eBay phone transcripts? Help needed!

Comments

• spadoosh
    spadoosh Posts: 8,732 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I have lots of experience in dealing with eBay, but given the way you’ve spoken to other posters you’re on your own - sorry.

Op is spot on. Asked a question and got given load of irrelevant replies. No need for it.

As for your comment. I suspect you have an over inflated view of ones own self worth, its ebay, not quantum mechanics. Thankfully theres still a few on this site willing to answer the question they are asked so fortunately the OP is not on their own - Sorry.
  • BoGoF
    BoGoF Posts: 7,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    DoaM wrote: »
    Subject Access Request ... send one to Ebay asking for a copy of all information they hold on you. Such information should include (but is not limited to) recordings of any phone calls (or transcripts thereof).

That way you should be able to confirm what was said. :)

Note however that they have a period of time in which to respond to a SAR with the details ... 30 to 40 days. So this route isn't going to speed things up, but will at least give you evidence.

What would the point of that be. Whatever was said doesn't trump the t & c's they failed to read before entering into the contract.
  • spadoosh
    BoGoF wrote: »
    What would the point of that be. Whatever was said doesn't trump the t & c's they failed to read before entering into the contract.

It seems the OP is not the only person not able to read what is in front of them. Whilst terms and conditions form the basis of a contract there is no obligation for them to be adhered to if it is agreeable by both parties... the OP states....
    zay475 wrote: »
    However the merits of whether the refund is appropriate are between eBay and myself. I have already been informed that I will be refunded when the calls have been listened to and it is proven I was told as much, which I was on several occasions. My worry is that the manager may return and deny this. I just need information on if it is possible to attain transcripts or access to the numerous calls I have made, Which is why I posted the query to begin with.

It looks like ebay will forego the terms and conditions in pursuit of a level of customer service that goes beyond what is in the terms and conditions.
  • BoGoF
    Point is the op is concerned they may change their mind and there is very little he/she can do regardless of content of said calls. So obtaining transcripts is pretty pointless.
  • spadoosh
    Point is the op is concerned they may change their mind and there is very little he/she can do regardless of content of said calls. So obtaining transcripts is pretty pointless.

No, you cant see the point, there is a difference.

Lets say im leaving a review. My review highlights that a company made promises to me (Even against what is in their terms and conditions) yet didnt fulfil them. I can provide no evidence of this. Does my review carry any weight?

Now, assume i have transcripts of an ebay rep saying they will refund me if they listen to the calls and its confirmed that i was told what i said i was told. I can provide transcripts of all conversations. It carries a lot more weight doesnt it? I might still be out of pocket but i can offer others factual information of ebay reneging on their promises.

This is something that i would find invaluable when looking at reviews. Whilst i wouldnt dismiss a company on a single review i would take note of prevalence of type of incidence and from there judge the likelihood of me using them.
  • BoGoF
    And that has anything to do with OP being entitled to their moneyback how?

I tend to pay little attention to online reviews. The disgruntled leave out important facts....like it was their fault they ended up in the situation by not adequately insuring a £1500 package.
  • Ectophile
    Ectophile Posts: 7,323 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post

Try telling that to a small claims court judge when somebody brings a claim for misselling.

There have been plenty of cases over the years where the court has found in favour of the complainant when they have been misled by false information given to them prior to a sale.
    If it sticks, force it.
    If it breaks, well it wasn't working right anyway.
  • BoGoF
    Ectophile wrote: »
    Try telling that to a small claims court judge when somebody brings a claim for misselling.

There have been plenty of cases over the years where the court has found in favour of the complainant when they have been misled by false information given to them prior to a sale.

What 'false information' was given in this case prior to contract being entered into?
  • spadoosh
    And that has anything to do with OP being entitled to their moneyback how?

I tend to pay little attention to online reviews. The disgruntled leave out important facts....like it was their fault they ended up in the situation by not adequately insuring a £1500 package.

Absolutely nothing to do with the OP being entitled to their money back. Can you point out where the OP is asking for information regarding getting their money back?

They asked how/if they could access the call transcripts.

What does your opinion on the likelihood of the OP getting their money back have to do with how the OP can get access to call transcripts?

With regards to the courts, they use balance of probabilities in the small claims court. With this they also take in to account many factors, things like your average consumer having probably not read all the terms and conditions, advice given before during and after contracts where formed.

You just can not say with any degree of confidence that the OP will not get a refund. Feel free to highlight they arent legally entitled to a refund or compensation but what people are legally entitled to and what they get are two different things.

As an example, i recently had an issue with a used car where i needed it refunding. The business wouldve been perfectly entitled legally to charge fair use for the days that i had the vehicle however i argued this with them, put forward my situation and viewpoint and they offered me a full refund in settlement. If i listened to the likes of what you said idve lost out. Fortunately I worked in retail for a long time and understand the value of customer service and as such do not limit myself to statutory obligations.
  • davidmcn
    davidmcn Posts: 23,596 Forumite
    Why would anyone believe there are "call transcripts" in existence? Do they think there is a squadron of stenographers employed to listen in to all the calls just in case there are future queries? The OP said they were told there were recordings, which would take some time to be listened to, so seems pretty obvious there are no "transcripts" available. They're entitled to a copy of the recording if one exists (or would be if this were all in the UK - it's possibly subject to some jurisdictional issues depending which country they were contracting with or talking to).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure