Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• surveyqueenuk
    Options
    OK Juanita, the first thing we need to do is get you your meds. Can someone else go? Can you email the pharmacy - the majority of them are contactable in this way. Many pharmacies deliver and are well used to people being unable to leave the house to get their meds. When I feel like carp, I tend to pop my scripts in v.early or v.late as there won't be anyone else there.

Going forward, can you get your meds put on automatic repeat? Your chosen pharmacy can re-order them for you each month and can even bring them to the house if needed.

Now, about the GP. Again, can someone else make you an appointment? Can you email the surgery for an appointment, just tell them what you have done here. Copy/paste even. Does your surgery have an electronic booking system? It's well worth signing up if they do - you don't have to speak to a soul.

Shopping and bills - online if possible. Some supermarkets have introductory money-off offers for new registrations (Ocado is very good for this) so you could be MSE. Or splash out on some "naice" food.

The most important thing is to get your prescription though, if you are running short. Then a docs appt because you can't go on like this can you? I don't know you from Adam but I do know you don't deserve to feel like this, nobody deserves to be imprisoned by anxiety.

HBS ((( )))
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Juanita, you could also email your doctor's surgery and tell them what's happening and how you're feeling.

They may be willing to do a home visit in the circumstances.

I do know that some pharmacies will deliver meds in some circumstances too, so you could ask them if that's possible.

I really do understand how you're feeling. :A
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• *max*
    *max* Posts: 3,208 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Pyxis wrote: »
    Juanita, you could also email your doctor's surgery and tell them what's happening and how you're feeling.

They may be willing to do a home visit in the circumstances.

I do know that some pharmacies will deliver meds in some circumstances too, so you could ask them if that's possible.

I really do understand how you're feeling. :A

I apologise for butting in, but this resonated with me, and I want to confirm that some pharmacies will pick up the prescription from the medical centre and deliver the meds to you. Mine does it, and it's brilliant. No charge for it either. I phone in to get a repeat prescription from my Dr too, so not even any need to go the surgery. It can be a literal lifesaver.
  • Gingernutty
    Options
    I started a BSL Introduction course yesterday, sorted out a prescription for my new meds after the doctor made an error (the same error as last time :huh:), went to a planning consultation about my neighbourhood, culminating in distributing leaflets about a neighbourhood meeting and having a long discussion with a shopkeeper about the state of the place and I joined a community choir in the evening.

I got to bed very late and now I'm up and on a train to London for the second of two psychologist guided, market research group sessions for patients with certain conditions (not ADHD-PI) for which we've been promised expenses paid and a couple of hundred quid.

Check me out. Neighbourhood activist. :rotfl:
    :huh: Don't know what I'm doing, but doing it anyway... :huh:
  • whitewing
    whitewing Posts: 11,852 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Juanita,

Welcome. I use pharmacy2u at the moment who post my meds out (once I'd confirmed that I have a prepayment prescription).

It was a pain at first as it got messed up and their telephone helpline was a pain to get through to (but staff were polite), but I am glad I gave them a second chance - was sorely tempted not to - because it is brilliant now. Just reorder and it arrives in the post quicker than I used to get it from the local pharmacy.

Going to have a sorting out day at work today, if I don't get interrupted, so that should be good, unless I find anything that I'd forgotten about....
    :heartsmil When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
  • Juanita37
    Options
    Thank u all for ur replies...I'll look into that today but I'm sure it's only available to the elderly or physically disabled in my area.
    It says a lot when a few strangers are more compassionate then family and friends!
    My heads just all over the place it's been a really difficult year since my son was permantly excluded from school. Since then he's had assessmentsome and the 'naughty boy' the school made Liam out to be turns out to be paranoid anxiety,social blindness, lack of social awareness and possible autism but they can't complete that assessment until he's back in a school.
    We are currently waiting to hear if he will be accepted into a specially adapted school as he really can't cope with th pressure of a main stream school.
    He's 12 now and I have tried my hardest for 9 years to get this seen as an issue but only this year and his meltdowns in school lead to the SEN assessments.
    Again thanks for all the replies and ((big)) for everyone ❤
  • dandy-candy
    Options
    Hugs to HBS x

Welcome Juanita :) Definitely get mess sorted first, you can't tackle anything until that's done. Good luck getting your son into the special school, has the Dr or council offered him any psychological help/therapy?
  • Juanita37
    Options
    Hi dandy-candy

No! I don't know how to go about it either. His main problem atm is being isolated. He's at the age he wants to go out on his own but his complete lack of safety and the way he handles most social situations I can't allow that and he has no 'friends' from his previous school due to his meltdowns being scary and violent.
    I feel like I'm failing him massively but really don't know who to turn to or what support groups may be available if any.
    We got a family dog recently and it's helped Liam no end says he's his best friend ☺
    Sorry about all of this I'm having a few bad days I think and probably posting in the wrong place but the title stood out to me
  • Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Juanita37 wrote: »
    Sorry about all of this I'm having a few bad days I think and probably posting in the wrong place but the title stood out to me

There's nothing to apologise for and it sounds like here's exactly where you need to be posting.

Sorry that I have absolutely no practical advice but I hope that things improve for you soon.
  • Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,834 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Juanita you're in exactly the right place. Hugs to you and welcome
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure