glycolic and vit c serum straight on it... I literally screetched as it hit the face. hopefully I have not done real damage.
  • sugarbaby125
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

SFT I am glad that you did not injure yourself when you stumbled.

I hope your face recovers soon from your over zealous exfoliation. You will need to adjust your skin care regime while your face heals.

No I do not use an app for my eBay buying. I will sometimes leave eBay to do automatic bids on my behalf by putting my maximum bid in, but I prefer to get bargains so get a lot of my items with only my 1st bid. :D

I am finally over my cold, I just have a bit of a sore throat remaining but no other symptoms. :D

I am planning to go to a birthday party at the pub tomorrow night. I am really looking forward to dressing up in a glamorous outfit with matching shoes, handbag and solid gold jewellery.
  • lessonlearned
    Options
    Good afternoon lovely ladies.

Acupuncture this morning, arm and shoulder feel much better but now I have my customary post acupuncture blinding headache, :rotfl: never mind, I'll just take it easy. My handyman is popping round later to quote for the next round of jobs. Not sure when otherwise I would take myself off to bed and sleep it off.

Maman sorry to hear about your IBS issues. Not nice. Hope it eases off soon. Do you take a probiotic, I find them very helpful.

SFT. Go easy with your skin. Try not to do anything else to aggravate it and it should recover fairly quickly. Good you didn't hurt yourself when you stumbled, you are right, the ability to maintain our balance is really important as we get older. I have been pleasantly surprised at how well I have been able to balance on the step ladder. Although I admit I am very safety conscious, and do ensure that it is placed correctly and that I don't try to be clever and overstretch.

Working for so long in the construction industry and being responsible for customer safety on site has made me risk averse. I don't take chances or short cuts with either equipment or materials.

Asda have 25% of their Clothing so I picked up a couple of pairs of jeggings. Other than that not much happening today.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure