IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

POPLA Decisions

Comments

• Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    any one browsing this thread should read the link above to see how bad this decision was / is ...

Ralph:cool:
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    What do you expect from POPLA,

Simply a system that has failed. Where do they they get
    their assessors from ??, another BPA disaster who belong
    in the Gobi desert with them
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    beamerguy wrote: »
    Where do they they get
    their assessors from ??

Beauty salons and creativity writing courses I believe.
  • mezzyd
    mezzyd Posts: 39 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Successful appeal against University of Kent, assessor Gayle Stanton.

Reasons for the Assessor!!!8217;s determination: "In terms of POPLA appeals, the burden of proof rests with the operator to provide clear evidence of the contravention it alleges occurred, and consequently, that it issued the PCN correctly.

The operator has provided photographic evidence of the signage that states, !!!8220;Private land!!!8221;,!!!8221;Park in marked bays only!!!8221;, !!!8221;Visitors pay and display or pink/blue zone permits!!!8221;, !!!8221;University traffic regulations apply!!!8221;, !!!8221;Unauthorised or incorrectly parked vehicles may be issued with a £70 Parking Charge Notice!!!8221;.
    The operator has provided photographic evidence of the appellant!!!8217;s vehicle parked on the site on the day of the incident.

Upon review of the evidence I am not satisfied that the driver has been identified sufficiently.
    I can see from the evidence provided, that the operator has not referenced that they are attempting to transfer the liability for the Parking Charge Notice (PCN) from the driver of the vehicle to the keeper of the vehicle using PoFA 2012, and so in its mind, the operator continues to hold the driver responsible.

As such, I must consider whether I am confident that I know who the driver of the vehicle is based on the evidence that I have received.

After considering the evidence, I am unable to confirm that the appellant is in fact the driver. As such, I must allow the appeal on the basis that the operator has failed to demonstrate that it the appellant is the driver and therefore liable for the PCN.

The appellant has raised other grounds for appeal; however I have not considered these as I have allowed the appeal."

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5814615#topofpage
  • Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Yes, like everyone else does - search the forum for 'Premier Park POPLA lost'.

Did just that (didn`t pay despite letters coming in...), it`s been 2 months since I haven`t received any letters.
    Thank you guys for this forum.
  • evets
    evets Posts: 22 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    PoPLA appeal against Britannia Parking Group

Further details here - https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5854435

Outcome
    Appeal withdrawn by operator:

"[FONT=&quot]Britannia Parking Group have told us they do not wish to contest the Appeal. This means that your Appeal is successful and you do not need to pay the parking charge."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Thanks everyone!
    [/FONT]
  • russmc
    russmc Posts: 1 Newbie
    Hi there, just wanted some advice from anyone. I recently overstayed my parking ticket at a hospital carpark in the North and got a fine from Parking Eye. They rejected my appeal (standard) and have now sent a letter threatening court action or pay the increase in the fine. I don't want to pay on principal. Do they follow through and take people to court?! thanks R
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    welcome to the forum ....

you have posted in the wrong place ....

please have a read of the newbies thread and then re post if you need further advice

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

oh and using a PC / laptop will aid the process

Ralph
  • Faithp
    Faithp Posts: 27 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    I've just had a successful POPLA appeal against Serco thanks to the help on here. This is my thread ( I think!) https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5842199

And my POPLA decision :-

DecisionSuccessful
    Assessor NameAmy Butler
    Assessor summary of operator case
    The operator has failed to provide a copy of the Parking Charge Notice (PCN).

Assessor summary of your case
    The appellant as raised several grounds of appeal. These are as follows; !!!8226; The appellant states they are appealing as the registered keeper. !!!8226; The appellant states that the operator has not issued a notice to keeper. !!!8226; The appellant states the operator has not shown that the individual they are pursuing the driver. !!!8226; The appellant states the operator does not have the authority from the landowner. !!!8226; The appellant states the signs are not prominent, clear or legible.

Assessor supporting rational for decision
    By issuing the appellant with a PCN the operator has implied that the appellant has not complied with the terms and conditions of the car park in question. It is the duty of the operator to provide evidence to POPLA of the PCN that was issued to the appellant. In this case the operator has not done that. Therefore, I am unable to determine why the PCN was issued. Accordingly, I must allow the appeal.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Furthermore, they are not fines
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback